Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 03:13 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,107,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgoodChristian View Post
God's love is unconditional but you have to have faith in Christ.
That would make it conditional then, right?

I spoke of reasoning above and from your reply, I see you may not be able to.

Your next will tell me if you can or not.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 03:16 PM

49 posts, read 64,712 times
No it's unconditional but we refuse to be loved by accepting the free gift of salvation and repenting for our misdeeds/

Old 05-15-2010, 03:22 PM

[quote=SoCalAngel2009;14187214]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
God's Love is unconditional. He loves us whether we are saints or sinners... the key is to love Him in return.

Hell is not a permanent place or condition... it is created by men's souls being out of harmony with the will of our Heavenly Father... which is to Love. Hell is a place of darkness and mental torment rather than light and love and peace and joy. If a person, who becomes a spirit upon death, finds their first place of abode in Hell... there is a way to get out... it is by seeking forgiveness and Love from our Heavenly Father... this is when you know He loves us unconditionally.

If you have a child and your child goes astray, do you not love him unconditionally? Your love doesn't stop because he did something wrong or bad... you try to help him get back on the right track. And this is so with our Heavenly Father... He's always there for us, but we have to be willing to ask for His help... He doesn't impose His will on us. So therefore, He is different than you or I would be with our children... as we want them to follow our rules and we make sure they're doing it while they are living under our roof... and when they don't follow what we require of them, then what happens? They are temporarily punished in some way... they are restricted from doing this, that or the other until they have paid the penalty for their misbehavior... same thing here applies with our Heavenly Father... let's just say this, when people go to Hell, they are grounded until they see the error of their ways and change themselves for the better... and this just involves going to our Heavenly Father and asking for forgiveness. It can't be any easier and simpler than that.

Our judgment is an ongoing daily occurrence... we will not meet our Heavenly Father for a "day of judgment"... if someone feels that what they did isn't a sin, then maybe it's not... one way to recognize sin is to listen to your conscience... if you do something and you immediately suffer for it, then that was probably a sin.

This you should know...a man's will is stronger than our Heavenly Father's will for him... so if a man has made up his mind about something and he allows his free will to rule supreme in his life... our Heavenly Father doesn't arbitrarily step on his toes. And by the way, there was no Satan... this account is merely symbolic of the power of man's free will.

We are forgiven when we ask for it... but it takes an action on our part to accomplish this by going to our Father... forgiveness just doesn't fall out of the sky like raindrops... but it is there for us, if and when, we seek for it.
Again, contradictions.
You say that His love is unconditional and with your last remarks, you show the conditions.

You mentioned that god does not intervene.

I as you also.
I take it then that that would mean that the God you know never punishes, right?
No Sodom, no great flood and basically no O T?

Do you believe in talking animals and a water walking Jesus?

Regards
DL

Old 05-15-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
No it's unconditional but we refuse to be loved by accepting the free gift of salvation and repenting for our misdeeds/
So if your child refuses your love, you stop loving him?

You might want to read the story of the prodigal son to see what unconditional is before returning with foolish statements.

If you are younger that 16 I retract my advise and comment because of your age.

Regards
DL

Old 05-15-2010, 03:58 PM

49 posts, read 64,712 times
God loves all of us but he can't allow sin to ente heaven so unbelievers and idolaters go to hell.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:51 PM

10,760 posts, read 23,870,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
As I.
You are not the usual believer. This is good.
I take it then that that would mean that the God you know never punishes, right?
No Sodom, no great flood and basically no O T?
Regards
DL
Nope, it's all a bunch of jibba jabba to me. People chose to love and hate, including themselves. Folks were pretty paranoid 2 millenia ago. I think people take their own reality with them to the afterlife and are likely to suffer their own self created consequenses. If one was to murder, they are likely to suffer the realities that others have after crossing over reviewing the ripple effects of the murder. Then they can chose to remain in that relm (most people would call hell), or move to the light of God to higher spiritual relms and love.

Here is a prime example of self hatred, encouraging spreading the word of hatred (one of many).....

Ted Haggard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ya know, shrimp cocktail or shrimp scampi sounds like a delightful choice for dinner tonight.....

oh wait, I better not.

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

Maybe the oil spill is god's wrath perhaps? Yes... God is on the side of the oil companies!!! Please!

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 05-15-2010 at 05:02 PM..

Old 05-15-2010, 06:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,203,642 times
God's love is conditional.
Next, try to find a christian that can tell the difference between a choice and an ultimatum.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
God loves all of us but he can't allow sin to ente heaven so unbelievers and idolaters go to hell.
I see you were too lazy to read the prodigal son.

Sin was born in heaven so your statement shows how little you even know about your own Bible.

As to hell, God would not create such an immoral place.

Answer this honestly to prove it to yourself.

Is it justice that a man can only sin for 120 years and then must suffer torture in hell for 12000000000000000000+ years?

If you think that that is justice then do not bother coming back. You will have shown that you have no morals or sense of justice and just follow dogma like a puppy chasing a bich's tit.

Regards
DL

Old 05-15-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
!
Who is your God. Tell me more.

Regards
DL

Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
God's love is conditional.
Next, try to find a christian that can tell the difference between a choice and an ultimatum.
I agree on both count.

I can get few of those indoctrinated into the fantasy Gods to admit that

Do it my way or burn forever.

Is not free will at all but a threat and as you say an ultimatum.

Belief in talking animals and water walkers will do that to good minds.
Religulous.

Religulous#

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality