Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:14 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Men pretending to know what they do not know...
That seems the perfect description of religion in general. I must agree with rifleman, YSM. You are just too amusing to ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
...So you believe, as above, that you are walking around on a satellite spinning through space at the rate of 465.11 miles per second, which is also moving around the sun at 29783 miles per second?
So how is it that one can actually swallow that without question? It is so far out that it is laughable.
No, it is measurable, calculated, duplicatable, observable. It is not swallowed without question, it is proven fact.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, it is measurable, calculated, duplicatable, observable. It is not swallowed without question, it is proven fact.
I truly never thought I would ever meet anyone capable of accepting what this person does in the face of modern science.Aside from the hilarity of it all,it is just so amazing to watch someone say this stuff in all seriousness that you cannot make yourself turn away.It's like watching someone have a mental meltdown in public.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I truly never thought I would ever meet anyone capable of accepting what this person does in the face of modern science.Aside from the hilarity of it all,it is just so amazing to watch someone say this stuff in all seriousness that you cannot make yourself turn away.It's like watching someone have a mental meltdown in public.
I thought that if I drank enough Mojitos I would understand what yeshu was saying,, I dont think there is enough alcohol in the world to help with that.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
yeshua: Those figures are highly inflated. The earth (at the equator) only spins at slightly over 1000 miles per hour. And its speed in its orbit is about 9.25 miles per second. This is the only speed which will keep it in its present orbit. This is according to the physical laws which govern such things, not religion.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Hold on a second! See that? You guys are gonna kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. You are gonna get in YSMs case sooooo bad that she is going to split. Then where will we be? The best entertainment I know I'VE ever seen here and you are going to boo her off the stage.

Please...DM each other...develop a plan...whatever you have to do...but work it to get the most mileage out of it. I'm gonna be really upset if you guys mess this up...I haven't laughed so hard in weeks!

No Gravity!! Woo Hoo! I'm watching a fly walk across the ceiling, so it must be true.
The Earth isn't spinning...they turn out the lights to half the world to save on the electric bill!!
Those four seasons I have here in NE USA...a change of scenery to make things interesting.

You think it might be a POE deal? If it is, it's the best ever.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
Yeah YSM is the gift that never stops giving, rubbish that is.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Yes, she probably walks to Seattle from her home ≈ 100 miles away. You know, because when those cars out on the freeway get up to anything above walking speed, why.....all hell breaks loose inside the car!

(Gawd help her husband, 'cause he's into numbers! The arguments 'round the ol' kitchen table.... "Man cannot exceed 32 mph, hubby, without us flying apart!")

She seemingly thinks that, at those elevated Earthly speeds, it'd be exactly like us Earthlings sticking our heads out the window of a 747, instead of just walking around inside of one, "all contained within the system" so to speak, and as is the case.

Oh sorry Gldn..... I"m stepping on the neck of the goose, ain't I? I'll retreat and get more coffee & Bourbon. Hey; it's after 6:00am man!
Oh man, this chick is a riot! It could be a POE thing...but if so, it's of the finest vintage. Hints of acid and skunk on the palate...with a nice bitter finish!

Did you say Bourbon?!! Wild Turkey 101...my fav whiskey of all time. Whatever is wrong...a large enough dose of that WILL fix it...at least for a few hours.
CHEERS, BROTHER!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Oh man, this chick is a riot! It could be a POE thing...but if so, it's of the finest vintage. Hints of acid and skunk on the palate...with a nice bitter finish!

Did you say Bourbon?!! Wild Turkey 101...my fav whiskey of all time. Whatever is wrong...a large enough dose of that WILL fix it...at least for a few hours.
CHEERS, BROTHER!
I tried that last night, now I am paying for it!!!

She is a riot, it is hard to believe that even she believes this stuff, but she does

Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Well if nothing else, she's good for a laugh........ but you know,I find it hard to believe that somebody in this day and age is still living in the dark ages...

Last edited by ptsum; 07-08-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality