Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 01:59 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
J&J immunity drops after just 2 months? I hadn't heard that. That's what I got, and I haven't gotten a booster yet. They're only beginning to become available where I live. I was going to put it off as long as possible, otherwise we'll end up getting them every 2 months, won't we? Doesn't make sense.
I guess you're not paying much attention:

[url]https://www.cnet.com/health/everything-to-know-about-johnson-johnson-covid-boosters/[/url]

[url]https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/26/pfizer-biontech-investigating-new-covid-variant-jj-testing-vaccine-against-it.html[/url]

Pay attention to the J&J one shot 13% efficacy in the second link.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:05 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I agree with some of your points. However, you are wrong about the delta variant. That broke out and spread like wildfire in India, resulting in a MASSIVE spike that killed hundreds of thousands officially (and millions, unofficially) well before even 5% of their population were vaccinated. So, repeatedly citing Delta as evidence for your claims is off, unfortunately. It is entirely coincidental that Delta spread after vaccination, as proven by its spread in India BEFORE vaccination. The vaccines do protect against Delta, with levels of efficacy well above 50%, but only if the vaccination was recent. And while immunity from infection wanes, immunity from hospitalization and death lasts longer.

Hence while India’s delta spike was almost vertical and brutal (hospital systems failing, people dying on the streets or in parking lots or choking when their oxygen ran out), the more vaccinated West has seen a ‘wave’ not a spike, with much reduced fatality.

I did not mean to say that Delta spreads mostly among vaccinated, or that it harms mostly vaccinated. Once it gets going, sure, it can get anyone.

I'd take India's DPM over ours, though. Western medicine isn't doing so well.

India, deaths/million: 335, and currently with low rate of transmission and of death
U.S., deaths/million: 2395, and not doing great

Old 11-29-2021, 08:17 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times
India uses Western medicine. And I wouldn’t put much fate in their DPM. Most Indians live in areas without access to healthcare and most deaths would be reported to authorities but not checked or verified, especially during a pandemic. No way to check cause of death, probably just a police report and death certificate. Quick cremation, done.

But certainly India did a longer lockdown and continues more stringent anti Covid measures than the US. And after initial supply chain issues, they are vaccinating profusely. At this point, they’re going door to door for people who are unable to leave the house.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:14 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The virus can also spread to animals and keep mutating that way too. That is why it's almost impossible to eradicate it.
Interesting...why does Fauci and the powers to be in the FDA/NIH/CDC/NIAID, and the Gates foundation want a ban Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine?
Answer: because Fauci has financially ties to pharmaceutical companies who both want the drug Remdesivir used instead. In fact Fauci thru the NIH hold the patient on Remdesivir and stands to make million if and when approved. Remdesivir is almost identically to Ivermectin but cost over $3000 a dosage compared to about $10 for Ivermectin. The problem with Remdesivir is all independent trial on the drug has failed. Only Fauci own study which was stopped half way thru the trial will be approved.
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...43582647b.html
Fauci and the FDA/CDC threaten to have doctors who prescribed Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine for their patients may lose their right to practice medicine. So much for the doctor/patient rights. Pharmacies also have told they would lose their license if they filled doctor's prescriptions for either drug.
Almost all study trials for Remdesivir has found it is not effective against the Covid virus. Meanwhile the results of Ivermectin to control the Covid virus has shown it to be over 90% effective. In India's New Delhi, Ivermectin reduced death by about 97% and in other parts of India at nearly 100%.
https://www.thedesertreview.com/news...2d2325a08.html
Source: Book by Robert Kennedy son of Robert Kennedy and nephew of President Kennedy, titled 'The Real Anthony Fauci"
India death rate per million over the last 7 days has been 1.93 compared to the US 11.79 per million. India population is 1.4 billion compared to the US 330 million.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Old 11-29-2021, 01:50 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Further information: September report from the Department of Defense revealed 71% of recent Covid cases of those hospitalized were full vaccinated. Fauci and Biden lied when both said that only un-vaccinated were being hospitalized.
In 1997 the Swine Flu vaccine was pulled after 25 deaths. Between Dec 14 2020 and Oct 1 2022 there were 16K deaths and 778K injuries related to the Covid vaccine according to VAERS.
Europe reported 40K deaths and 2.2 million with adverse reactions after the vaccine was distributed to patients.
According to CDC reporting data, Covid vaccine is 98 times more likely to kill than a flu vaccine.
Source: Book by Robert Kennedy son of Robert Kennedy and nephew of President Kennedy, titled 'The Real Anthony Fauci"

Old 11-29-2021, 03:25 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
Premise of post is wrong. Vaccines are not - and were never - advertised as 100% effective.

Best description - they slow the transmission, and, if contracted, reduce the severity. Data supports this pretty much everywhere.

Data as from rantiquity above mainly shows a poor understanding of the numbers - for instance, as more and more people get vaccinated - than a greater ratio of hospitalized people will ALSO be vaccinated. Simple.

71% - then - is predictable. Once EVERYONE is vaccinated, then that number will be 100%. It will only get bigger - not smaller. A better question is - what PERCENT of UNvaccinated people are sick each day versuse what PERCENT of vaccinated people? Let's see that data - or stop posting this nonsense. It's not helping.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Do you really think we will vaccinate ourselves out of this virus?
That’s rich.
I wager that the willingness to keep up on these vaccines will diminish.

The “best description” ?
What about the worst description?

I too want to see the data on vaccinated verses unvaccinated cases.
What I really want to see is the amount of these vaccinated v unvaccinated cases from healthy people that take them to deathly ill.
All these minor cases with a mild cold or flu symptoms should be counted as a positive outcome aka “a win”.

90 year old people in assisted living with multiple things wrong with them are tainting the covid statistics and are being used for political manipulation.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:38 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialgatime321 View Post
This is a gish-gallop. Half the questions here are answered in the original post, which is half the length of your gish-gallop.

We will have to open up eventually. The amount of damage caused by continuous covid restrictions, masks, sanitations, vaccines, forever-boosters, etc., would be too much for society to handle forever. "Flatten the curve" is a myth- in reality, you're just delaying the inevitable spike in COVID deaths and infections that will occur when we are eventually forced to end the COVID ****. Only this time, it will be so much worse, because we have spent two to ten years coddling our immune systems, not just from COVID but from other diseases as well, with masks, sanitations, etc., so that our immune systems are all collectively completely unable to deal with any kind of disease. As a result, we will all be like AIDS patients, completely dependent on eternal boosters from the government or corporations, making us slaves to whoever provides the boosters, which could easily be abused in catastrophic ways.

Reject the vax. Reject the masks. Rise up!
Your post is utterly ‘gish gallop’ whatever that is. NONE of the questions in my post were answered in the OP. I don’t know WHO has been spending ‘two to ten years coddling their immune systems’

You seem to be operating on a different sphere of understanding. I am happy to discuss disagreements with folks who have a grasp on reality. Have a good one.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:40 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Even mandatory (100%) vaccination won't solve the COVID crisis. Lockdowns are no longer an option, so we need a miracle.

https://www.dw.com/en/opinion-mandat...now/a-59958575

Old 11-29-2021, 07:48 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Even mandatory (100%) vaccination won't solve the COVID crisis. Lockdowns are no longer an option, so we need a miracle.

[url]https://www.dw.com/en/opinion-mandatory-vaccinations-wont-help-now/a-59958575[/url]
That article says that a lockdown is needed. I guess it's still an option for some places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington