Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:06 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
That is not what the bible and other ancient writings say, though, so I am not confused.
You've got to be joking....right?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Well, the writers of the Bible and Enoch and Jubilees and Jasher and the Dead Sea Manuscripts, which all correlate with one another, wrote what God said to write, and God says His sun in which He sits in His temple, in, on His throne in, runs its course/path/highway swiftly, from one extreme of heaven to the other, daily.

So you believe that you are traveling on a spinning satellite through space at the rate of how many miles per second, and how many miles pr second do you believe it is also moving around the sun in a yearly orbit?
Do you honestly believe gods temple is on the sun and that he sits there??

You are aware that the early primitives were Sun worshipers aren't you?? If you're not....I suggest you do a study on that FACT so that you, at the very least, can become just a little bit educated about the verses you are spouting. Then next head to the science section of your local library because you obviously don't have any knowledge in that area whatsoever...this is 4th grade knowledge that you should have learned about the earth in school.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Shaking head in disbelief here.
I'm with you on that one....I am absolutely dumbfounded by this OP. I always knew that some xtians discounted alot of science simply because it disagreed with their primitive book but I've never encountered anyone that was/is this extreme, especially given the FACTS we know and have emperical evidence for.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,442 times
As usual, I am amused by YSM. I'm still not convinced she is serious however. She plays the part of an enthusiastic, wild-eyed believer a little too well.

She claims extensive knowledge of the Book of Enoch, among other apochryphal books, and has obviously "researched" plenty of websites and knows how to post links.

But then here comes this little gem from a post of hers talking about her husband and numbers...

Quote:
...I don't understand his fascination with them at all -esp when it concerns the checkbook and something he calls "balancing"...
Really? Something he calls balancing? An odd phrase, and she puts the word in quotes to make sure we get it. Sounds quite a bit like someone who is intentionally playing the part of a supreme idiot. Well done though.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:25 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,760 times
I think someone needs to go outside, spin around about 20 times and then stop. The simple lesson from observation that CAN be learned could be understood by a child of two.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,914,585 times
Default Understandable though

Some of us, unable to get out and do meaningful community work, simply sit about on C-D endlessly typing the ends off our fingers to amuse ourselves, avoid mental decay and irritate others. YSM has obviously hit on the magic formula to achieve what so many fundy Christians secretly aspire to:

Being effective in irritating atheists, for which they may get Brownie Points at the Pearly Gates.

Sorta like going after Frequent Guest Points at Marriott.

A truly Christian aspiration, I'd agree. Shows they're far more fallible than we evil atheists!

Becauise, as you have all correctly observed, she's way too far out there to be real.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:08 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Some of us, unable to get out and do meaningful community work, simply sit about on C-D endlessly typing the ends off our fingers to amuse ourselves, avoid mental decay and irritate others. YSM has obviously hit on the magic formula to achieve what so many fundy Christians secretly aspire to:

Being effective in irritating atheists, for which they may get Brownie Points at the Pearly Gates.

Sorta like going after Frequent Guest Points at Marriott.

A truly Christian aspiration, I'd agree. Shows they're far more fallible than we evil atheists!

Becauise, as you have all correctly observed, she's way too far out there to be real.
Oh, com'on rifle...you are just as intrigued with her posts as the rest.

Astron1000 seems to catch the same POE vibe I mentioned...and even gleaned some "evidence" for it. It does make sense...who wouldn't know what "balancing" a checkbook was?

If she really is a POE...I must hang my head and realize that I have a lot to learn...and a very long way to go. Much like the way I thought I was really good a being snarky...until I read Rafius' stuff (his "fluffy white clouds, rainbows, and little bunny rabbits" stuff...the purest of true snark) and saw my deficiencies.

Oh well...we all have to start somewhere...at least I can now observe the work of masters of those "thorn-in-the-side" disciplines, to aid my development.

Last edited by GldnRule; 07-08-2010 at 04:44 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 05:19 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
As usual, I am amused by YSM. I'm still not convinced she is serious however. She plays the part of an enthusiastic, wild-eyed believer a little too well.

She claims extensive knowledge of the Book of Enoch, among other apochryphal books, and has obviously "researched" plenty of websites and knows how to post links.

But then here comes this little gem from a post of hers talking about her husband and numbers...

Really? Something he calls balancing? An odd phrase, and she puts the word in quotes to make sure we get it. Sounds quite a bit like someone who is intentionally playing the part of a supreme idiot. Well done though.
Didn't you ever read the true story by Clarence Day [JR], "Life With Father"?, or see the movie? If not, then you missed a glimpse into the life of a man who loves numbers and records, married to a woman who could not care less about numbers, and the humor of living together as opposites.
-And ask my husband about my "balancing" of the checkbook -a horrid affair..... I never go there, and he dares not ask me to -anymore

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 07-08-2010 at 05:36 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 05:30 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Do you honestly believe gods temple is on the sun and that he sits there??

You are aware that the early primitives were Sun worshipers aren't you?? If you're not....I suggest you do a study on that FACT so that you, at the very least, can become just a little bit educated about the verses you are spouting. Then next head to the science section of your local library because you obviously don't have any knowledge in that area whatsoever...this is 4th grade knowledge that you should have learned about the earth in school.
There were no primitives but those people displaced by wars and other calamities. Some wars were atomic, as the Mahabharata proves- after the flood.
Lot dwelt in the affluent city of Sodom, which was drowning in luxuries, but after YHWH nuked it, Lot became a cave dweller.
Adam, our first father, was created with a complete scientific language, programmed into his hardware [brain], and had daily fellowship with YHWH; who visited him in the Person of the Word. They used to walk together, in the cool of the evening, before he was cast out of the Garden of Eden.

Enoch wrote the true book of cosmology, before the flood. The angel, Uriel, who was in charge of the "luminaries", showed Enoch everything to write down, about the heavens and all the host of them.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,585 times
Quote:
Didn't you ever read the true story by Clarence day, "Life With Father"?, or see the movie? If not, then you missed a glimpse into the life of a man who loves numbers and records, married to a woman who could not care less about numbers, and the humor of living together as opposites.
You know, you're not as dumb as you're making us think you are, it's really easy to sit back and play the ignorant Christian but that can only last for so long and right about now your little game is finished, so enjoy your little chuckle now because nobody else is going to believe you are that dumb and ignorant. No one is going to take the bait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality