Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 03:51 PM

5,501 posts, read 7,805,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Culp is unqualified and inexperienced. He thinks he knows constitutional law better than constitutional lawyers but has no basis for that. He needs to work his way up through being a mayor or other local government before he will be experienced enough for state level government.
I think he managed to rise to the top due to Washington's weird "jungle" primary which ended up splitting all the other GOP votes. If WA still had separate Democratic and Republican primaries, I doubt he would have won a stand-alone Republican primary. Some more moderate business-type Republican would have beat him I suspect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 12:29 PM

1,301 posts, read 668,850 times
Inslee is an idiot who got offended when Trump offered to send federal help to take back CHAZ from the BLM morons. The guy comes off as incompetent and unaware at times. Anyone would be better than him.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:27 PM

862 posts, read 1,069,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Culp is unqualified and inexperienced. He thinks he knows constitutional law better than constitutional lawyers but has no basis for that. He needs to work his way up through being a mayor or other local government before he will be experienced enough for state level government.
Yet we have a president who never held an office. And about to get re-elected.
Tell me Culp's good points, too. I'm new to WA politics.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:21 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,536,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Yet we have a president who never held an office. And about to get re-elected.
Tell me Culp's good points, too. I'm new to WA politics.

The Good points:

As police chief in a tiny town, he was never indicted for shooting of Black suspects- snarky folks who don't like him will counter that there were no Blacks in his town and the only Black people he ever saw was when his cable tv was working.

He graduated from High School and while studies show Trump speaks at a 4th-Grade Level, Culp is as qualified as many high school students.

He has never filed for bankruptcy - while Trump's many filings screwed investors, lenders and employees - not of that is Culp's fault.

He was not court-ordered to pay back $2 million of fund he embezzled from a veteran's organization as was Trump.e

While he does share the same illiterate supporters as Trump, there are differences and he should be judged on his own merit.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:04 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,939,325 times
This race is a given for Inslee. There really isn’t any point of discussion here. If the Republicans had chosen a moderate they might have had a small chance. But they did not do that.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:38 AM

862 posts, read 1,069,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
This race is a given for Inslee. There really isn’t any point of discussion here. If the Republicans had chosen a moderate they might have had a small chance. But they did not do that.
Certainly better than the TDS response before you.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:45 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,764,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Certainly better than the TDS response before you.
TDS? Really? Why did move to a blue state then? Why do Trump supporters move to blue blue Washington then whine about the politics that they KNEW were here? TDS. Culp is a loser and there will come a time when Trump is gone, either 2020 or 2024. There will come a time when all the cover ups Trump and the GOP are doing to hide his actions will be ripped off and exposed. And with that, the truth of what Trump's supporters really are.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:58 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,536,756 times
I don't mind them moving to a Blue State. Liberal -Democratic Washington among most surveys has one of the Top 5 economies and COVID responses. I know this and most of the time live in El Paso. Would I would like the uneducated Trumpers - Culpers to move to Alabama and Mississippi and then secede, its only normal they follow the path of opportunity.

This doesnt mean the Dems are always right - many were part of the process that moved the Seattle Supersonics to BF Oklahoma.

Old 08-31-2020, 10:09 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,939,325 times
I have come to the conclusion that while Trump may get re-elected, the house will remain democratic, and senate will remain republican, (though with some who will go against the potus on some issues). Bottom line, not much will change with this set-up. So I have accepted this as the worst case scenerio, which isn't really that bad, as the President will have very little power, except appointment of Supreme Court justices, which is no little thing. That is the worst case. The best case is Biden will win, and whether he completes his term would not be the overlying issue.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 713,133 times
4 more years of trump will be a disaster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington