Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 02:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,539,568 times

Advertisements

Well, I started my application and everything went ka-bam - technical problems on their website. I started out on a jobs website and they transferred me from there to the hospital in Colville. I have a call in with HR at the hospital and haven't received a call back. So everything's on hold right now with the Colville job. No biggie - we'll make the connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 02:43 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,282,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thanks, this was interesting and informative. I've never been out there, so I don't know, but I knew some Native people in Seattle who were from there, and the proposed mine was very controversial within the rez.
I can imagine that it is controversial, considering all the other superfund disasters around Metaline and north Idaho that resulted from mining. The money for the Tribe would be great, but probably not worth the environmental impact. I guess it depends on who you ask, though.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:20 AM

102,281 posts, read 108,356,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
I can imagine that it is controversial, considering all the other superfund disasters around Metaline and north Idaho that resulted from mining. The money for the Tribe would be great, but probably not worth the environmental impact. I guess it depends on who you ask, though.
The way I heard it, the elders were dead set against disturbing Mother Earth, but some of the younger people, especially some in the tribal admin, were desperate for income and the jobs it would provide. It really divided the tribe. Superfund disasters in the region didn't even make it into the discussion, but that's a really good point.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Still in the application process for the Colville job. Hiring Manager does have my resume at this time. I'd love to talk to them about this position!

Old 06-25-2016, 01:30 PM

Still in the application process for the Colville job. Hiring Manager does have my resume at this time. I'd love to talk to them about this position!

I have put my application in for the job in Colville and now await a response to interview. Who knows what may become of this but I'm still interested. I think this location would suit us fine. Hopefully more on this subject later.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:33 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,473,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

I have put my application in for the job in Colville and now await a response to interview. Who knows what may become of this but I'm still interested. I think this location would suit us fine. Hopefully more on this subject later.
Hi Elkotronics,

It sounds like you are wanting to move back to the west. Are you wanting only WA state or are you looking in general?

MSR

Old 06-25-2016, 10:41 PM

Hi Elkotronics,

It sounds like you are wanting to move back to the west. Are you wanting only WA state or are you looking in general?

MSR

Hi, MSR. My job in KS is starting to wane. The business end of my medical skill had not been taken care of skillfully before I arrived so I'm paying for it as the Technician in charge of the shop. So I am forced to do something at the hospital that is in my field but not what I want to do, and, my hours are being cut 33%, too. Ugh.

So, out west is where I was born, I always think Washington state for employment, and Arizona and New Mexico, too, as my wife and I love the desert SW. She is from Chicago so I will probably apply for some Illinois jobs in the mix, too. Colville seems a quaint little town in a beautiful setting so I thought I'd at least give it a shot. I've applied for a job in my field in downtown Seattle, too, but because of the high prices in western Washington for rents and mortgages I really don't know where we'd live if I did land a job in my birthtown, ya know! We've been priced out!

Old 09-08-2016, 08:57 AM

An update should be put in on this quest of mine. My job, as stated above, was ending in Dodge City, KS. So I began putting in resumes and applications where it seemed a decent "fit" could be had. I went through the application process for the Colville job that is in my field, got a job in Lenexa, KS, then heard back from the Colville job. They wanted me to interview "online" with something like Skype but different than Skype. I of course told them I was already employed.

Their process was very slow and had problems with it, but I stayed with it as long as I could. First time for us in the Kansas City Metro area, we're finding it agreeable. It's the "City of Fountains" - they're everywhere. Of course, with big cities you get every store imaginable, and KC has those. And then some. And some mighty good barbecue.

I'm not a Royal's fan or a Chief's fan, I'm a Mariner's and Seahawk's fan (and hopefully a Sonic's fan - if SEA ever gets a team!), but I've been told that "Kansas City has the nation's best sports fans - you could wear your Seahawk's stuff to a Chief's game against SEA in KC." Humm.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM

17,234 posts, read 57,223,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
An update should be put in on this quest of mine. My job, as stated above, was ending in Dodge City, KS. So I began putting in resumes and applications where it seemed a decent "fit" could be had. I went through the application process for the Colville job that is in my field, got a job in Lenexa, KS, then heard back from the Colville job. They wanted me to interview "online" with something like Skype but different than Skype. I of course told them I was already employed.

Their process was very slow and had problems with it, but I stayed with it as long as I could. First time for us in the Kansas City Metro area, we're finding it agreeable. It's the "City of Fountains" - they're everywhere. Of course, with big cities you get every store imaginable, and KC has those. And then some. And some mighty good barbecue.

I'm not a Royal's fan or a Chief's fan, I'm a Mariner's and Seahawk's fan (and hopefully a Sonic's fan - if SEA ever gets a team!), but I've been told that "Kansas City has the nation's best sports fans - you could wear your Seahawk's stuff to a Chief's game against SEA in KC." Humm.

The BBQ is good, but the winters there are damn awful. Had a work meeting in Kansas City last winter, in January. Freeze them off a brass monkey, I tell ya.. I would have dropped KS for Colville in a minute.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:50 PM

I would have if I could have progressed through their nasty slow application process. Problems left and right and long wait times. Oh well, KC, KC here I come! Actually, we're already moved in. We've been here a month now. Still hot and muggy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington