Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:03 PM

5,905 posts, read 3,802,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So speaking 'signs from god'...I was reading this weekend about the history of the Pensacola, Florida area. And, in 1559, the Spaniard Don Tristan de Luna y Arellano led the first settlement of the region. He had 11 ships and 1500 settlers. In August 1559 Catholic a friar conducted what may have been the first Christian religious service in the present-day United States. A very few weeks later a hurricane decimated the colony, killing hundreds and sinking 5 ships. A long tern famine resulted and there was much infighting. That first settlement was abandoned less than 2 years later.

Now, you christians who brag about god helping you find your car keys, why wasn't that hurricane of destruction a sign from god that christianity should never have been established on the North American continent???
Ha excellent point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:30 PM

5,905 posts, read 3,802,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I guess she told me lol
But the question here is....WHO told you? Sounds a lot like a Hayle White response. Funny how you'll never see the two of them posting at the same time. You never know who is insulting you. Ooops, looks like Hayle isn't around anymore. So I guess it came straight from the horse's patootie.

It's sort of like Michael Jackson and his sister LaToya....some said they were one in the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality