Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 01:55 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,455,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Well that is just silly. So no one can speak their mind about anything relevant to a specific place unless they have lived there??? That is a little controlling isn't it. And yes, I lived in Sequim from 2014 to 2017, Carlsborg actually. After moving I was also active on the Save Sequim fb page to thwart the tribe's horrible money making scheme because I wanted to move back. But didn't want the increased crime that it would bring, and already has.

Restricting who can post about what will not help to bring life to our forums. Very sad.

And yes, I can, and will have an opinion about anything out there. Who is to say that I, or anyone else can't.
Interesting claims, but I just went over the Forum Rules and the TOS and there is nothing that prevents people from posting on the forum for a city in which they do not live. In fact, there is mention of the members being helpful to people that might be thinking about moving there.

While I haven't lived in Sequim I have stayed there for several days many times every year over the last 20 years with my parents living there, and my brother living there since 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 01:59 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Well that is just silly. So no one can speak their mind about anything relevant to a specific place unless they have lived there??? That is a little controlling isn't it. And yes, I lived in Sequim from 2014 to 2017, Carlsborg actually. After moving I was also active on the Save Sequim fb page to thwart the tribe's horrible money making scheme because I wanted to move back. But didn't want the increased crime that it would bring, and already has.

Restricting who can post about what will not help to bring life to our forums. Very sad.

And yes, I can, and will have an opinion about anything out there. Who is to say that I, or anyone else can't.
It was sarcasm. Biting sarcasm.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:01 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,584,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It was sarcasm. Biting sarcasm.
If so, then I wasn't the only one who missed it. Add a "S" next time.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:03 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,099,030 times
I think we are all a little bit guilty of being silly at times.

So AK,
How’s that creative writing class working out ?

Old 02-24-2022, 02:04 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
If so, then I wasn't the only one who missed it. Add a "S" next time.
Yes. Sarcastic posts on C-D often are flagged as such by an eye-roll emoji or this one:

It's a good practice to use, since the written word doesn't always convey the true meaning, due to lack of tone of voice and other clues.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes. Sarcastic posts on C-D often are flagged as such by an eye-roll emoji or this one:

It's a good practice to use, since the written word doesn't always convey the true meaning, due to lack of tone of voice and other clues.
I agree. That way some of us wouldn't get our bowels in an uproar over nothing, lol.

Old 02-24-2022, 05:18 PM

2,915 posts, read 1,366,238 times
Quote:

mlulu, I gave your post an upvote because I agree. It's the same point I was making, or tried to make that is.

You and Ruth are right though. I should have added the /s. I'm sure my post must have been a bit concerning (shocking might be a better word) with the threats to remove and block posts. Sorry for giving you all a heart attack!

Anyway, here's the history that led up to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
A good example of the people getting together to change their leadership when it goes the wrong way. The same happened here in Sammamish a few years ago when the City Council was "in bed with" developers, and unlimited growth without the infrastructure was eminent. Three of the incumbents were replaced in the 2020 election due to strong communication among the residents. It's too bad that people don't pay more attention until things get so bad that they have to start a movement to get change done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Two people who don't live in Sequim telling people who do live Sequim how to live their lives.
Quote:
The majority of Sequim citizens seem to disagree with your take on things.
Quote:
Do you live within the Sequim city limits? An honest question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
Who are you to gatekeep who can talk about sequim? You post in a lot of places you don’t live with your opinion.
Quote:
At least I know what I am talking about when it comes to living in Sequim.
Quote:
I guess take that advice when posting in forums where you don’t live??
Quote:
And when did I post anything about some place I haven't live at in the past. I will be waiting for enlighten reply.
Quote:
In the past? lol when did you live in Canada? Not that it matters, I’m not gatekeeping like you are trying to.
Quote:
Having worked in Canada many times over a 25 years span...

Old 02-24-2022, 05:24 PM

2,915 posts, read 1,366,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I think we are all a little bit guilty of being silly at times.

So AK,
How’s that creative writing class working out ?
Lol!

Old 02-24-2022, 05:56 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,099,030 times

Old 02-24-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
mlulu, I gave your post an upvote because I agree. It's the same point I was making, or tried to make that is.

You and Ruth are right though. I should have added the /s. I'm sure my post must have been a bit concerning (shocking might be a better word) with the threats to remove and block posts. Sorry for giving you all a heart attack!

Anyway, here's the history that led up to this:
And I upvoted your above post too. It's all good. I'm sorry for overreacting, but I thought your post was for real. Shocking is an accurate description. It freaked me out.

Yeah, I read the whole thread, and agree with you. And I still love the Olympic Peninsula. If you care to look on my profile in one of my albums I have several photos of me in the area including finishing the 10k portion of the Discovery Marathon race in Port Angeles 2017. I walked the majority of the way, but was glad to finish. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington