Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 10:20 AM

16,757 posts, read 4,968,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I don't think either one of you know the definition of "diminutive." You are not using it correctly.
1) Considering the shared misused comma after 'people', it should be obvious I simply quoted part of the post I was referring to.
2) Even if I did not know what it meant, English is my third language.
3) Correcting someone's use of English was not the point of my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 10:25 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
1) Considering the shared misused comma after 'people', it should be obvious I simply quoted part of the post I was referring to.
You're one of our best posters! By far! But I think pointing out the misuse of a word -- or perceived misuse of a word -- is appropriate in a discussion because it gets to whether or not someone can clearly understand what the other person is attempting to communicate.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:00 AM

971 posts, read 533,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Oh yeah and, just go to a battlefield and watch sworn atheists becoming ardent believers, the very moment shelling begins and their lives are endangered.
That is a myth perpetrated by religious people to justify their cognitive dissoanance about their beliefs and reality.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:57 AM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It didn't make sense is all.

Old 03-13-2024, 01:11 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I believe anyone who thinks this Earth School is run by a headmaster is truly barking up the wrong tree.

It seems to me (and what do I know?) that if you live your life in a grateful, respectful, and humble way I think you will find things generally fall into place for you. It is really all about energy and how we plan and create our own experiences for the purposes of soul-learning.

Asking for anything off of anyone else firstly denies your own innate god-given power and secondly means you answer to someone else for your existence. The point of this life is soul progression, so each person's life is a planned course of education in order to give you the real-life circumstances for you to be able to progress spiritually.

Each event is an opportunity to learn and yet if you do not pick up on the lesson, then it will be repeated in a different way to hopefully allow you to understand the lesson in a new way. Why would you want your lesson to be anything other than the best it could possibly be? After all, how many times do you want to go through the same kind of experience before the penny drops and you understand the lesson?

These might be the ramblings of a genius or a madman. You decide.

Old 03-13-2024, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I believe anyone who thinks this Earth School is run by a headmaster is truly barking up the wrong tree.

It seems to me (and what do I know?) that if you live your life in a grateful, respectful, and humble way I think you will find things generally fall into place for you. It is really all about energy and how we plan and create our own experiences for the purposes of soul-learning.

Asking for anything off of anyone else firstly denies your own innate god-given power and secondly means you answer to someone else for your existence. The point of this life is soul progression, so each person's life is a planned course of education in order to give you the real-life circumstances for you to be able to progress spiritually.

Each event is an opportunity to learn and yet if you do not pick up on the lesson, then it will be repeated in a different way to hopefully allow you to understand the lesson in a new way. Why would you want your lesson to be anything other than the best it could possibly be? After all, how many times do you want to go through the same kind of experience before the penny drops and you understand the lesson?

These might be the ramblings of a genius or a madman. You decide.
I agree with you in theory. Can you give some real life examples?

This morning, I woke up in a good mood, ready to take on the world. I was getting ready to get in the shower, so was naked (obviously), including had my glasses off. As I was stepping into the shower and just got completely wet, including my hair, I see my cat come running in with something dark black in his mouth - about the size of a quarter. He dropped it off in my bedroom (adjacent to the bathroom - I had the pocket door open). I immediately deduce it's one of those thick spiders. I have arachnophobia. I turn off the shower, grab a towel and go look and OF COURSE it's gone - and OF COURSE this happened in my bedroom where I can imagine it lurking until I pass out. It put a horrible damper on my day - triggered deep, primal fear. What would you imagine a lesson might be?

Old 03-13-2024, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're one of our best posters! By far! But I think pointing out the misuse of a word -- or perceived misuse of a word -- is appropriate in a discussion because it gets to whether or not someone can clearly understand what the other person is attempting to communicate.
And that's why I mentioned it because two people were using it and I was trying to figure out what THEY were trying to say.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:13 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I agree with you in theory. Can you give some real life examples?

This morning, I woke up in a good mood, ready to take on the world. I was getting ready to get in the shower, so was naked (obviously), including had my glasses off. As I was stepping into the shower and just got completely wet, including my hair, I see my cat come running in with something dark black in his mouth - about the size of a quarter. He dropped it off in my bedroom (adjacent to the bathroom - I had the pocket door open). I immediately deduce it's one of those thick spiders. I have arachnophobia. I turn off the shower, grab a towel and go look and OF COURSE it's gone - and OF COURSE this happened in my bedroom where I can imagine it lurking until I pass out. It put a horrible damper on my day - triggered deep, primal fear. What would you imagine a lesson might be?

OK, just one thought of many, imagine how much of a limit this fear and stress is placing on your life and wouldn't you be better off and happier if you released it(the fear).

Try Gary Craig's (emofree.com) Emotional Freedom Technique(EFT) which is free to learn and simple to do also. You may need to provide an email for the free how-to book. EFT may help and banish this fear forever. Some therapists who offer EFT offer a free first session too. Search for 'spider phobia' in emofree Search to see what others have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality