Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
According to Gods' Word, which is where I find my answers concerning spiritual/eternal things...Him being my authoratative Source...

God's love IS, in fact, conditional. His blessings upon your life are contingent upon your obedience to His commandments.

If you do not read the Bible...then you do not know what is His truth, and rely only upon your own ideals...feelings and/or emotions....whatever makes you "feel" good. But that does not make what you believe or feel, true.

God's holy Word states very clearly that >>>IF<<<you love Him, >>>THEN<<< you will keep His commandments...ALL TEN OF THEM, and not excluding the 4th one...keeping the seventh day (Saturday) holy unto God...abiding in His rest. It all begins here.

God states:

"For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee...THOU HATEST ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY." (Psalms 5:4-5).

"But the wicked and him that loveth violence HIS SOUL HATETH. (Psalms 11:5).

"The face of the LORD is against them that do evil..." (Psalms 34:16).

The face of the Lord isn't against the evil that one does, it is against the one that does the evil. So, when you hear that saying, "God does not love the sin but He loves the sinner," it is a lie...God hates both the wicked and their sins.

>>>IF<<< you read the Bible and BELIEVE God's word...>>>THEN<<<you will KNOW His heart and His desires for your life, and your understanding of His truth is CONTINGENT upon you READING and KNOWING His truth...otherwise, you don't...know Him or love Him. God says: "Anyone who says they KNOW Me and keepeth not My commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them."

"IF ye keep my commandments, YE SHALL ABIDE IN MY LOVE;" (John 15:10).

"IF a man love me, he will keep my words: AND MY FATHER WILL LOVE HIM." (John 14:23).

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: And he that loveth me SHALL BE LOVED OF MY FATHER..." (John 14:21).

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life...and first of all one must receive Him as their LORD and Savior...then you are "saved" IF you received Him with a pure heart...THEN...after a long process of trials and tests (purification), a time comes when you are born-again, (changed into the character of Christ)...you work out your salvation with fear and trembling...and look forward to BECOMING an adopted son of God...it is a process...and it isn't easy...the way is narrow, and few there be that find it. So, this is the only way you have the power...is through the Holy Spirit, by faith in Jesus Christ, to keep the commandments of God...and if you do not keep the commandments of God, and you are sinning, you can be certain that God does not love you, nor your sin...and no matter what you may have been told...if it is anything other than this, it is not the truth.

In Christ's Love, His truth,
Verna.
Seriously after your tested you will be born again? No that isn't how it works at all. When you ask Christ into your heart you are born again. Also all those conditions you listed are if we do something. God loves us regardless of what we do. Romans 8:38-39. Meaning if we accept God's love. The condition is based on if WE accept his love or not. he gives freely other wise why would he take the burden of our punishment on himself. Scripture only supports Christ being one of three person's of God. Not any other person. It speaks clearly on this. Hebrews 1:5. Philippians 2:6-11 explains Christ's limitations which I would hardly say he was limited by our standards. The very fact he define's right and wrong shows us he loves us. Why else warn us that which would hurt us? He doesnt make us love him. We choose to reject him and the price for that is Hell. We choose it. We cannot stand against perfection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,085 times
Seriously after your tested you will be born again? No that isn't how it works at all. Ephiesians 2:8. When you ask Christ into your heart you are born again(this a faith also read trust.) . Romans 8:38-39. Meaning if we accept God's love. The condition is based on if WE accept his love or not. he gives freely other wise why would he take the burden of our punishment on himself? Scripture only supports Christ being one of three person's of God. Not any other person. It speaks clearly on this. Hebrews 1:5. Philippians 2:6-11 explains Christ's limitations which I would hardly say he was limited by our standards. The very fact he define's right and wrong shows us he loves us. Why else warn us that which would hurt us? He doesn't make us love him. We choose to reject him and the price for that is Hell. We choose it. We cannot stand against perfection. Isaiah 64:6 says our works are like filthy rags to him. If works could get you into heaven and make you right with God why would the Son be sent to take the burden of our sin? You should do good now that you have freedom from sin. Salvation isn't a license to sin you were doing that just fine without being forgiven.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
The existence of hell seems to indicate quite clearly that God hates some of us and that that hate negates unconditional love by setting a condition that if we do not do exactly as commanded, that love is withdrawn.

Hell does not exist because God does not love us. It exists because we don't love God. Would you want to spend eternity with someone you don't love?

Some think that when we sin, we sin against God as well as the victim here on earth. Unconditional love should always forgive regardless of the sin as far as God would be concerned.

We do sin and wrong the person on earth as well as God. God does forgive us but this requires us repenting as well, turning from our sinful ways. Too many want the forgiveness without doing anything on their part. It's a two-way street.

Conditional love would say that the sinner must repent.

True love says that a sinner WANTS to repent.

Is God’s love then unconditional and no hell is required because we are all forgiven thanks to that love?
Or
Is God’s love conditional and there is a hell for those who do not do as commanded and repent?
Regards

Wrong on both counts. We choose of our free will, to love God and as a result, obey him or hate/not believe in God and take the path of eternal separation.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:08 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
GRACE "The undeserved mercy of God" "God rains on the wicked as well as the good" - seems to say that God does not play favorites and does not punish...mankind judges and mankind doles out punishment and revenge. God loved a truth seeker such as Christopher Hitchens...If there is a Satan or a Hitler..God would show mercy to them also...God is pure love...and like a parent "I do not love him because he is good- I love him because he is my little child"------------GOD expects you to be good not for his sake but for your own.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM

689 posts, read 549,501 times
God loves His children unconditionally. His children are those whose names are clearly written in the Book of Life of the Lamb.

If you don't call Him father at the time when you leave this planet earth, most likely you are not His children.

Do you call Him father ? If not, perhaps you are not His child.

It's a misconception to think that "unconditional" means He loves everything. Love must first has an subject to apply. You don't usually apply love to, say, trash in a trash box. You love your kids as they are the subject for you to apply your love, either unconditionally or not.

Similarly, God never said that He loves the wicked or the devils. They are not the subject He applies His love. His love is dedicated to His children. His love to His children is unconditional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality