Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 01:54 PM

9,285 posts, read 14,892,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
So there's only two posters in this forum that actually give accurate information everybody else is incorrect? I think we all know that's April fool's.
That is the premise- according to them. I imagine Plum has interviewed everyone at University Heights and were told that none of them walk one block to shop there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2024, 02:08 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So what is up with the Clarion Inn being demolished? Was the property sold or what?
Hmm. So it's going to be on 114A, not Rt 6.

https://www.bizjournals.com/rhodeisl...o-seekonk.html

"The full-sized market would be built close to the Massachusetts I-195 exit at Rt. 114A, and require the demolition of the Clarion Inn on Fall River Ave. and the adjacent Dublin Rose Sports Pub."

https://maps.app.goo.gl/LhV5xfpupKF37PxA9

Old 04-01-2024, 06:58 PM

4,382 posts, read 3,187,421 times
Quote:
With due respect sir, this is City-Data not City-Opinion.com.
Lol. So you have the factual data that "Half of Barrington shops at the Whole Foods stores in Providence." Exact figure please, and how this city data was obtained?

Because I've never had to show my ID when entering a grocery store. Did I miss some new study or regulation?

Old 04-01-2024, 07:13 PM

Reasonable people understand what that means.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:23 PM

4,382 posts, read 3,187,421 times
Oh, I agree massnatve spoke quite clearly. He said it's data not his opinion. I'm interested in seeing the data.

I doubt 50% of any town shops at a Whole Foods, even a town as well off as Barrington

Old 04-01-2024, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Oh, I agree massnatve spoke quite clearly. He said it's data not his opinion. I'm interested in seeing the data.

I doubt 50% of any town shops at a Whole Foods, even a town as well off as Barrington
You're taking his comment out of context and applying it to something I said.

Old 04-02-2024, 04:27 AM

5,130 posts, read 6,127,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You're taking his comment out of context and applying it to something I said.
Where is the data to substantiate his claims?

Old 04-02-2024, 09:23 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I would think the great majority of the customer base for the two east side Whole Foods locations come from close by. I doubt a large number were crossing the Washington Bridge to go to the Providence stores.
I doubt WF is in the business of competing with itself. The North Main location is my store now, and it's been busy each time I've been - morning/evening, weekday/weekend. I doubt a new Seekonk location is going to hurt it too much. Most likely, WF sees it as an opportunity to attract new customers in the East Bay/Seekonk/Rehoboth/Swansea as well as turn some occasional shoppers into frequent shoppers. The Clarion location is great for nabbing the occasional passerby from 195 as well. Literally right off the highway.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:27 AM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I doubt a new Seekonk location is going to hurt it too much.

The bridge hurt it. That's why they are planning this store in the first place.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:02 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
The bridge hurt it. That's why they are planning this store in the first place.
Do you have a source where WF says the bridge closure has hurt either of the East Side locations?

Either way, it's really silly to suggest that the bridge closure is the primary reason they're planning the store in the first place. WPRI reports that this has been in the works for over a year (long before the bridge closure). It makes sense for the local developer and advocates to cite the bridge in community meetings during the planning and permitting phase since they're essentially making the case for why their project is an asset for their community in order to get the OK to proceed. But in reality, this had to have been in the works long before the bridge was an issue. It's not exactly a good long term strategy for WF to open a store only because of a temporary bridge closure. Realistically, the bridge could reopen before this development does. WF clearly feels that Seekonk is viable in addition to the Providence locations, not as an emergency replacement for one or both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island