Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 12:21 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,887,429 times

Advertisements

The CNN reporter calls Sequim "moderate". I question that. I believe it is mostly conservative based on my close understanding of the area. However, and this is important, the county where Sequim exists is a blue county. I do think the so-called mayor is ignorant of what Qanon actually is. If he isn't, he probably does need to be removed.

As for why this made CNN? It is likely because CNN has a Seattle bureau and/or reporter there that needs to find stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 05:32 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
I just can’t find it in me to accept hate.
I don’t care where it comes from.
It’s a cancer that hurts all of us.

I didn’t read what he posted but I did listen to his interview.
He sounded like a moron while tap dancing around questions.
I also have doubts that he quite understands and I hope that is the case because it would be worse if he did in my opinion.
Regardless if he does or doesn’t there is probably a better person for this job.

I think we should treat both parties equally and remove hate mongers and morons that hold positions similar to this.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:39 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Yes, here is the mayor's interview with CNN. Strange to imagine CNN coming to the tiny town of Sequim.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/0...ah-pkg-vpx.cnn
In an August 202 radio broadcast Mayor Armacost said "QAnon is a truth movement that encourages you to think for yourself. I want to encourage you to search for Joe M on YouTube and watch his videos starting with 'Q. The Plan to Save the World."

Armacost was openly spreading QAnon disinformation on his Facebook page and elsewhere, but the national spotlight has him feeling uncomfortable, so now he "just wants patriots to look for the truth." Meanwhile, the unusual number of sudden vacancies in city leadership have citizens of Sequim wondering if there is more going on.

How did a crank like this ever get into office and how is it possible that a woman who believes that Jewish space lasers were used to start fires in California is now serving in Congress? I hope the residents of Sequim recall him ASAP and I hope that Americans will stop being so gullible.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:42 AM

I gots to get me some of dem space lasers .
OMFG sometimes the truth is weirder than fiction.

This is just a sample of this person’s weirdness.
Didn’t this dip**** also want death to people?

We have to clean/eliminate this stuff out.

I am not saying that I want to infringe on freedom of speech but an elected official I want a higher standard.

If we don’t there will be mentally unstable people that actually believe this crap.

We don’t need any of that, and just please.

Old 01-31-2021, 03:50 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I gots to get me some of dem space lasers .
Me too. They're going on my Christmas list for sure!

Old 01-31-2021, 09:46 PM

61 posts, read 39,944 times
Quote:
I just can’t find it in me to accept hate.
I don’t care where it comes from.
It’s a cancer that hurts all of us.

I didn’t read what he posted but I did listen to his interview.
He sounded like a moron while tap dancing around questions.
I also have doubts that he quite understands and I hope that is the case because it would be worse if he did in my opinion.
Regardless if he does or doesn’t there is probably a better person for this job.

I think we should treat both parties equally and remove hate mongers and morons that hold positions similar to this.
Hate is a normal human emotion that everyone - yourself included - experiences. Bigotry isn't.

Old 02-02-2021, 06:17 AM

I disagree.
I think anger is normal human emotion.
Hate is what you might get if you can’t control or eliminate anger.

If I am angry I will either eliminate it with forgiveness or to shun the person or subject away from me.

Hate in my opinion is a mental problem that might could use a bit of counseling.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:36 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,072 times
Quote:
I disagree.
I think anger is normal human emotion.
Hate is what you might get if you can’t control or eliminate anger.

If I am angry I will either eliminate it with forgiveness or to shun the person or subject away from me.

Hate in my opinion is a mental problem that might could use a bit of counseling.
Have to agree

And bigotry is just a side effect of low IQ

Old 02-02-2021, 04:44 PM

Oh I really wish that bigotry was just a product of low IQ’s.
That might be easier to deal with... meaning it’s just plain and easy to see and easier to deal with.

Sadly I know of 2 published people that are in the science fields that are racist and I am just one guy that knows of 2 of them.

In my opinion there probably are some very smart (it really sucks that I had say a racist is smart but I did for clarity) racists and they are the ones to worry about the most

They have the ability to do the most harm, like denying promotions or employment that are rightfully earned, refusing housing or membership to clubs and things like that.

I’d rather be able to easily see a racist than have one crunch my future that I can not easily see.

Old 02-02-2021, 07:51 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,762,145 times
You need to grasp a greater understanding of the things that breed racism in the first place. I'll bang out a few:

* people that grow up in a family where they learn from their parents to dislike those that are not like them
* People that have particularly bad experiences with those of other races. eg: they are robbed by a black person, beat up by hispanics etc.
* People that may happen to lose a job even more than once, to a minority and mistakenly put it together that the minority person was given preference and they gat an attitude about that from that experience.

The list is endless. Perhaps I was fortunate that while I did have some negative experiences growing up on the South Side of Chicago, and riding a bus was attacked by a couple of black guys, and my dad was robbed at night in downtown Chicago by several armed black guys. But even after that both my dad and I had black friends that were great people and we enjoyed their company. We were able to distinguish that there was bad and good in ALL people. I was also fortunate that I was in a band in High School where it was a makeup of a bunch of guys from all backgrounds. A black singer, Puerto Rican drummer, European keyboard player, Texan bass player and such. So I had the blessed experience of having friends from all types

I however can easily distinguish that the BLM movement is anything BUT what the media would have you think. they are NOT representative of the real African American people. I also happen to know a number of Hispanics who are originally from Mexico, and they have little respect for those trying to come across the border with NO qualifications or desires to work. They agree it is nasty and stupid to support them not working or having anything to bring to this country to enhance it as opposed to sucking off it. So there you have it. The good, bad.....and ugly of race relationships. It's all about what they REALLY are, not what is portrayed by media and such. Don't judge a person till you've actually interacted with them. THEN call them a useless piece of
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington