Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:51 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,394,269 times

Advertisements

Jack's Barbecue on Trinity Lane (just west of I-24/65) in Nashville is outstanding. Does anyone know the name of a Cookeville barbeque restaurant located near either Exit 287 or 288? Someone recommended it to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 11:16 AM

5 posts, read 20,378 times
Also in Nashville,

Mellow Mushroom
Noshville Delicatessen
Hot Diggity Dogs
Blackstone Restaurant & Brwry
Baja Burrito

Old 09-04-2007, 12:24 PM

421 posts, read 1,695,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Jack's Barbecue on Trinity Lane (just west of I-24/65) in Nashville is outstanding. Does anyone know the name of a Cookeville barbeque restaurant located near either Exit 287 or 288? Someone recommended it to me.
I can't think of any near the interstate...

My 2 favorite places for bbq in Cookeville are Bobby Q's which is near Tennessee Tech and Moogies Barbeque House downtown.Both are excellent!

firepower

Old 09-04-2007, 09:02 PM

13,378 posts, read 40,119,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Firepower mentioned two excellent (and I mean excellent) BBQ places in Cookeville. Bobby Q's has been written up in Family Circle before for its banana pudding.

Anyway, I think the closest BBQ place to I-40 is a place called Stroud's. It's actually off Hwy 111 which is another freeway that goes by Cookeville. To get there, take Exit 288 on I-40 (that's where Hwy 111 intersects I-40). Go north. Take the first exit, US Hwy 70N. Turn left so that you go back under Hwy 111. Food Lion will be ahead on the left, and Stroud's BBQ is next to Food Lion. It's a small, mom-and-pop BBQ shop and is GOOOOOD.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:26 PM

8 posts, read 27,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Genesis Italian Grille in Crossville..........
How's this place I'll be up in October.............

@Crossville.com | Home
I have not eaten at Genesis Italian Grille myself, but my uncle has recommended it highly to me. He is not easily impressed, and he loves it. I can't wait to try it.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:44 PM

24,782 posts, read 28,621,350 times
Thumbs up Genesis Italian Grille

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderlady_85 View Post
I have not eaten at Genesis Italian Grille myself, but my uncle has recommended it highly to me. He is not easily impressed, and he loves it. I can't wait to try it.
One more excuse too move too Crossville...... Thanks !

Old 09-21-2007, 11:28 PM

5 posts, read 11,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baarts View Post
Try Romans on Kingston Pike. It is near the dollar movie theatre..
It is NY style pizza. (I am also an Ex NY'er) They even use the same type of ovens..Awesome place to get great food!

Later,

BArt
Thanks, baarts!

Yes, I have tried Roman's. My daughter works near there, and I met her there for lunch and did enjoy their pizza. It could hold me until I get back to Queens for a visit and slice of "the real thing".

Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 PM

193 posts, read 535,963 times
Lupi's Pizza in Chattanooga. Their tomato dipping sauce for bread is more of a salsa type than a pizza sauce. Other than that, Whitt's Barbecue has many locations throughout middle Tennessee.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 PM

24 posts, read 79,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mudd View Post
I'm glad somebody finally spoke up for west Tennessee! But I did want to update Shenandoah's list as follows:

Corky's BBQ, Cordova. Great food and outstanding service.

Jim's Place East. Greek restaurant. Beautiful décor. First class. Somewhat pricey. ...

Regarding having food shipped, you're in luck! Corky's will overnight via FedEx (a Memphis company, of course).
Corky's BBQ - Ship our World Famous BBQ via FedEx (http://www.corkysbbq.com/store.htm - broken link)
I can't believe this thread went to 10 pages before someone mentioned Corky's BBQ! Their original restaurant, in East Memphis, is a landmark. Even Bill Clinton visited, and I think Obama did, too, as did Gov. Mike Huckabee during his campaign. Corky's consistently wins the Memphis in May bar-be-cue cook-off. Mouth-watering.

Also I can't believe no one has mentioned Houston's restaurant. they still have people lined up out the door after all these years!

Jim's Place East is classy, quiet, impeccable service, excellent -- we got engaged there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee