Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 07:26 PM

242 posts, read 1,184,568 times

Advertisements

Hi! I just moved to the Syracuse area two weeks ago and so far it's been tough meeting new people. What are some venues in the Syracuse area for meeting friends/new people? I'm 24, female, enjoy being outside/active, not so great at team sports but I'll dabble, enjoy going out but not super crazy into the party/club scene. Unfortunately I'm not a student and my co-workers are all significantly older than I am which eliminates those options. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 AM

288 posts, read 510,297 times
Unfortunately, the same goes for pretty much everywhere; the best and easiest places to meet someone is at bars. So, I'd suggest going to armory square, tipp hill, eventually the mall, turning stone's lava. Parks you could go to: Onondaga lake, green lakes, sylvan beach, Clark's reservation, skaneatles. Festiviles and fairs you could go to which pretty much go on everyday. Sports games: Syracuse university basketball, football, and lacrosse, or skychiefs and crunch games. If you don't mind me asking, where did you move from?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
There's some good Meetup groups around the area - Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup

This is a good one for the younger crowd -
20s and 30s Group of Syracuse (Syracuse, NY) - Meetup

Old 06-17-2012, 08:43 AM

93,290 posts, read 123,898,066 times
There's this too: 40 Below Syracuse | Connect. Engage. Empower.

Kickball - Sport Home: Syracuse Sports Association - Liverpool, NY

Syracuse Arts Directory

Manlius Art Cinema

Syracuse New Times

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 06-17-2012 at 08:54 AM..

Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Duh, can't believe I forgot to mention this! My friends and I play kickball and it's a blast! You can join teams as a "free agent" if you don't have a specific team to join. SSA actually has several different sports now - they just introduced flag football and mini golf last week - Syracuse Sports Association: Dodgeball, Flag Football, Kickball, Mini Golf, Whiffl... - Liverpool, NY

Old 06-17-2012, 02:51 PM

242 posts, read 1,184,568 times
Thanks for the ideas! I'm going to look into joining some of the sports leagues. I moved from Brooklyn. More than likely not a permanent move for me- I moved to spend some time closer to family for awhile but I'm already aching to go back! lol.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knh39 View Post
Thanks for the ideas! I'm going to look into joining some of the sports leagues. I moved from Brooklyn. More than likely not a permanent move for me- I moved to spend some time closer to family for awhile but I'm already aching to go back! lol.
Summer season for kickball starts up July 2nd. If by chance you don't get picked up by a team, send me a PM... we always try to have as many people as possible in my group and so many of us are transplants as well! Actually, our "captain" is also from Brooklyn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area