Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 06:53 AM

11,205 posts, read 9,830,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I haven't decided on the length of hair that I want for me, but I'm so happy with my gray hair and not having to deal with coloring it. A male neighbor said to me last week that if I colored my hair, I'd look much younger. I told him I could not care less, I'm not looking for a man, and that people treat me more kindly now that my hair is white.
I would tell that man that if he minded his business and let me mind mine then he'd look much more like somebody I cared to talk to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 06:53 AM

989 posts, read 458,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Attachment 210174

As you can see, something about long hair makes me look like I'm in my 50s, not my 60s. Don't know why that is, but it's true.

ps. Hair isn't styled because I'm at a radiation appointment. I think that may be part of the reason it makes me look younger, too. Styled hair is prettier but does make me look a little more like my age.
Yes your hair looks pretty! Smooth, shiny, neat. That's not the kind of long hair I was going on about in my post above.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:24 AM

88,823 posts, read 85,222,765 times
Quote:
Attachment 210174

As you can see, something about long hair makes me look like I'm in my 50s, not my 60s. Don't know why that is, but it's true.

ps. Hair isn't styled because I'm at a radiation appointment. I think that may be part of the reason it makes me look younger, too. Styled hair is prettier but does make me look a little more like my age.
Hair's fine, but I want that top! Same color and everything.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:27 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,811,499 times
Quote:
Attachment 210174

Very nice, you look very good. That’s the length of my hair but I want to chop it off. Can’t stand it anymore.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:31 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,811,499 times
I do color my hair, but the part that is not colored somehow turned lighter as if I had highlight on purpose. What’s with that?

Old 04-20-2019, 07:50 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,083,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
If long or short hair makes a woman happy then I don’t really care, it’s a non issue.
Agree!

Old 04-20-2019, 07:53 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,868,564 times
My hair is gray/silver, has been since I was 45 or so. Never colored it, although I have friends who work in industries where being perceived as older is a negative thing and they do. A couple of them let it go grey the second they retired, lol.

Over the years I have gone from middle-of-the-back length to short and much prefer short (currently the longest part of my hair is about 3"). Although my hair is thick, it starts to look scraggly when longer and I absolutely can not be bothered to use "product" - hate the smell, don't like the texture. It took quite awhile to find a salon that could do a good "wash and mess" haircut.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 04-20-2019, 08:09 AM

7,499 posts, read 6,295,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I looked around to see if there was already a thread about this.
I saw an older lady in the grocery store yesterday with long grey hair down to her crack. I didn’t find it attractive at all. My first thought was, I would hate to have her near our kitchen. Imagine finding one of those strands in your salad. But whatever floats your boat.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:45 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,129,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
You posted the wrong picture! You put up one of your daughter who is 30-something.

LOL ok you just got my vote for moderator of the year!

It's funny how the boomers are re-inventing what becoming an old coot looks like. Must be all that pickleball.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:53 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,129,971 times
Quote:
Attachment 210174

As you can see, something about long hair makes me look like I'm in my 50s, not my 60s. Don't know why that is, but it's true

On a side note, this photo also shows one way to go grey if you have very dark hair and the grey is growing in like a "skunk stripe."

I like the idea of going natural, but the contrast between the grey and my dark hair made it look terrible as it was growing out. I thought about going the Sinead O'Connor route and just shaving all the dark hair off, but didn't want to do that either. After I moved here I found out the secret is to first go blonde. Then the greys grow in very naturally. If you look at the photo you'll see I currently have about 4-5 inches of the grey, but it blends in and looks fine. When the grey gets about 5 inches longer I can chop off the blonde and then I'll be completely natural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement