Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 01:47 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I'm weary of someone who never takes an alternative view. Never can stand for criticism. Never can offer criticism of themselves or their "own side".
I take alternative views all the time. But they have to stand the test of truth. Until natural immunity was proven, I didn’t support it as an alternative to a vaccine mandate. As soon as it was, I changed my stance.

You are against mandates, but have you conceded that they save lives and proposed a compromise, where people who have had Covid can also show that they are less of a threat to others, and thus the only people who need to worry about restrictions are the unvaxxed who haven’t had Covid?

I conceded that law enforcement in Seattle should be granted an exemption for the Covid mandate since we can’t afford to lose any.

Have you conceded that much of the ‘mildness’ of omicron may be because many people who get it have had Covid or vaccines before?

Have you conceded that there are no data to show that children are safer unvaxxed and exposed to Covid than vaxxed?

I conceded that the US should stop masking young children in school, now that vaccines and boosters are available.

What about the fact that boosters reduce your chances of being hospitalized? Any concession there?

Or that good masks reduce your chances of getting ill?

And if ever I am wrong, I admit it. So, where is your criticism of your own side? What’s your opinion on policies that would actually help medical workers TODAY who need our support?

Old 02-09-2022, 09:23 AM

302 posts, read 177,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I take alternative views all the time. But they have to stand the test of truth. Until natural immunity was proven, I didn’t support it as an alternative to a vaccine mandate. As soon as it was, I changed my stance.

You are against mandates, but have you conceded that they save lives and proposed a compromise, where people who have had Covid can also show that they are less of a threat to others, and thus the only people who need to worry about restrictions are the unvaxxed who haven’t had Covid?

I conceded that law enforcement in Seattle should be granted an exemption for the Covid mandate since we can’t afford to lose any.

Have you conceded that much of the ‘mildness’ of omicron may be because many people who get it have had Covid or vaccines before?

Have you conceded that there are no data to show that children are safer unvaxxed and exposed to Covid than vaxxed?

I conceded that the US should stop masking young children in school, now that vaccines and boosters are available.

What about the fact that boosters reduce your chances of being hospitalized? Any concession there?

Or that good masks reduce your chances of getting ill?

And if ever I am wrong, I admit it. So, where is your criticism of your own side? What’s your opinion on policies that would actually help medical workers TODAY who need our support?
What if I were to tell you covid only exists in your mind and you been going crazy over it for nothing?

Old 02-09-2022, 09:29 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I'm weary of someone who never takes an alternative view. Never can stand for criticism. Never can offer criticism of themselves or their "own side".
Arcos is the most stubborn poster I have ever seen. He always finds ways to defend everything democrats do even if it's illegal or makes no sense. Fortunately most people are not like that and we will get back to normal whether Arcos likes it or not. Humanity (not politics) will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington