Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 01:37 PM

37,477 posts, read 61,444,537 times

Advertisements

I prefer longer hair on the ladies.

My wife has hair that reaches to about the middle of her back, maybe 6 inches above her waistline.

She has always had orange-red hair, it is slowly going white now.

In 37 years she has had it 'permed' twice, the last time was in 2001 [the year I retired]. So 18 years ago. We had a tenant who was in beauty school and they needed a test subject. Two students worked on her hair all day long.

Normally I trim the split ends once a year for her.

Otherwise it is not terribly high maintenance for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 01:50 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,775,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I look horrible with short hair and will never cut my hair short again. It's totally grey and natural now, but I used to highlight it when I was younger. Now, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is. I don't use any special shampoo for white/grey hair. I don't think my grey hair looks frizzy, but maybe others will. I'm 65.

Yes, the picture is sideways, but if you click on it twice, it will rotate.

Attachment 210179
You still have nice beautiful hair. Grey is the new color now.
I actually joked with one of the kids in my art class that I paid money to not look grey like her. I guess grey is the new fashionable color now among the 20 something.

Last edited by NewbieHere; 04-20-2019 at 02:46 PM..

Old 04-20-2019, 01:53 PM

5,949 posts, read 5,118,232 times
Quote:
I look horrible with short hair and will never cut my hair short again. It's totally grey and natural now, but I used to highlight it when I was younger. Now, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is. I don't use any special shampoo for white/grey hair. I don't think my grey hair looks frizzy, but maybe others will. I'm 65.

Attachment 210179

I like this a lot. Hope I get at least close to it.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
I disagree. It depends on the cut and style. My husband is my biggest fan and he always loved my hair when I wore it long, now he likes the short cut. I have green eyes and my husband said it really makes my eyes stand out.

I tried to find a cut like mine, I wear mine short like Jamie Lee Curtis Except mine has never been as short as hers. I think mine is a lot like like the 1st picture, even the color is about the same.

https://whereitstands.com/how-short-...hairstyles-57/

And FYI, at some point we are old women. Nothing you can do will change that, I accepted it long ago.
Exactly, everything stands out. I just have to wear make up more often. But I normally have chin to shoulder hair length and one day my hair cutter did a short and sexy hair style and I got so many wonderful comments. But the problem is the guy couldn’t repeat the same cut. So I left him. My husband prefers short hair, his first love has short blond hair, with a sexy British accent to boot.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:06 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,119,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Too bad that more women can't get creative and go somewhere in between gray/platinum blonde or dark brunette/black - there is truly a range of softer and warmer colors that could look a lot more natural.

I don't think it's about creativity, it's about having lives that are now so full, who has time to bother with it? Grey is great! A wider part = a wider heart! Going au natural isn't just for skinny dipping!

Old 04-20-2019, 02:09 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,285,807 times
Quote:

Attachment 210179
That’s about what my hair looks like

I do have to use a flat iron otherwise it would be all poofy

Old 04-20-2019, 02:12 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,119,905 times
Quote:

Attachment 210179

Stunning! That's the sort of grey I hope I get once the blonde grows out. Long hair definitely looks good on you.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:23 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,587,704 times
Quote:

It's totally grey and natural now, but I used to highlight it when I was younger. Now, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is. I don't use any special shampoo for white/grey hair. I'm 65.

Attachment 210179
Your hair looks gorgeous and beautiful! - both in long length style and color!

You look very lovely!

Love it. Love the long length very much.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:45 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,275,966 times
Here’s my thinking. I find as we get older, we might not have the ability to get to the salon for a proper cut and style, whatever it is. So we get masculine looking longer buzz cuts, because they are quick and easy. Or we let our hair get straggly long.l because we no longer have the energy to go. I’ve seen both and there is an unkemptness to each.

I do not have it in me to hit my normal salon right now. I might go somewhere closer and faster. I might just not get my hair cut and cut my bangs myself. Pretty easy to do.

But when women harp about another woman’s hair? That’s their own insecurity peeking through.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
I don't think it's about creativity, it's about having lives that are now so full, who has time to bother with it? Grey is great! A wider part = a wider heart! Going au natural isn't just for skinny dipping!
Don’t remind us about the skinning dipping part. That was my favorite moment on vacation. It was in a jungle surrounding by lots of monkeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement