Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 07:39 PM

12,065 posts, read 10,310,415 times

Advertisements

Want to start taking better care of myself. Keep up with doctors appointments.

We lost two siblings and two more were hospitalized. Has not been a good year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 12:02 AM

1,042 posts, read 877,973 times
As par of my fitness resolutions, I'm going to start belly dancing again.

Old 12-01-2022, 09:54 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,081,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
As par of my fitness resolutions, I'm going to start belly dancing again.
FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT!

The pandemic was murder on my dancing and I am thinking of attending a Hafla/workshop once again.......but do I have it in me to be able to make the trip, survive it?

Well, I have 7 weeks to get ready.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:13 PM

12,087 posts, read 8,483,847 times
I do know people who have made big ones and kept them. I kinda envy that sort of operating style but it's not the way I work best. I finally learned not to set myself up with this kind of projection into the future. For me it just ends up producing a sense of failure. And woe be to me if I've shared them with anyone beforehand.

That doesn't mean I don't make constructive changes but my style is more of a natural flow than an abrupt halt. That and the fact that I can't stand punishing myself. So when something hurts me enough I finally stop it.

Ah! The truth comes out. LOL.

Another belly dancer here. Only no one but my classmates has ever seen me do it!

Old 12-22-2022, 08:47 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,081,867 times
Another resolution, shy away from playing Net 20/20 hindsight, even if it is before the fact.

That is, the tendency to post things in the category of "See! I told you so!" if they continue to add to the off topic jumble of snide remarks........at least.

Now, in part I do this partially by turning off the computer in the morning before work after I have done my morning checks, but that is more to get ready for the job without having the Net as a distraction.

I suppose that might be the way to do it, to trim down one's Net addiction, bit by bit.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 12-22-2022 at 09:01 PM..

Old 12-24-2022, 03:22 PM

10,625 posts, read 12,177,945 times
Spiritual:
-- Become more:
-- patient, empathetic or understanding when a situation warrants it
-- trusting in the abundance of the universe
And.....
-- meditate more
-- devote more time to my own inner self-improvement
-- rededicate myself to a living stress-free, peaceful life
-- laugh more an have more great experiences
-- make the best decisions I can

Worldly:
-- Save and invest more
-- Lose weight, or at least not gain any.
-- Cook more, make better dietary and nutrition choices
-- Clean, declutter and organize more
-- Be more committed to taking better care of my health

Old 12-24-2022, 04:55 PM

22,072 posts, read 13,106,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I stopped doing that quite awhile back, I guess because it started seeming childish...I tend to have a mixture of course corrections or improvements on a daily basis...without the outward trappings and attention-seeking. A more mature approach.
This reminds me... One of mine is to be more tolerant of those who hold differing views.

Old 12-25-2022, 04:25 PM

1,555 posts, read 788,141 times
New Year’s resolution is a marketing gimmick creating by the marketing department. Have goals within your own terms not someone else’s. Time doesn’t wait for anyone and neither should you.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:03 PM

197 posts, read 209,391 times
I take N Y Resolutions very seriously. I don’t always make them but when I do, I keep them. I think about them carefully ahead of time to be sure because I know I will be locked into them.

This year the resolution is to stop drinking alcohol.

I’m a “social drinker,” but I have a glass of wine probably every day on average. We belong to a wine club, etc.

I recently read a doctor saying that there is really NO good attributable to alcohol, and I believe that.

Plus, I’m just tired of alcohol and the whole culture associated with it. I don’t want to be part of America’s problem with alcohol. I’m done.

Parenthetically, I’ve noticed that lots of people in my age (early 70s) are moving in this direction. Maybe it’s just a natural progression with getting older.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:37 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,332,617 times
My resolutions are:

1. Not to get involved with other people's arguments and not to argue with others.
2. Try to mind my own busines as much as I can.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement