Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:24 PM

19 posts, read 16,879 times

Advertisements

Read some history, bub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 07:28 PM

No, North South, no one who is faithful (that means full of faith) would try to convince someone else by argument. Only those who are busily propping up their own belieft need to do that.

Personally, digging back into the distant recollections of my faith days. You are not convinced, it is by arguing with others that you try to convince yourself.

Give it up, get yourself right with god, and others will see the light in you. I see an insecure angry person in Northsouth, not someone secure in their faith.

But, heck,, give me one piece of empirical evidence you are right!

Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM

5,918 posts, read 3,819,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guide View Post
Read some history, bub.

Bub? That's good. Just cause I'm smart and sarcastic makes me a guy?

Seriously, "Guys"...have a great Easter. I gotta go to bed so I can get up and put on my pretty Easter dress and goes to church. Hope to see you there!!

Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 PM

I would never go so far as to say you are smart, if you were you would be curious as to the pagan origins of Christianity, I figured you were a guy because you are rude and angry.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
No, North South, no one who is faithful (that means full of faith) would try to convince someone else by argument. Only those who are busily propping up their own belieft need to do that.

Personally, digging back into the distant recollections of my faith days. You are not convinced, it is by arguing with others that you try to convince yourself.

Give it up, get yourself right with god, and others will see the light in you. I see an insecure angry person in Northsouth, not someone secure in their faith.

But, heck,, give me one piece of empirical evidence you are right!
Basin, is that you? Shame, shame, shame. Are you hiding from me? You can't hide from God. Why, oh why, are you so angry with Him? If I have time tomorrow I'll be glad to try and convince you of how happy I am and spread some empirical evidence. Okay?

Old 04-07-2007, 07:37 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,734,240 times
Guide -- you better re-read the guidelines for City Data. No personal attacks on anyone...which includes calling NorthSouth rude and angry and insecure in her faith.

Better learn the rules quick, bub. (and I AM a guy).

Old 04-07-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I would never go so far as to say you are smart, if you were you would be curious as to the pagan origins of Christianity, I figured you were a guy because you are rude and angry.
Oh, come on, you have to admit I'm pretty darn smart and sassy. As to pagan origins, there are none. Ever been subject to real pagans? Pretty scary, my friend. Satan is just as real as God, that's for sure.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Guide -- you better re-read the guidelines for City Data. No personal attacks on anyone...which includes calling NorthSouth rude and angry and insecure in her faith.

Thanks, Hoosier!! God bless you and Happy Easter!!! Haven't forgotten you either.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:45 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,616,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post

We agree on something.

I'll dispute your actions, and dispute your beliefs.

Of course, I'm happy to split a pitcher of beer with ya when we're done, lol.

Personal attacks, it's a waste of time. It takes credibility away from the argument, and gets deleted anyway at some point.

I think Guide was being harsh, but personal attack? Maybe I missed it.

NorthSouth - No, I'm not going down that rabbit hole, lol. Let's just agree to disagree on religion. All I ask is that religious folks don't post gratuitous, spammy threads. Sorry, but I have to call it spam. It might be spam you LIKE, but it's still spam by definition. It's an unsolicited advertisement.

~T

Old 04-07-2007, 07:54 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,734,240 times
well let's allow the mods to make the final call on whether threads about religion are considered spam. And again, if you feel it is in violation of your rights on CD and religious threads are what you deem advertising to you, then put me on your ignore list, and all the other known Christians. CD does give you that option so you can block others.

Guide was being harsh and IMO it is personal when you flat out call someone rude and angry. When the comment is directed at the poster, it's a personal attack. But that is my opinion. If NorthSouth chooses to give bad rep points, that is her option and then leave it in the mods and admin's hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality