Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to live in a world without evil
Yes 16 80.00%
No 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 04:49 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,664 times

Advertisements

When it comes to the God of Christianity, He wants the universe and earth to be without evil. Now for those outside Christianity, they wouldn't agree with Yahweh's view of what is good and evil. However ultimately, we all have a sense of good and evil. So this is a spiritual question. If given the opportunity, would you want to live in a world where evil didn't exist at all? This is purely a question of desire and not about punishment. I just want to know how many here would like a world without evil? (No matter how big the evil is or how small, but it's entire eradication) Be as honest as you can. (For instance, perhaps in this perfect world, there might be zero lying. There won't be a need for lying, but would you like to live in a world without lying?)

I also have a poll with this thread.

Last edited by Heavenese; 04-07-2024 at 06:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 06:11 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
When it comes to the God of Christianity, He wants the universe and earth to be without evil. Now for those outside Christianity, they wouldn't agree with Yahweh's view of what is good and evil. However ultimately, we all have a sense of good and evil. So this is a spiritual question. If given the opportunity, would you want to live in a world where evil didn't exist at all? This is purely a question of desire and not about punishment. I just want to know how many here would like a world without evil? (No matter how big the evil is or how small, but it's entire eradication) Be as honest as you can. (For instance, perhaps in this perfect world, there might be zero lying. There won't be a need for lying, but would you like to live in a world without lying?)

I also have a poll with this thread.
Apologies, but you asked for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhRnmyBjOLs

Old 04-07-2024, 06:18 PM

As of your poll.....
In my worldview, there is no good or evil. We are not fit to make such judgements. Also, it is one of the Christian dogmas, tho shan't judge, as you have no measure, given onto thi.
This is why Yeshua only spoke of GOOD men. Just.... confused.....

Also, philosophically speaking, "perfect" world for me is not perfect for the and for everyone else. everyone has their OWN sense of perfect world.

Thus, your post is sort of moot....

Oh, and yes, YHWH.... the benefactor, the slaughterer of millions.... rrrrrright.....Quetzalcoatl is a child by comparison, with just human sacrifices to him...

Old 04-07-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
As of your poll.....
In my worldview, there is no good or evil. We are not fit to make such judgements. Also, it is one of the Christian dogmas, tho shan't judge, as you have no measure, given onto thi.
This is why Yeshua only spoke of GOOD men. Just.... confused.....

Also, philosophically speaking, "perfect" world for me is not perfect for the and for everyone else. everyone has their OWN sense of perfect world.

Thus, your post is sort of moot....

Oh, and yes, YHWH.... the benefactor, the slaughterer of millions.... rrrrrright.....Quetzalcoatl is a child by comparison, with just human sacrifices to him...

Well, in a general sense, all of us have an idea of good and evil. While our views of what good and evil are differ, we have that sense. Its because of this that we have laws. The laws are in theory designed to help us live good and peaceable lives. Evil interrupts good in this sense.

In a perfect world, this sense of good would be abundant, and there would be no evil at all. I'm curious, how many would want this type of world?

Old 04-07-2024, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Apologies, but you asked for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhRnmyBjOLs
Now in my take of a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for lying because all needs would be met. There wouldn't be a lack of anything, and everyone would love each other. Of course this is where our different versions of what would be considered a "perfect world" may differ, but the key here with this discussion is the elimination of evil. (No matter how big that evil is, or small)

Old 04-07-2024, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Well, in a general sense, all of us have an idea of good and evil. While our views of what good and evil are differ, we have that sense. Its because of this that we have laws. The laws are in theory designed to help us live good and peaceable lives. Evil interrupts good in this sense.

In a perfect world, this sense of good would be abundant, and there would be no evil at all. I'm curious, how many would want this type of world?
Remember, oh Jews, laws has never solved any problem

Apostle Paul

But that's political slant, no do here

All of us have OUR OWN understanding of good and evil.

We have sense because we have conscience. Conscience is gift from above. We don't have laws because of this, we have laws because society wants to protect itself.
You missing my point. For Vikings, perfect world was lots of booze, no hangover, good looking chicks, battle every day.
You can't cookie cutter perfect world for all.
And no, it will be boring like heck life. Read The Brave New World by Huxley.

Old 04-07-2024, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Now in my take of a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for lying because all needs would be met. There wouldn't be a lack of anything, and everyone would love each other. Of course this is where our different versions of what would be considered a "perfect world" may differ, but the key here with this discussion is the elimination of evil. (No matter how big that evil is, or small)
There is no darkness
Only lack of the light
There is no evil
Only lack of goodness.
Your post is dripping with too much Kool Aid for my taste. Over and out.

Old 04-07-2024, 10:23 PM

50,794 posts, read 24,297,543 times
To anyone who doesn't desire to live in a perfect world...I'll be happy to suggest some nations you could move to that aren't perfect in almost any sense.

Old 04-07-2024, 11:04 PM

2 posts, read 413 times
If there is a way to live as peacefully as you want, then. I want that.*

Old 04-08-2024, 09:36 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Wasn't the "perfect world" supposed to just be Adam and Eve lounging around in the garden... naked...just ignoring that one tree... forever.

I don't think that there was even a need for heaven back then.

But since Adam and Eve screwed up... we had the need for heaven...

And for some believers... we got that millennium thing that is going to happen. I think that is supposed to be pretty close to perfect there for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality