Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,669,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Thanks for answering my question.
I see that we cannot reason together.

Regards
DL
You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,855,792 times
According to some (who abide by the ten commandments), God's love would be comparable to a dad who would be jealous of you, and condemn you a life of hell, if you called another person your dad.

Conditional, it is then.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,683,577 times
God from your bible?

Conditional.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,184,601 times
The Christian God? Obviously conditional if he will disown you just for being skeptical.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM

1,220 posts, read 988,710 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Is God’s Love conditional or unconditional?
The existence of hell seems to indicate quite clearly that God hates some of us and that that hate negates unconditional love by setting a condition that if we do not do exactly as commanded, that love is withdrawn.
Even if there is no hell, any king of eternal punishment goes against unconditional love.
Some think that when we sin, we sin against God as well as the victim here on earth. Unconditional love should always forgive regardless of the sin as far as God would be concerned.
Conditional love would say that the sinner must repent.
The problem is the unrepentant sinner.
When meeting God for judgment, if the sinner cannot see why he should repent or if he feels that whatever issue at hand is not a sin, does God’s unconditional love apply or is it cast aside somehow so that God can have the option of punishment?
This may never happen as God is said to have omnipotent persuasive powers but of this I am not sure and you may want to correct me on this because God, it seems, could not convince Satan to do His bidding.

Is God’s love then unconditional and no hell is required because we are all forgiven thanks to that love?
Or
Is God’s love conditional and there is a hell for those who do not do as commanded and repent?
Regards
DL

Shalom...the only place where the unconditional love of G-d is found is in His Christ, namely Jesus. Outside the Rock of Ages all the love of G-d is conditional, and not a one of us will ever be able to pay the price such conditional love requires. Besides, Jesus already met those requirements residing perfectly in the conditional love of G-d. Thus Jesus implores all of us who are burdened and heavy laden to go unto him and in him we will find rest...The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you Joy...

Old 06-21-2012, 04:31 PM

460 posts, read 983,098 times
Conditional on accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. No way is God's love unconditional.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:01 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,565,572 times
Conditional read the bible.

Nuff said.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,621,300 times
Definitely conditional, without any doubt, IMO.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,621,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
According to some (who abide by the ten commandments), God's love would be comparable to a dad who would be jealous of you, and condemn you a life of hell, if you called another person your dad.

Conditional, it is then.
Communist and conditional. Nice combo God!

Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM

134 posts, read 155,569 times
I've heard what I feel a cop-out many times.I can particularly make the argument for them, "God does not send anyone to the buring of Hell. Hell is merely a separatation of God's love, and God never separates Himself from the soul. It is the unrepent soul which separates itself from God's love.Thus, the horrors of Hell are worse than fire which burns. Though God never stops loving the unrepent.Even the unrepent soul is loved by The Father, It is he, who does not love God, thus separates himself from God. While the soul feels separated from God, he is hurt, but it is not The All-loving who punishes, for God forgives all. It is the soul himself who inflicts the torture, for he realizes the innate truth, God loves his children without condition." The argument boils down to blame the victim mentality. Oh wait, no, it's making God out to be the victim of being unloved.Oh, wait, it's gives the person guilt.Oh wait, it offers a lot love. Oh wait no, it uses a lot of nice wordings to lose sight of Hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality