Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 04:12 PM

3,404 posts, read 2,762,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We always stopped there on the way home from a day in B.C., I once tried the burger with the hot dog rolled up on top. Everett Mall is closer, and to the south there is one in Puyallup.
Good to know, I wasn't aware of those 2 locations.
Their whole "lineup" is delish IMO, and you can ask for sourdough rounds or swirled rye too instead of the regular processed burger buns.
Their steaks, burgers, smoked salmon salad, squirrel sandwich, and more all get my burp of approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 05:16 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,136,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
In-n-Out
Never tried it but will when I move to Texas at the end of this month!

Old 02-08-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The more you lower the cost of living, the faster the population will grow. The more crowded it gets, the more quality of life will diminish.
I did not think of that, I thought since Washington State is such a very popular state that has caused cost of living to rise sharply.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Bring back logging? Never realized it was banned? I still see plenty of clear cut tree plantations, maybe it’s not as prolific as it was at some earlier time, but logging still definitely exists.
Some people say the government has gotten rid of logging and grazing the forests, how come we're getting so many smoke filled skies towards the end of summer anymore? That was not the norm until the Summer of 2015

Old 02-08-2021, 06:19 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,110,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Some people say the government has gotten rid of logging and grazing the forests, how come we're getting so many smoke filled skies towards the end of summer anymore? That was not the norm until the Summer of 2015

It became the norm in Wenatchee in 1994.

We have a "epidemic of trees" on Forest Service lands in Washington state. The more they grow, the more smoke they produce when they burn.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:21 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,130,433 times
I used to like in and out, but not so much anymore since they got big.
I think they were better 35 years ago when they we smaller.
Their unprinted menu is the bomb though.
That said I am glad I don’t see them here.
I dig the “one off” places like the 101 cafe, Fat Smitty’s or that Mexican drive through place in PA just to name a few.

I’d love a few more summer rains.
Where we are at we do get a coolish humidity thing in the morning/dusk hours at times and I never have to water the lawn.

I am pretty easy to please.
I just need a couple of quality items and good service and I’m all good.
We have all that here .

Where we are at there is logging.
I can see several tracts right from my living room and I’m cool with that.
It’s their property.
Heck we just had the place across the street did a several month logging job and I could not see them so they never bothered me.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:19 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,977,388 times
Bobs burger and brew still alive in Tri cities with two locations.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:20 AM

3,404 posts, read 2,762,003 times
From a relative in forestry: "Several of the states foothills and mountain passes are full of dying and dead beetle kill trees that are just waiting to go poof, some did last year. The enviro's and state don't want to cut it down, so every year we have these fires. Some years are better some are worse, but the overall trend is getting worse, due to this mismanagement. Trees have a lifecycle like anything else, they get old, rot out hollow in the center, and eventually die. It makes sense to process this lumber in a responsible manner and replant new trees, treating them like the renewable resource they are. But this falls on deaf ears. Worse yet, as a crew leader of several fire crews for a number of years, we come across all kinds of wildlife that was burned alive in these fires, the same wildlife the enviro's and state claim they are trying to save by not allowing these areas to be logged, even selectively."

Old 02-09-2021, 12:14 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,460,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Bring back logging? Never realized it was banned? I still see plenty of clear cut tree plantations, maybe it’s not as prolific as it was at some earlier time, but logging still definitely exists.
I see logging trucks every day, and fresh clear cut.

Old 02-09-2021, 12:19 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,460,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Never tried it but will when I move to Texas at the end of this month!
In-n-Out is great, some people on this forum automatically hate anything that originated in California. Be sure to order the fries animal style.

Best wishes on your move!

Someone mentioned Fat Smitty's. We tried them when we first came here & they were awful & over-priced. I was told that the original owner & his wife had just sold out and retired, that when they ran it, the food was very good.

Last edited by happygrrrl; 02-09-2021 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington