Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 06:59 AM

22,383 posts, read 19,299,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, according to you...who/what does create our reality?

I am a strong believer in that we do create our reality, almost as if we are travelling along inside a bubble of our own making and viewing our reality from the inside of the bubble with other energies interfacing with ours. Richard Bach's book Illusions gave a good analogy which was that our life was like a reel of film in a canister, complete in every way in the present moment, a beginning, a middle and an end, outside of time.

I think we are spirit playing a character in that movie and other spirits are playing other characters, but when the filming is done, we as spirit all go to the pub and have a laugh about the days shoot.
yes. i agree. and enjoyed reading the above.

and as characters in a movie there are the good guys and the bad guys and we say wow you did a great job playing the villain in that scene, it was so convincing! or i cried at that part it felt so real.

-------
i also picked up these along the way: if my soul or higher self scripted circumstances that cause me to wonder "hmm....why would i ever script something like this" "i must have had a really good reason for doing so" "how best can i respond to this" "what does this situation ask of me" "if i scripted myself into this well then i can script myself out of this."

and in the grand perspective, not just this single lifetime but all of our lifetimes over eons, we have played all the parts: hero and villain, bystander extra or star of the show, victim and perpetrator, king and commoner, rich and poor, healthy and crippled, slave and slave owner, monk and mafia, all of them.

they are roles we play, but they are not who we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 09:04 AM

1,491 posts, read 484,513 times
Quote:

I am a strong believer in that we do create our reality, almost as if we are travelling along inside a bubble of our own making and viewing our reality from the inside of the bubble with other energies interfacing with ours. Richard Bach's book Illusions gave a good analogy which was that our life was like a reel of film in a canister, complete in every way in the present moment, a beginning, a middle and an end, outside of time.

I think we are spirit playing a character in that movie and other spirits are playing other characters, but when the filming is done, we as spirit all go to the pub and have a laugh about the days shoot.

I was asking the original questions using Christianity as a basis because I know that some of them do believe we come into this incarnation as sinners, and it would be important (for me at least) if I was a Christian, that I know what Forgiveness looks like if I held that belief.

There is also a school of thought which says that we should never be 'sorry' or apologise for anything we do since we need to be accountable and responsible for our actions.
People these days think that original sin was the act of disobedience. Disobedience can be forgiven. The original sin is found in the Satan's beguiling lie that in following his word they would be as God. And therein lies the separation from the One True God and following His Living word.

I see all around the world, that leaders of nations and leaders of all religions and even regular folks all around, and especially in these days where worldly knowledge has greatly increased, that the Satan's beguiling lie has placed itself at the forefront, because in the fallen nature of mankind's pride he is given over to the lie claiming himself the alpha and omega...

...and because of that all man can produce is dying seed, while mankind claims to be the all knowing studs of creation.

Where God's living word produces Living seed, which is found in the Firstborn and Heir of all God's creation. Who is most humble in nature. So, he gets overlooked by all who choose to serve their own image first and foremost.

I am thankful for being brought to the end of myself, so that the One True God could share in me the knowing of Jesus Christ my Lord and savior, as he shares his life and heritage with me.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:24 AM

63,940 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:

I was asking the original questions using Christianity as a basis because I know that some of them do believe we come into this incarnation as sinners, and it would be important (for me at least) if I was a Christian, that I know what Forgiveness looks like if I held that belief.

There is also a school of thought which says that we should never be 'sorry' or apologize for anything we do since we need to be accountable and responsible for our actions.
The bold is so close to my Synthesis. We are creating our Reality in "quantum time" (or what I call God's eternal time) but we experience it as a "delayed playback" in our measured and experienced "macro time." So for all intents and purposes what happens has already happened but is ahead of our experience of it, like The Sting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes. i agree. and enjoyed reading the above.

and as characters in a movie there are the good guys and the bad guys and we say wow you did a great job playing the villain in that scene, it was so convincing! or i cried at that part it felt so real.
-------
i also picked up these along the way: if my soul or higher self scripted circumstances that cause me to wonder "hmm....why would i ever script something like this" "i must have had a really good reason for doing so" "how best can i respond to this" "what does this situation ask of me" "if i scripted myself into this well then i can script myself out of this."

and in the grand perspective, not just this single lifetime but all of our lifetimes over eons, we have played all the parts: hero and villain, bystander extra or star of the show, victim and perpetrator, king and commoner, rich and poor, healthy and crippled, slave and slave owner, monk and mafia, all of them.

they are roles we play, but they are not who we are.
The bold also fits well within my Synthesis as well as your reincarnation scenario. It places our "delayed playback" experiencing in the role of "editor" of the screenplay as your characterizations would suggest. Our experience is not irrelevant. Ir provides the feedback to our Real Self, IMO.

Old 05-07-2024, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The bold is so close to my Synthesis. We are creating our Reality in "quantum time" (or what I call God's eternal time) but we experience it as a "delayed playback" in our measured and experienced "macro time." So for all intents and purposes what happens has already happened but is ahead of our experience of it, like The Sting.

The bold also fits well within my Synthesis as well as your reincarnation scenario. It places our "delayed playback" experiencing in the role of "editor" of the screenplay as your characterizations would suggest. Our experience is not irrelevant. Ir provides the feedback to our Real Self, IMO.
so now you accept reincarnation?
previously you rejected it

Old 05-07-2024, 02:28 PM

Quote:
so now you accept reincarnation?
No, I do not accept it because it requires millions of ignorant lifetimes to achieve spiritual maturity which I find implausible. But the "editor" role of our "delayed" consciousness is apt, IMO.

Old 05-07-2024, 02:41 PM

then clearly it is not what i described.

Old 05-07-2024, 03:36 PM

Quote:
then clearly it is not what i described.
But your advice on "editing" your interpretation of Reality is still prudent even if we differ about why.

Old 05-07-2024, 03:52 PM

1,232 posts, read 552,009 times
SMH at the OP post - saw the thread title and was interested, then the bit about everyone being born a "sinner" (gag). A definition of "sin" is "missed the mark," no blame or shame.

I don't know how anyone could imagine that every person on Earth is "born a sinner" with that definition indicating moral "evil." It's just such an abhorrent idea to me that this is a common perception.

I was going to add my contribution about Ho'Oponopono, but I don't think this crowd can appreciate a spiritual (as opposed to religious) take.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:00 PM

20,089 posts, read 13,542,799 times
Quote:
Reality just exists and we find ourselves in it and have to choose how to respond to it.

While it is true that one's attitude or sense of agency or lack thereof can influence the degree to which one can transcend environment/circumstances or is crushed or dominated by them, I categorically reject the notion that one's challenges or blessings are self-created or chosen. There's no basis for such a notion, and it sets up an an environment of unsavory judgment of people who observably suffer. Or on the other hand, it sets up an environment of unsavory self-aggrandizement of people who happen to have had some good luck.

Last edited by mordant; 05-07-2024 at 04:47 PM..

Old 05-07-2024, 04:10 PM

50,979 posts, read 24,467,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Thais or anyone who is saying that are projecting their own thoughts, which are faulty. the person seen as disabled has a spirit that is at peace with itself and even joyful. those who attribute karma as cause of what they perceive as suffering are not wrong. but it is the body that bears the consequences, never the spirit within. spirit is who we are, the spirit that is aware and knows it is aware and is always in fullness. i think we may be saying the same thing
You started off pretty good, but how can you assume the bolded?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality