Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 04:01 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
What does it matter? Unemployment is at the lowest for decades, businesses are struggling to find workers all over and aren't willing to pay enough for them.
I guess it doesn't matter? Just highlights the "Ketchum-ization" of this area. People are posting on local media looking for places to rent for $2,500/month and not finding anything. Maybe when every aspect of your daily life about has been affected by closures reductions in hours and weeks waiting for everything from mail to a plumber you might think "we should have had housing for all income tiers". Keep on Nimby'n and assure that there are even less people to serve you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2023, 08:19 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I guess it doesn't matter? Just highlights the "Ketchum-ization" of this area. People are posting on local media looking for places to rent for $2,500/month and not finding anything. Maybe when every aspect of your daily life about has been affected by closures reductions in hours and weeks waiting for everything from mail to a plumber you might think "we should have had housing for all income tiers". Keep on Nimby'n and assure that there are even less people to serve you.
The bolded is nonsense. What kind of "place" are they looking for, for that price, a 4 br house? You can look at the rental listings yourself, and find 2 and 3 br. apartments for well under $2500.

Old 02-20-2023, 11:29 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The bolded is nonsense. What kind of "place" are they looking for, for that price, a 4 br house? You can look at the rental listings yourself, and find 2 and 3 br. apartments for well under $2500.
The poster needed a 3-bedroom house or townhouse with at least a one car garage. He's a tradesman and is tired of his work vehicle getting prowled and/or having the catalytic converter stolen while parked at the apartments.
Beware, depending on where you are looking at rentals, the cheaper ads can be scams. Several posters on local media are talking about this. There is a ton of people looking for affordable places, so they pay a $40 or more application fee (scam or not-not refundable with many property management companies) and never hear back.

Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM

131 posts, read 323,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Recently at work, we did work in Bellingham's low income housing. 90% of the 1000 apartments were far below third world conditions. What's funny is that the property managers were blamed for the behavior of the residents. It got to the point that nobody at work was happy going onto the properties.
Bellingham is as dangerous as Seattle. I sure ain't gonna retire here. I'll rent out my Geneva house for $3k and move to West Texas.

Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Recently at work, we did work in Bellingham's low income housing. 90% of the 1000 apartments were far below third world conditions. What's funny is that the property managers were blamed for the behavior of the residents. It got to the point that nobody at work was happy going onto the properties.
Bellingham is as dangerous as Seattle. I sure ain't gonna retire here. I'll rent out my Geneva house for $3k and move to West Texas.
But then you'd be stuck in West Texas. There must be better options....?

P.S. I hear the A/C bill in summers is pretty pricey in TX....

Old Today, 12:25 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,484,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But then you'd be stuck in West Texas. There must be better options....?

P.S. I hear the A/C bill in summers is pretty pricey in TX....
Ruth, we have been having hotter drier summers lately. The past few summers have hit 100°. In fact, I read very recently that AC units may be free to low income households in Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington