Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I don't know if older men are submissive. Some of them are more attractive. But none of them bear children.
Ugh, don't post when you're tired, thanks, I fixed it (I think).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 06:07 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
So, what you are saying is that it's legal via technicality. I'm not sure that makes it okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
What?

I guess it's just the conservative redneck in me, but is that legal and/or acceptable? What am I missing here?

What are liberals going to okay with next - marrying your cat? Or your blow-up doll?
Why do you care? You are throwing a lot of moral judgment on the OP's personal life. Why does it matter to you how she conducts her life?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Rotse also thinks older men should marry younger women because they are more submissive, attractive and prone to bearing children. You add polygamy and what Rotse really wants is a harem. He's not the first of course but he does give it a Raymond Jessop vibe.
Yes... But I am time and time again fascinated by common ground between people of different belief structures.

(I will fully admit my root of feeling "offended" at first was just a knee jerk feminist reaction and my bias against organized religion. Once I thought it through, and applied my rule that it is none of my dang business what people do in the bedroom, as long as they are "good" parents and decent citizens that is all that matters. I am OK with it.)

Simply feel mankind would be better off if we celebrated what we have in common rather than our differences..

Old 07-15-2014, 08:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
(I will fully admit my root of feeling "offended" at first was just a knee jerk feminist reaction and my bias against organized religion. Once I thought it through, and applied my rule that it is none of my dang business what people do in the bedroom, as long as they are "good" parents and decent citizens that is all that matters. I am OK with it.)
Honestly, the first thing that ran through my mind was an old western called Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox. Goldie Hawn is a saloon dancer who hears about a traveling Mormon family looking for a nanny. "One night on and six nights off sounds real nice".

Old 07-15-2014, 09:27 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
"I wonder how far off the day is when coffee will no longer be considered a sin for LDS people to drink?"
I don't know, but there are some very good places to get espresso in Salt Lake. Bars too. For a place with a large population of Mormons, I'm guessing they're not all too concerned about getting caught with a cappuccino.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Why do you care? You are throwing a lot of moral judgment on the OP's personal life. Why does it matter to you how she conducts her life?
You're absolutely right.

But the last time a guy asked a question about where to live in Washington that had "less diversity" (he did not insult anyone or make any kind of hate-filled statement), it resulted in a backlash of liberals spouting-off PC taglines about him being a bigot and racist.

How is that any less of a "moral judgment"?

In short, I am assuming that passing judgment on someone you don't know is acceptable on this forum, based on past evidence.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:19 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,369,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Because that's what social conservatives do. The idea that other people are enjoying a lifestyle different than theirs makes them grumpy.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:26 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Because that's what social conservatives do. The idea that other people are enjoying a lifestyle different than theirs makes them grumpy.
But of course liberals wouldn't dream of doing that.

Just last week on this forum, a guy claiming to be a liberal commented that he wants to live around his own kind and wants to run out the people who don't think like him.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:59 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,229 times
Quote:
I guess it's just the conservative redneck in me, but is that legal and/or acceptable?
Yes, if you believe in freedom. As long as they're taking good care of the kids it's no one's business.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Rotse also thinks older men should marry younger women because they are more submissive, attractive and prone to bearing children. You add polygamy and what Rotse really wants is a harem. He's not the first of course but he does give it a Raymond Jessop vibe.
Just watch out for that guy Rotse, that is all I have to say...

Yeah, he likes them submissive 18+ year old child bearing attractive polygamous relationships.. What a chauvinist he is..

Raymond Jessop? Yeah, my harem of young virgin girls are all over 18.. So, I think I am more aligned with Hugh Heffner , except a more moral and religious version of him.. Maybe, somebody else here is a bit too obsessed with people like Raymond Jessop? Didn't even know about him until you brought him up.. What type of activities do you do in your free time to know so much about guys like him?

Ok, on a serious note:
A guy (ME, that is) likes girls who are 20-30 years old and suddenly he is Raymond Jessop?? BTW.. I never said I, myself, would practice polygamy, I just said I am not against those who did. I suppose if someone said they support gay marriage you would say they remind you of some child molester as well.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 07-17-2014 at 04:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington