Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 06:52 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,043,063 times

Advertisements

allan, I do not give a **** what you believe or what you think of me, I just want people on this board to hear a different voice.

Anyone that falls for his kind of crap deserves a warning, if they do not heed it, so be it.

'Gurus' like Jim Jones and the Pope count on peoples blind faith.

Have a great time with yours.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 PM

309 posts, read 581,069 times
I didn't ask if you cared, I simply thought that you should be honest about your issues and concerns

You are 'against' a whole range of spiritual/religious beliefs/practices. I guess a swag would be there are about 2-3Billion people in the world, a rough estimate, that follow the types of beliefs you are against.

We could take everything you said and cut/paste it into a few hundred small and large religious traditions and paths.

Thats all, have all the voice you want, but be honest about the real roots of your beliefs and feeling on the matter, which apparently have nothing to do with MP specifically.

And by the way, lets not pull the 'other voice' routine, you flatly called be names, a liar or a deluded fool was about what you left for me. Thats not some honorable 'other voice' as you seem to try and project, thats pretty dismissive, insulting, slanderous kind of behavior, dont you think?

Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 PM

I clearly stated that my problem is with organized religions, not the individuals.

Moderator cut: attack the idea, not the person

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-26-2009 at 02:56 PM..

Old 03-22-2009, 07:24 PM

175 posts, read 425,112 times
Allan,

Nuance of characterization seems to be missing from your mental pontification and vernacular. A good student only means a person who is buying what MP is selling.

You have done a better job discouraging people from joining Masterpath than I ever could. You shove your viewpoint down people’s throats as though the more you defend your own belief system, the more real it is or something.

You have been on the MP for 3 years, and according to their automated system of hierarchy, that makes you a second initiate. The initiation where the “Radiant Form of the Master stations itself at the third eye of the chela,” and other such malarkey. Hey by the way, you can buy the “Eck Vidya ?)” from Eckankar and get a jump-start study of future initiations: you know those sacred rites of evolving spiritual progress on the Masterpath that so closely parallels Eckankar. You might even be lucky and land on verbatim sections.

I don’t know, but I know this: I never felt a need to defend my decision to follow MasterPath.

A lot of your ‘critical thinking skills’ seem to be backed up by a ‘second generation chela of 9 yrs.’ I know there are parents who have raised their children to relate to MP and Gary Olsen as the real deal, the Word made Flesh, the Emissary of the Light and Sound Teachings, a Swateh Saint: natural born, and all the rest. So what. Every religion has its myths of fanciful tales.

As far as I’m concerned MP is nothing but a mind trip, or in the words of Jon Stewart: “a clusterf*$k.

I’m also not interested in a battle of wits. But you seem to miss the irony in the story. It’s because I did not worship Gary’s personality that I am no longer a student of the MP.

But you sure go the distance in defending that which you do not know. That type of fanaticism seems to go hand in glove with most religious zealots.

And last, your superficial understanding of other people and their experience will serve you quite well on the MP. So again, best wishes.

But there is really no point in discussing this further. I’m not really into the type of mental masturbation that you appear to enjoy. And last, whatever you think you are seeing that I may not be seeing....why don't you just take your viewpoint and make it a mirror to see your own reflection.

Good luck and best wishes

Old 03-22-2009, 08:12 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,179,584 times
The Master Path is actually little more than a rip-off of another Neo-Eastern “cult” called Eckankar. Much of Olsen’s writings were plagiarized from the earlier works of Eckankar founder Paul Twitchell. Members of the Master Path meditate on Olsen’s image and seemingly become infatuated with him and dependent upon the group. Sure sounds like a cult to me.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:30 PM

Right on sanspeur!

I was saving the Eckankar and Radha Soami to put that cultmiester allan in his place for later.

Most sane people can see through this type of scam if they only look into the facts.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:38 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,875,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
people hang pictures & statues of Jesus, the Virgin Mary, etc. in their homes :
Well, yup this is true, and, there are also those with better taste who hang pictures of Elvis, Jimmy Hendrix, and/or Roy Buchanan who don't encourage tithes.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
I clearly stated that my problem is with organized religions, not the individuals.
Yes you did, in a qualified way, but sure I'll agree with that

I didn't mean to imply that you had issues with a couple Billion people

My point was that you have issues with a broad range of religious and spiritual path that represent the belief systems and practices of a couple Billion people.

Are you saying that isnt true? Your not just against MP, your against a whole range of guru lead, organized religions, etc.

Quote:
If you espouse a sham cult like that, you deserve any derision heaped upon you by any one that has a right to type.
Oh please derisionist me away.

The observation that such derision is so fundemental to your point - well it's telling, thats all.

Quote:
I am confident in my beliefs, I just want to point out the charlatans.
Ok, thats fair, but you forgot a step. You Just want to first 'judge' then condemn or point out

Yes I am a fool, I agree - but hey we all have our burdens

Old 03-23-2009, 02:41 AM

End of Faith

Wow, you give me to much credit. So offering my side and challenging you is ramming my beliefs down your throat? You seem like a smarter guy than that. Was the point of coming to a discussion board to not have a discussion? Is the point I should let you have the last word else I am shoving?

Quote:
Nuance of characterization seems to be missing from your mental pontification and vernacular. A good student only means a person who is buying what MP is selling.
Yes much smarter then me, I could never been that clever in insulting someone.

Do you really think I sound defensive? I mean I can see aggresive, I can see offensive, but defensive? Ok, but for the record I'm not feeling defensive at all. I am not trying to convince anyone or even sell anything. I don't even think it matters to me if more or less people find their way to MP

Just offering my opinion, experiences, and responding to personal attacks, emotional arguments with no facts, things like that

As an aside, I happen to like masturbation, it is a form of relief and sorta maintenance.

So your point about people seeing Gary as God incarnate, that wasn't you? That was other people you knew, friends and stuff? But not you?
So you had a long history many years worth of conflict/disagreement or tension with Gary?

I am not a 2cd initiate, I expect that will happen in Sept. Unless you mean on the inner and not the outer. And its not automatic, it has to be requested.

I notice that you call some of the basic of Light and Sound, the inner master, third eye thing, hogwash and stuff? So your sorta dumping on the whole spiritual metaphysics of L&S, Shabd yoga, etc? Do you feel the same on the Ani Grath and those cousins? I mean the radiant form, inner master, and all that, are they MP exclusive - in my ignorance I thought those aspects were common.

So you never experienced these inner events? Is that what your saying? In all those years you never had any of the experiences people discuss as markers, common, etc? Did you fake it? Lie to yourself in order to fit in?

If I hadn't been seeing results already I don't know if I would be going forth. So I guess i am sorta interested in how a long term chela stays with it without such growth, experiences etc.

Thanks for any insights.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The Master Path is actually little more than a rip-off of another Neo-Eastern “cult” called Eckankar. Much of Olsen’s writings were plagiarized from the earlier works of Eckankar founder Paul Twitchell.
I would really like to see the case for that? I hear the accusation being made but with hours of internet searches a couple years back, all I came up with is these points:

- Eckankar has never sued/accused brought any action against MP for copyright or plagerism -I don't think th=ey would allow just blatant rip offs.

- Eckankar and MP have common roots, or draw from the same basic sources of Light & Sound teachings from India.

- So One would expect to find commonality in wittings, metaphysics, etc.

So what I conclude at this point, with data and facts, is that MP never plagerized any of Twitchell's specific writings, and that any commonality in the works go back to the original sources of both.

Evidence to MP taking directly from Twitchell or Eck would be appreciated.

Quote:
Members of the Master Path meditate on Olsen’s image and seemingly become infatuated with him and dependent upon the group. Sure sounds like a cult to me.
Basically thats not true,
If I explain the facts, or offer a broader perspective, will you feel like I am shoving things down your throat or do you care more for truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.