Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 11:20 AM

246 posts, read 431,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Did I hear that the brewery that is downtown is moving?

If I am not mistaken, yes, to be moved to the location on Palmetto Street by the Outdoor Store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 12:10 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
If I am not mistaken, yes, to be moved to the location on Palmetto Street by the Outdoor Store.
Yeah.. I found an article on it.. They wanted to have more outdoor activities for families....So good for them.. I am sure their old location will find new tenant.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:17 PM

308 posts, read 468,238 times
Does anyone know anything about the project on the old site of the Florentine bldg? I wish there was a website that had this type of info

Old 06-05-2020, 12:35 PM

JCPENNY at the Magnolia Mall is listed to close at the Magnolia Mall due to the company filing for bankruptcy.

The store opened at the mall in 1987.

The article can be found on SCNOW, and there is no mention of a closing date.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:15 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
JCPENNY at the Magnolia Mall is listed to close at the Magnolia Mall due to the company filing for bankruptcy.

The store opened at the mall in 1987.

The article can be found on SCNOW, and there is no mention of a closing date.
I have been in magnolia mall in awhile ...it seems to be doing pretty well so hopefully they will find another anchor or subdivide the space to create another wing....I think that is partly what they did when Roses closed years ago

Old 06-08-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I have been in magnolia mall in awhile ...it seems to be doing pretty well so hopefully they will find another anchor or subdivide the space to create another wing....I think that is partly what they did when Roses closed years ago
Correct,
When Roses closed years ago, that made way for the Food Court and Best Buy. I think it'd be great to do as you suggested and somehow turn that into a new wing since expansion will not be easily done to the front of the mall facing David McLeod Blvd. I think the best option is to, instead of a big anchor, include some new to the market small stores and maybe a Junior Anchor similar to how they did Home Goods.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:47 PM

I've thinking it is a Popeye's opening in the area off Evans by Wendy's & Burger King.

On loopnet, there is a photo of a Popeyes Franchise at that location, and land has cleared recently.

This is a good move in my opinion as our only Popeye's Chicken in Florence is located in the Travel Center on 52 with no Drive Thru.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:54 AM

New retail development on S. Irby Street (Old Motel 6 it looks like)
Property Information - https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/829-...e-SC/20493511/

Old 09-12-2020, 11:26 PM

192 posts, read 207,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Buc-Ees is awesome, y'all will love it. I know, I know, we're talking about a convenience store chain...but it really does live up to the hype.
Any update on Buc-ee's in Florence? From what I have heard in the late, it has been cancelled.

Buc-ee's is also coming soon to Anderson, SC. However, Buc-ee's themselves bought the land that they are locating on in Anderson. That is in contrast with the Florence site which I am pretty sure is owned by some other party who were/are working with Buc-ee's to develop a location there.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
Any update on Buc-ee's in Florence? From what I have heard in the late, it has been cancelled.

Buc-ee's is also coming soon to Anderson, SC. However, Buc-ee's themselves bought the land that they are locating on in Anderson. That is in contrast with the Florence site which I am pretty sure is owned by some other party who were/are working with Buc-ee's to develop a location there.
According to their careers website, they still list Florence SC as a location with jobs available.

I was told it was delayed, not cancelled, but not sure myself..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina