Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 03:08 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,531,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
idiots

Idiots - they need representation too! Would smart people be as successful if there weren't idiots? Idiots prop up the Criminal Justice System- what would prosecutors, jailers and crim defense lawyers do without them?

When people see ( Google) That Trump speaks at a 4th Grade-level, many say " America is great- the land of opportunity- because if that moron can be elected president, maybe I can as well!"

Some claim college degrees like the the who used anecdotal evidence to (not) make a point. Hopefully that pony rode off into the sunset.

Its all good Dav51lin and hopefully it will start looking better after November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 11:27 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,910,977 times
I am sure some who have college degrees will vote for Trump. It really isn't an issue of "intelligence" as an issue of politics, though I would offer that Trump does appeal to more non-college educated. And, frankly, he has capitalized on that to his advantage. Bottom line, he won't win in Washington, or Oregon, or California. But this thread is about Culp, and I apologize for swaying it toward Trump. But my original point was I see a lot of Trump/Culp combined campaign signs. As if the two were joined at the hip, as I suppose they are.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:45 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,386,567 times
It's not just eastern WA. We took a long drive last Saturday (before the fires) in Graham, Eatonville, Buckley and Enumclaw. There were many big signs in those places for Trump and Culp, very few, smaller ones for Biden and Inslee. I didn't see any mounted on pickup trucks with flags, however.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:42 AM

1,348 posts, read 710,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I am sure some who have college degrees will vote for Trump. It really isn't an issue of "intelligence" as an issue of politics, though I would offer that Trump does appeal to more non-college educated. And, frankly, he has capitalized on that to his advantage. Bottom line, he won't win in Washington, or Oregon, or California. But this thread is about Culp, and I apologize for swaying it toward Trump. But my original point was I see a lot of Trump/Culp combined campaign signs. As if the two were joined at the hip, as I suppose they are.
he appeasls to racists

Old 09-16-2020, 11:38 AM

439 posts, read 424,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
It's not just eastern WA. We took a long drive last Saturday (before the fires) in Graham, Eatonville, Buckley and Enumclaw. There were many big signs in those places for Trump and Culp, very few, smaller ones for Biden and Inslee. I didn't see any mounted on pickup trucks with flags, however.
The majority of clients at the firm I work at are small to medium local businesses. Many are open about supporting Culp because of the shutdown and overreach from Inslee. I don't know that any are big on Trump though.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,769,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fassopony View Post
The majority of clients at the firm I work at are small to medium local businesses. Many are open about supporting Culp because of the shutdown and overreach from Inslee. I don't know that any are big on Trump though.
I would expect any random collection of small and medium business owners support any Republican candidate, regardless of Covid or Inslee. Small business owners lean heavily Republican and always have.

In other words, if it wasn't Covid shutdown, the would have some other reason to vote GOP.

Just like liberal Seattle voters might say they are voting against Trump for whatever reason. But there is no chance most would ever vote for any Republican presidential candidate under any circumstances.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:17 PM

256 posts, read 114,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Do you not understand what the word "primarily" means?
Yeah with enough effort you can find a Jew who supports Nazis.

Old 09-20-2020, 12:10 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,686,668 times
I'm amazed at the shallow thinking that seems to be a permanent factor in US politics. Thinking that Culp actually has any clue as to the requirements needed to administer the daily meanderings of a large and demographically complex state, is far beyond any rational explanation.

But that kind of thinking seems to be in vogue now. Just because candidates such as Culp have NO real experience--It is supposed that they are also blessed with a type of public service saintliness due to the fact of their administrative lacking and political ignorance.

Propaganda that aims to spread the idea of political administration experience as a negative, while posturing the "professional pol" as a kind of modern day pariah, plays into the hands of those who want to be controlling the candidate who is elected on the basis of their inexperience and supposed altruistic love of public service.

On another note: Jay Inslee, like most governors, makes his decisions based on the best input from professional advice, coming from inside the statehouse along with those in the private sector, to imagine Inslee arriving at the decisions surrounding COVID 19, all on his own, only demonstrates the level of political ignorance that has infected the minds of those ill informed types.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:43 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,531,470 times
Jertheber- Nice post. Of course experience counts and just by your writing I can tell you're not a Trumper or on the Culp. Despite all the people fasopony knows voting for Trump and Culp, they both will get creamed in Washington and they can ride that horse into the sunset.

Culp probably has never even seen a large budget and most likely lacks even a rudimentary knowledge of law or human resources,

Old 09-20-2020, 05:07 PM

290 posts, read 289,111 times
Culp is on record as saying he isn't enforcing I-1639 because it's "unconstitutional." But if he won't even uphold his oath of office if elected, why should anyone take him seriously?

Inslee's not an appealing alternative, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington