Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,439,891 times

Advertisements

So if you hear this message ane reject it at say age 6...your ok, but if your 13 or 14, then your doomed, seems rather unloving to me...sorry but it does. Why should we have to DO anything? It is no different than the religions that are legalistic if you ask me, you STILL have to DO something or else your in the furnace, nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 02:41 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,922,447 times
because we have rebelled from God, why should God allow us into his Holy place if we choose to deny his love? He is very loving in that he gave us free will to choose to accept his gift of his Son Jesus or go our own way and reject him. That is justice which is the ultimate in LOVE.

If he were not a loving, benevolent God he would force us to accept him but he doesnt. As he doesnt require a child who cannot understand the Bible to go to hell, he doesnt require a teen ager to have to accept him--but Since we are all sinners born, due to the fall of man by Adam, and all in Rebellion, we all have the chance to accept or reject The love and free gift of salvation.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,912,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
So if you hear this message ane reject it at say age 6...your ok, but if your 13 or 14, then your doomed, seems rather unloving to me...sorry but it does. Why should we have to DO anything? It is no different than the religions that are legalistic if you ask me, you STILL have to DO something or else your in the furnace, nice.
No one is going to be judged unfairly. If a 40 year old hasn't been exposed to the standard God will use, He will judge accordingly.

CS Lewis said (and I paraphrase) "If someone is concerned for those that may or may not be Chrisitans, the most logical thing for them to do is become one themselves."

Old 05-02-2007, 03:02 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,528,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Being saved is understaning It's by grace and faith in Jesus having already taken our place.
I am trying to understand what you have said, but I believe that which I have quoted above is the gist of what you were attempting to explain. If I am wrong, please set me straight.

Now, based on that which I have used from your post, it appears it is relatively simple to be saved. My questions are, will being saved allow one into Heaven? Next, if one accepts Christ and sins, will grace excuse that sin? Finally, and admittedly this is an extreme example, if one believes in Christ and is subject to grace but continuously sins, do they still go to Heaven?

Old 05-02-2007, 03:08 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,136,741 times
I have a question too....once a person is saved, and baptized, does that mean that you no longer need to repent? And if you do have to repent after the sin, how is it that you repent? Is it through prayer?

Old 05-02-2007, 03:17 PM

Grace is the Unmerited favor, free gift, God gave us by sending his son Jesus to die to pay for our sin(from Adam we have seperated or rebelled against God). Gods grace, Jesus Christ on the cross, repairs that seperation.

so to be saved, simple yes, but sin keeps people blinded and they do not want to accept such a simple gift. To be saved is simply believing with all your heart soul and mind, that Jesus Christ is Lord and God, that he came to save you by dying, and shedding his blood as payment for our sins. And that we repent-ask God for forgivenness for all the sins we have done and turn away from the life of sin. Very simple, and living the life God desires us, we learn about that life in the life of christ and his teachings in the Bible and the apostles.

It is simple but so few choose such a free and wonderful gift.

Everyday when we pray and ask God for forgiveness for the sins we continually do, because we have a sin nature(back to adam) we repair our relationship with God by going straight to Jesus.

simple prayer, Jesus forgive me for my sins and cleanse me, make me better, work in me and make me like you in my actions.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,218,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
I really don't understand very well what being "saved" actually means but I think I understand the jist of it. So what about children who are too young to understand what it means to be saved? What is going to happen to them? I've heard some people say that only those who are saved are going to Heaven. So then would you condemn your 3 or 5 or 6 year old to hell because they are too young?
Also if there are any Catholics out there; I'm curious as to know why the Catholic church believes that little children need baptism to be saved? I've heard that if kids are not baptized they go to Limbo or Purgatory?? Can someone who is familiar with this explain it to me. Thankyou.
they have not earned their place in hell either, but it is true for the most part.
God can make a decision to call forth these children and I would like to believe that to be true after all we say when a young child dies it is God's will well if he is willing it he must have a purpose for it

Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 PM

WE have all earned our place in Hell, we are sinners in need of a savior, But because Christ came freely from heaven to earth to die to justify us before the father, God, we can be made whole again. Jesus paid that price and so we cannot earn heaven but we sins has earned us hell, and only Jesus can ransom us and will if you call on him TODAY, to save you.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:30 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,439,891 times
I am sorry but it just seems as if GOD is a child abuser to me, I mean his own son had to be murdered so viscoulsly...if GOD is all powerful and loving, why do this? What is the point...I just don't understand it, tried too my whole life in fact...It just seems very abusive to me.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,218,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I am sorry but it just seems as if GOD is a child abuser to me, I mean his own son had to be murdered so viscoulsly...if GOD is all powerful and loving, why do this? What is the point...I just don't understand it, tried too my whole life in fact...It just seems very abusive to me.
Jesus made that choice he wasnt made to do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality