Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:43 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,262,683 times

Advertisements

For those folks from Louisiana . . .

Steamboat Bill's in Hendersonville and Chappy's in Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,425,784 times
It looks like there are four decent restaurants to try out! Thank you!!!!

I haven't been to Regas, yet, either. I hear you need to dress up and i never seem to be in the mood.

I've heard Italian Market is good, too?

I swear, if I opened a New England seafood restaurant I would make a mint. I find Tennesseans love to try new food, and will keep coming back if it is good. The problem is that they have very little to choose from, at least around the Knoxville area.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:37 PM

16,179 posts, read 32,587,037 times
hiknapster -

A lot of people do dress up for Regas, but I don't. I just go with a dressy casual and leave it at that. My kids wear their cargo pants there. It used to be a lot dressier, but times have changed. As long as your money is green I think you're in. Ha!

Italian Market is good, but I don't think it is as good as it used to be. Sullivan's in downtown "Murville" is good, but there is just something about the atmosphere that hubby and I find a bit off. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Where is Mimi's in Farragut? Years and years ago I used to love going to The Apple Cake Tea Room in Farragut.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:55 PM

40 posts, read 121,284 times
We have a Puelo's Grill that just opened this week on restaurant row. My husband and his boss went and said it was really good. They said that Puelo himself was here and cooking all the meals. A really great place to eat here in Cookeville is Nick's, it's up on the hill on Jefferson Ave., it's locally owned and has a great steak.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:54 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,425,784 times
From what I understand, Mimi's is in Turkey Creek. Oddly enough, it is a chain and owned by Bob Evans Restaurants. I heard the food is really good, though. I think Jmarkey likes it. My dad went to the one in Melbourne, Florida, or near there, and liked it a lot, and he is picky.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:34 PM

275 posts, read 1,126,993 times
Hey, Chappy's used to be here in Long Beach.
sounds like he's doing good in TN.
Food was good, but service SLOW!
Stuffed trout w/ lump crabmeat was good!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:27 PM

24 posts, read 109,412 times
Default Duff's

Hey,
My husband and I went to Duff's in September when we got married in Pigeon Forge. Yuk!!!!! It was the worst food we ever had and I agree it must of been there for who knows how long. We walked in decided to try the food and were out 2 minutes later. We should of known by the looks of the place. We are moving to Crossville next month. Any good places there to eat?
Thanks,
Donna

Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM

60 posts, read 309,170 times
The shrimp and grits at the Cookeville Puleo's is awesome. And Bobby Q's banana pudding. . .manna from heaven!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:37 PM

390 posts, read 1,704,654 times
If you're talking about Mimi's Cafe, they are all over in CA, but here in Fl only on the west coast. You HAVE to try the buttermilk spice muffins...YUM! I have actually made my mom go there and get them to bring to me when she comes here to visit. I also made Jon stop there when he went to the west coast of FL for business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
From what I understand, Mimi's is in Turkey Creek. Oddly enough, it is a chain and owned by Bob Evans Restaurants. I heard the food is really good, though. I think Jmarkey likes it. My dad went to the one in Melbourne, Florida, or near there, and liked it a lot, and he is picky.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:52 PM

13,378 posts, read 40,119,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC38506 View Post
The shrimp and grits at the Cookeville Puleo's is awesome. And Bobby Q's banana pudding. . .manna from heaven!
Oh. My. Gosh. My ideal way of dying would be to drown in a vat of Bobby Q's banana pudding! What a way to go! I never knew how much I liked banana pudding until I went to Bobb Q's in Cookeville.

As for other favorite restaurants in the state:

-Crawdaddy's in Cookeville (EXCELLENT Cajun food and awesome atmosphere).
-Northshore Brasserie in Knoxville (outstanding, country French / Belgian food).
-Pancake Pantry in Nashville (the one in Gatlinburg is just too darned hard to get to).
-The Rendezvous in Memphis (best ribs in West-by-God Tennessee).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee