Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to live in a world without evil
Yes 17 73.91%
No 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The fact that people getting hurt is usually a bad thing, and being made happy is good, are big clues. …

…
Judgements of the mind. Mind is an unreliable judge limited by ignorance, bias, sickness, logic.
The quote is a good example of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
who is the "they" that is "planning to obliterate humans" ?
who exactly are you blaming for the "blurring of the sexes" and "financing it" ?

in your own words please, so readers know.

Just more proof you cannot argue faithfully starting out with another parameter and implied weakness on my part. I will start out disobeying to illustrate my contempt for this style of argument.

from Luke:
For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’

When I put things in my own words I am accused of not citing my sources. When I cite sources I am accused of being a parrot. Its all from the same Ad Hominid approach.

You can start out "they" with Isaac Luria who specifically said "they" must make all these things happen. They were the followers of Sabbatai Zevi. "They" are the followers if Jacob Frank. They is the likes of Moses Hess. They is the likes of Theodor herzl. They is the likes of Chaim Weizmann .

How can I prove anything with my "own words"? I can simply cite the Kabbalah which is full of androgyny in the messianic age. Even common sense should tell you no one asked for this. Its obviously being imposed on humanity from a very concentrated source of power. Ten years ago no one was sitting in the park and thinking , "hey why aren't we doing more for trans-sexuality". Nope, its just another well funded prophesy. Try looking into ESG score , Black Rock and how it relates to trans and how it influenced Target. Think you could do that?

https://www.sefaria.org/sheets/47468...h=all&lang2=en

Just one example.
The midrash, classical Jewish exegesis, adds that the [first human] being formed in G-d's likeness, was an androgynous, an inter-sexed, person . . . Hence, our tradition teaches that all bodies and genders are created in G-d's image, whether we identify as men, women, inter-sex, or something else.

Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,448,686 times
I would argue a world without a mind or consciousness, is an irrelevant world altogether. Its a world where nothing exists, even if there were tangible things in it. Only a mind can understand something tangible. It goes back to the saying of if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it (or see it), does it make a sound?

With this understanding, the mind is the most important thing in all existence, making good and evil more real than everything else. (If good and evil only exists in the mind) Of course this is my philosophical/spiritual estimation.

Yes this is definitely a subjective question concerning a perfect world. For me I would say a perfect world is definitely one without evil (and I would equate corruption with evil). And I highlight all evil, no matter how small because as LearnMe mentioned, sometimes naughty can be nice. I would expound and say sometimes little "evil" ways and expressions could be fun. (Like joking about someone's mishaps) A perfect world as I understand it would be devoid of it all. Something beyond our capabilities, but not beyond desire.

Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Judgements of the mind. Mind is an unreliable judge limited by ignorance, bias, sickness, logic.
Well done, your irrational dismissal means you have just argued that the Holocaust may possibly have been a good thing. After all, saying it is a bad thing is just a judgement of an unreliable mind limited by ignorance, bias and sickness. Perhaps you are not on the proverbial fence about Hitler, maybe you just think repeating your bad argument means that we will forget your original bad argument.

Religion and spirituality, just judgements of the mind. So what is the alternative? No, not that (whatever 'that' will be), believing that is an alternative is a judgement of the mind. That too.

And as all your posts are judgements of your mind, and you think logic is unreliable, you should stop lecturing people as if your unreliable judgments are valid.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
describing an act as evil or good is judgement. judgement is in the mind. the mind is not always a reliable judge, it is limited by its own sickness, bias, ignorance. some of your statements above are good examples.
Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
And that includes you. Right?

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
When it comes to the God of Christianity, He wants the universe and earth to be without evil. Now for those outside Christianity, they wouldn't agree with Yahweh's view of what is good and evil. However ultimately, we all have a sense of good and evil. So this is a spiritual question. If given the opportunity, would you want to live in a world where evil didn't exist at all? This is purely a question of desire and not about punishment. I just want to know how many here would like a world without evil? (No matter how big the evil is or how small, but it's entire eradication) Be as honest as you can. (For instance, perhaps in this perfect world, there might be zero lying. There won't be a need for lying, but would you like to live in a world without lying?)
I also have a poll with this thread.
Since Satan is the 'father' (life giver) of the lie - John 8:44 - then what could be good about the sin of telling a lie.
Liar Satan misleads - Revelation 12:9,12 - and who would want to be mislead by lies _________

Old Today, 07:42 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
describing an act as evil or good is judgement. judgement is in the mind. the mind is not always a reliable judge, it is limited by its own sickness, bias, ignorance. some of your statements above are good examples.
Well at least here you are suggesting there is something other than just God in the mind. That's refreshing.

Old Today, 07:46 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I would argue a world without a mind or consciousness, is an irrelevant world altogether. Its a world where nothing exists, even if there were tangible things in it. Only a mind can understand something tangible. It goes back to the saying of if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it (or see it), does it make a sound?

With this understanding, the mind is the most important thing in all existence, making good and evil more real than everything else. (If good and evil only exists in the mind) Of course this is my philosophical/spiritual estimation.

Yes this is definitely a subjective question concerning a perfect world. For me I would say a perfect world is definitely one without evil (and I would equate corruption with evil). And I highlight all evil, no matter how small because as LearnMe mentioned, sometimes naughty can be nice. I would expound and say sometimes little "evil" ways and expressions could be fun. (Like joking about someone's mishaps) A perfect world as I understand it would be devoid of it all. Something beyond our capabilities, but not beyond desire.
I just recently watched an amazing show on NOVA. "Your Brain, Who's in Control?"

The way the left and right hemispheres of the brain interact with one another is mind blowing (pun intended). To see how the brain functions or doesn't function, due to brain injury for example, is about as amazing as it gets! To see what parts of the brain are doing what functions and all the rest is incredible stuff. I've always known something about how the brain does what it does, but this show got into some areas I really didn't know much about. You can look it up on YouTube and if anyone doesn't agree with me, I'd like to know why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality