Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:37 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Pssssst...Tri-Dad watches Martha Stewart. Pass it on...
I wonder if he eats bon-bon's while he watches Martha Stewart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 08:17 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,380,063 times
In an age of health conciousness and 30 minute infomercials on weight loss the only thing that seems to thrive in Bristol is the "all you can eat" restaraunts like Ryans and Golden Coral and of course the typical fast food ones. exit 7 has had several closeings and some are just hanging on, the Applebees on Volunteer serves food but is being used as a neighborhood bar more than a restaraunt. I like Lonestar in Johnson City, consistant good food and service.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:32 PM

111 posts, read 375,245 times
There is a little resturant in Mooresburg I ran across a few weeks ago off 11W towards Rogersville, Country Corner or something like that. Old ugly building but some of the best food I've even eaten. Most local people can tell you which one of the two it is.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:59 PM

98 posts, read 388,881 times
Dixie BBQ in Johnson City Tn

Old 06-16-2007, 08:44 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,228,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilly7 View Post
There is a little resturant in Mooresburg I ran across a few weeks ago off 11W towards Rogersville, Country Corner or something like that. Old ugly building but some of the best food I've even eaten. Most local people can tell you which one of the two it is.
There used to be a restaurant called The Gerst House in Nashville (it maybe still be here somewhere). It was located near downtown and had to move when they built the stadium.

Anyway, it was one of the favorite places for downtown office workers to go for lunch. It was an old Nashville tradition. There was once a Gerst Brewery here. The food and beer were fine, but . . . you didn't dare go into the restroom. I don't know what the women's room was like, but the men's room was worse than a gas station off of US66 that didn't have running water.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:59 AM

81 posts, read 357,247 times
Default in search of bbq

when I was growing up my family would drive from NoVA to Chattanooga/Rossville each summer. We would always stop at a small BBQ place somewhere around Sweetwater/Lenoir. After some road construction, we were directed another way when traveling, and could never find the place again. I have no idea what the name was, only that they had hands-down the best BBq I have ever tasted. Anyone out there know of this place? I am traveling that same route again this summer and would love to share part of my childhood with my children. Thanks

Old 06-17-2007, 11:51 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,639,061 times
Gerst Haus is still there.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:36 AM

31 posts, read 135,505 times
Default Parton's Deli

If you are in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee, here are a few that you can be sure to try:

Parton's Deli in Gatlinburg, TN. (http://www.pigeon-forge-gatlinburg-family-git2know.com/Parton-s-Deli.html - broken link)

Brick Oven (http://www.pigeon-forge-gatlinburg-family-git2know.com/Brick-Oven.html - broken link)

Log Cabin Pancake House (http://www.pigeon-forge-gatlinburg-family-git2know.com/LogCabinPancakeHouse.html - broken link)

China 1 Restaurant (http://www.pigeon-forge-gatlinburg-family-git2know.com/China-1.html - broken link)

They are all clean and reasonably priced.
Barry

Old 06-18-2007, 05:40 AM

31 posts, read 135,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
As a spin off of the Tennessee foods thread I thought it might be fun to list our favorite restaurants. Even those of us that live here (like me) would love a good recommendation for when I take a trip out of my own neck of the woods.

I'll start......

Upper East Tennessee - Pal's Drive Thru - hot doggie, frenchie fries, shakes, chipped ham sandwiches, mmmmmmm!

Knoxville - Barbecue - Famous Dave's at Cedar Bluff exit
SmokyMtnGal,

Talkin bout BBQ, have you ever made it to the Bloomin BBQ in Sevierville?
Bloomin BBQ and Bluegrass (http://www.pigeon-forge-gatlinburg-family-git2know.com/Bloomin.html - broken link)

It is a must for BBq lovers!!!
Barry

Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
What about the old mill in pigeon forge? I remember them as having very good grits and gravy as well as really good fried chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee