Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2024, 09:30 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Good — stay out — don’t waste your time here on this thread anymore.
The moderators here on this forum are quick To catch the slightest inaccuracy a Christian makes, but totally ignore the insults, ridicule, hate-mongering, lies, and inaccuracies of the atheists.
Even one of the moderators here called Christians smug-faced. Pheterol talks about Christians being lobotomized…..and NADA
I can PM you with some healthier spiritual forums

Hope you catch this post as mods won’t let it stay up…
It's a dictomy lobotomy as evidence by the extremes of ultimate good vs ultimate evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 09:33 AM

29,543 posts, read 9,707,420 times
Quote:
The moderators here on this forum are quick To catch the slightest inaccuracy a Christian makes, but totally ignore the insults, ridicule, hate-mongering, lies, and inaccuracies of the atheists.
Even one of the moderators here called Christians smug-faced. Pheterol talks about Christians being lobotomized…..and NADA

I am more than a little surprised by reading this post. I have that kind of trouble in the P&OC forum. In spades, but not in this forum. I don't know how long your comment can remain public, because discussing moderation in any forum is strictly forbidden and carries a punishment of death or worse. So you take care now!

Old 04-19-2024, 09:36 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Quatsch, you simply could not handle having your assertions and anecdotes being questioned, nor could you answer any of the questions asked of you. I saw no atheist lie or tell any inaccuracies, although I did see you deny the science you appear to be ignorant about.

No, they were talking about smug faced Christians, not all Christians.

Again, not all Christians, and I doubt he was being serious.

This forum would be healthier if we had more intelligent, honest theists.
I know that feeling. I was pissed at Micheal Shermer for a minute there as I watched him explain my experiences I assumed there was no logical explanation for. I was willing to accept being wrong tho. It was disappointing but I didn't have other belief that one day every abuse was made whole.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:42 AM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, it is a rational position to take considering the impact and imprint of Jesus on human history, while profound, is based on the allegorical fiction of Mark, all it's rewrites, and the many inventions from the second century AD and later sold by one particular sect pushing it's version of 'history while attacking every other version.

If you look at the rare source material from before Mark, we get a divine being or angel revealed only in (mostly) OT scripture or revelation, with one (Epistle to the Hebrews) specifically saying the one and only sacrifice of Jesus was in heavenly temple not built by huaman hands. Maybe this high Christology was added to a historical person, but we do not know that. It could also be that the high Christology came first, and Mark invented the human Jesus as an allegory to sell Paul's teachings to rescue what may have been (according to Pliny the Younger) a dying religion.
You may be surprised I agree with you about the High Christology. His human body is the "heavenly temple not built by human hands." It is a spiritual understanding that was not amenable to the carnal minds of our primitive ancestors. The "carnal milk" version resonated and has dominated for over two millennia and counting.

Old 04-19-2024, 12:26 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
By now most everyone knows that the OP was being disingenuous. And that is a reflection on him.

He is the one operating under false pretenses. So, for those who have shared, he and others like him, can't take anything away from you.

Injustices all around...It's good to know and look to the One True God.
Which is?

Old 04-19-2024, 12:33 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:

You made a very good post earlier in this thread which could be expanded upon.
There is some ad hominem that goes in here but it comes from both sides.
I, like you wish the ad hominem could be left aside.
But this forum is overall beneficial as I see it. It's been beneficial to me anyways to help me learn about why people believe. I think we all learn something here even if it's by a sort of slow osmosis. Otherwise I don't know why the heck people are here. If all I want is insults I can find that on Twitter (x).

Old 04-19-2024, 12:38 PM

50,776 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:

Still haven't learned the written use of the word hyperbole?

But, of course, it's okay for those christians who tell sinners that they will burn in hell for eternity.

Old 04-19-2024, 12:39 PM

50,776 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I figure mountainrose and farm108 may be onto something. Maybe it is best to leave the forum to all the Atheist's. All their comments are getting rather old. Move on to something new. My life is better when I stay off the internet. I'll just hold onto all the things I didn't get to share here. I have no need to contend with Atheist's, as that seems to be what they enjoy in their self-amusement.
Okay. Be our guest.

Old 04-19-2024, 02:15 PM

17,780 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:

I kind of see the atheists as doing you a service on here.

That is if you believe what the Bible says...

Matthew 5:11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven."

Seems like if you hang around here for a while.... you would have a whole boatload of rewards awaiting you in heaven.

Old 04-19-2024, 03:38 PM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I kind of see the atheists as doing you a service on here.

That is if you believe what the Bible says...

Matthew 5:11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven."

Seems like if you hang around here for a while.... you would have a whole boatload of rewards awaiting you in heaven.
I am not a proponent of the reward/punish role of God but atheists are so badly mistaken about the existence of God their mocking should roll off theist backs like water off a duck. The atheist view is understandable given the rationales on offer for God in the extant religions, IMO. It isn't their fault that this material Reality conditions us to believe we are physical beings, not spiritual. Only our consciousness evidences our Spirit by its uniqueness from everything else in the physical realm. Only in our consciousness can we even conceive of God which is why the atheist accusation that it is all in our mind has merit. But ultimately what is in our mind IS what is important about our lives here, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality