Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 12:23 PM

246 posts, read 431,572 times

Advertisements

Also,
The Tennis Center off Cashua is getting new little league baseball fields, a track field, and a NCAA sized baseball field that will be the new home for the Florence Red Wolves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 04:44 PM

738 posts, read 416,185 times
I probably could just look it up, but is that tennis center a private facility or city run?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:29 AM

A 2nd Cookout Restaurant is opening.

There are currently construction bids for a 2nd location that is TBD.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:53 PM

Update on Buc-Ees

FLORENCE, S.C. − The Florence County Council continues to work on the construction of a Buc-ees near exit 170 on Interstate 95.
The council recently approved the awarding of a $2.78 million bid to Palmetto Corporation of Conway − the company also has a site in Florence − for the first phase of improvements at the interchange of Interstate 95 and S.C. 327.

Awarding of the bid is contingent upon the approval of the Economic Development Authority of the U.S. Department of Commerce.

That agency provided a $2.392 million grant to spur the project. The county also agreed to provide $553,343 in matching funds to secure the grant. It is also providing grants of $500,000 to improve the roadway and public right-of-way at the intersection and a rural development grant of up to $218,200 to offset public infrastructure costs.

The Buc-ee’s location represents an investment of approximately $35 million and the creation of 170 new full-time jobs in Florence County.

The county council voted to approve a fee in lieu of tax agreement with the company last August.
The fee-in-lieu agreement calls for an assessment ratio of 6% and millage rate of 349.6 mills.
It is also expected that the Buc-EE’s location will spur development of the interchange, as it is on a marked path to Myrtle Beach.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:11 PM

308 posts, read 468,238 times
It would be nice to see 327, with development all the way to Hwy 76/301. I envision gas stations restaurants, hotels atleast one grocery stores houses and apartments. A new community is already in the works down towards the Flea Market.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
It would be nice to see 327, with development all the way to Hwy 76/301. I envision gas stations restaurants, hotels atleast one grocery stores houses and apartments. A new community is already in the works down towards the Flea Market.
I agree,
Especially with so many people/jobs in that area in the Pee Dee Commerce Park plus the Country Club of SC. Hoping with Buc-Ees coming it will make that area grow substantially.

I always thought a Wal-Mart would go great at that exit, but I highly doubt they would give Florence a 3rd store. - Maybe at least a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Grocery.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:15 PM

Walmart neighborhood market would be great, that area has so much potential.

Old 09-26-2020, 05:41 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Yeah. I have always wondered why it lagged behind the other corridors around FLO. I remember when they widened it to four lanes. I thought it would have exploded by now given that is the way most of the beach traffic travels . I am sure it's a matter of time. The more development around FMU the better .

..I remember being stuck out there with no car for summer school ...I felt like I was being held incommunicado in a third world country...Trying to get someone from in town to come pick you up to go somewhere was like organizing a rescue mission . When they pulled up outside the dorms you had to run out because other prisoners would see a car and say @ hey wait for me...I need to go in town too....waaaaait pleeese we have no food and the cafeteria is closed !!! @

Old 09-26-2020, 06:18 PM

Oh wow that sounds like my time at USC-Spartanburg/Upstate. You would think that there would be a lot more in that area. I’ve always wanted to invest in building some off campus housing and some local shops around the campus, like a pizza joint, coffee shop, and other college type venues.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:05 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Oh wow that sounds like my time at USC-Spartanburg/Upstate. You would think that there would be a lot more in that area. I’ve always wanted to invest in building some off campus housing and some local shops around the campus, like a pizza joint, coffee shop, and other college type venues.

Yeah I am surprised there hasnt been more developed out by FMU. I think maybe a mcdonald's opened up. The little strip mall didn't do to well ... I would like to see a student housing development maybe downtown with a shuttle out to the school like you see around larger schools and in Columbia. FMU is expanding quite a bit downtown ...if I were in school I would live downtown but if course I would have a car lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina