Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 10:05 AM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Let me make this perfectly clear. We are not here to bash any of the world's major religions. We will remove posts, issue infractions, or remove members that won't comply.

Consider this a moderator warning
even though it isn't red. It's difficult to change colors when using a phone.

Old 04-22-2024, 10:15 AM

20,736 posts, read 19,405,068 times
I am not here to "bash" the world religions but I am here to criticize them and many of the interpretations in their own words.

Take for example this one from Revelation

They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

How lovely. I might add some people take that and freely apply to certain groups of people. They are all in basic agreement as well as to this kind of apocalypse. They all agree there. No heavenly apocalypse. The main point is heaven is little better, especially interpretations that are consistent with terraforming it on earth

It also seems I am the only one here that bothers to quote the material. The rest is a personal attack again me which just proves the fruit of these mythologies.

Old 04-22-2024, 10:21 AM

50,996 posts, read 24,484,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
You call this "evidence"? GMAB.

Oh, and, BTW, I don't "prefer the darkness" nor do any of the fellow Jews I know. In fact, I'm about the most sun-loving person you could ever find. Your generalizations are completely baseless.
I agree. It's fair to say, "You call this "evidence"?"

But on the other hand, it's the same type of thinking that we see in virtually all religions. In a sense, it's related to another of our threads about 'signs' from god. Stuff humans made up.

Old 04-22-2024, 10:22 AM

50,996 posts, read 24,484,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
then that reflects your own state of mind, your own preoccupation
As does your woo reflect "your own state of mind, your own preoccupation"

Why do you think you are different and special as compared to whatever others find in their state of mind and their state of preoccupation?

Old 04-24-2024, 08:31 PM

10,074 posts, read 4,995,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The main difference between Christianity, Islam and Judaism is the spiritualization of utopia vs the plan to create it on earth. Christianity itself spiritualized it much less when Christianity spread through Rome, but it was more metaphorical but still earthly . However there is a usury fueled sect trying to create heaven on earth. Are you ready for "heaven on earth"? .....................................
Let's see: in Heaven there is No pollution, No crime, No violence, No war, No sickness, and No death in Heaven.
Are we ready or wanting those same heavenly conditions to come and exist on Earth __________
Since we are asking for God's heavenly Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) to come to Earth ( thy kingdom come.......)
then, we want those same good conditions that exist in Heaven to also exist on Earth.
Conditions as beautifully described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah and 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Old 04-25-2024, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Let's see: in Heaven there is No pollution, No crime, No violence, No war, No sickness, and No death in Heaven.

The vid covered the people discussing their version of this. You keep regurgitating Christian interpretations which they do not have. Its consistent with the Kabbalah. Isaac Luria's take on it was they needed to be their own messiah( As above so below). Its not anything like waiting for god's miracles. Even Christians think they can help out god by helping members of the tribe move to Israel so they can fulfill the prophetic requirements. Christianity conveniently likes to mix here on earth with the heavens. If it does not happen then its spiritual and in heaven. However when it is possible like WWIII and the apocalypse, they take the earthly route.

Quote:

Are we ready or wanting those same heavenly conditions to come and exist on Earth __________
Since we are asking for God's heavenly Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) to come to Earth ( thy kingdom come.......)
then, we want those same good conditions that exist in Heaven to also exist on Earth.
Conditions as beautifully described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah and 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Yes, again the wait for god's heaven. Not relevant. This plan wants to make heaven. They will end birth ,death and war by removing humans as we know them. They will use artificial intelligence, make eggs from skin cells and use artificial wombs along with genetic . Thus while they agree on the apocalypse being executed by man, but heaven does not drop down from the sky like the Christian version. They will terraform heaven.

I will also end that peace is fulfilled the same in a grave yard.

Old 04-26-2024, 07:01 PM

10,074 posts, read 4,995,238 times
I suppose one could say 'peace is fulfilled in a grave yard' because the dead sleep and know nothing according to the Bible.
see - Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 and Jesus' words at John 11:11-14
The dead are peacefully asleep until 'Resurrection Day' ( meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth for a thousand years ) - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8; Acts 24:15

The figurative living 'sheep ' on Earth at the coming time of separation - Matthew 25:31-34,37 - are Not removed but will be here on Earth (Isaiah 26:20) to see calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000 year reign over Earth and beyond.

Old 05-02-2024, 02:46 AM

23,238 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Heaven can be considered largely a metaphor for a realm of peace, cooperation, love, and balance. You don't need any religion or spirituality to work towards that here and now; the only place we can confirm. And it's something that we can all have in common. I.e. the basics of respect, working together, if not loving at least not hating, and avoiding extremes.

There's the easier way of the common (mentioned above), and the hard road of pushing one's personal preferences onto everything, and never succeeding.

"Coming heaven on earth?" There's no sign of that currently. We are feverishly going in the opposite direction.
You always have kind considerate posts, I need to be more like you.

Old 05-02-2024, 03:03 AM

23,238 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am not here to "bash" the world religions but I am here to criticize them and many of the interpretations in their own words.

Take for example this one from Revelation

They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

How lovely. I might add some people take that and freely apply to certain groups of people. They are all in basic agreement as well as to this kind of apocalypse. They all agree there. No heavenly apocalypse. The main point is heaven is little better, especially interpretations that are consistent with terraforming it on earth

It also seems I am the only one here that bothers to quote the material. The rest is a personal attack again me which just proves the fruit of these mythologies.
Its not mythology when the point completely escapes you.

You posted scriptures of the final harvest not meant to show an end of the world, it is speaking to people who know the language and the language is God suddenly being inside of you and it gives us an exaggerated metaphor comparing the severity of what is being relayed

What is being relayed is if you took a 1 gallon container and had a man standing in that containing and when God steps inside you, you are pressed all the way to the bottum.

Revelation 1
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

The very first sentence tells us it's not the end of the world, and in fact, one must fulfill all the prophesies of the book in their lifetime.

To you and many Christians may see it as myth, but you arent understanding the culture of traditions and duties performed by priest and congregation in ritual or tradition.

Christian's dont study these either, and to a Christian you would be right, because to him its an unbearable myth.

On every single chapter of Revelation you can write an exact date because every single chapter has idioms, traditions, and duties that t erll us the exact date if every chapter.

To you its absurd, but to the people who can read and understand, its magic.

Old 05-06-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Its not mythology when the point completely escapes you.

You posted scriptures of the final harvest not meant to show an end of the world, it is speaking to people who know the language and the language is God suddenly being inside of you and it gives us an exaggerated metaphor comparing the severity of what is being relayed

What is being relayed is if you took a 1 gallon container and had a man standing in that containing and when God steps inside you, you are pressed all the way to the bottum.

What keeps escaping many people in this thread is that is your interpretation and what was presented was their interpretation which is specifically death hereon earth as part of the transformation to so called heaven. The video may be a reaction to those people but what the people are discussing exists independently . This is to say nothing that Christian end times have been duped to go along with it.

Quote:
Revelation 1
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

That was just an example. I am referring to the Kabbalah. Do you have any comment of the Kabbalists who intend to create heaven on earth or anticipate it?

Quote:

The very first sentence tells us it's not the end of the world, and in fact, one must fulfill all the prophesies of the book in their lifetime.

To you and many Christians may see it as myth, but you arent understanding the culture of traditions and duties performed by priest and congregation in ritual or tradition.

Christian's dont study these either, and to a Christian you would be right, because to him its an unbearable myth.

On every single chapter of Revelation you can write an exact date because every single chapter has idioms, traditions, and duties that t erll us the exact date if every chapter.

To you its absurd, but to the people who can read and understand, its magic.
People have all kinds of interpretations for Revelation. Most of if it nonsense. I can read it just fine. Its an apocalyptic description of essentially what was Josephus in the war been Rome and the Jews. Many references match according to the temple and Babylon. Rome was on the seven hills. Jerusalem was split in 3 factions. Nero's name added up to 666 . A battle on the sea of Galilee made it look like blood. The hail was the weight of Roman catapults.

All of that is not based on magic but on facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality