Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2024, 06:34 AM

88,665 posts, read 84,959,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL
Well, bless YOUR heart !
That's called "skirting the profanity filter".

Old 04-21-2024, 06:49 AM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's called "skirting the profanity filter".
Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2024, 07:07 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,753,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Mordant, I really wish you would stop the cheap shots trying to force your political opinions when nobody can debate you because it's against the rules and should be. I dont want to talk about illegal immigrants or the border problem.
You don't visit this thread very often and here you pop in only to complain about one post when there are a good many others you can focus upon instead and/or simply pass over this one. Not only this, but you are doing exactly what was being criticized before. About misrepresenting others. How you get a "cheap shot" out of that comment I really don't know, and "when nobody can debate you?" Anyone can debate here, whether within the rules or not. Off-topic often happens in this forum anyway, and if you want to debate something like immigration policy and/or the border problem, simply go to the P&OC forum!

Since the P&OC forum is mostly just an exercise in beating one's head against the wall while also pounding sand, sometimes I enjoy touching on political issues in this forum instead.

Old 04-21-2024, 08:09 AM

17,825 posts, read 13,738,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You don't visit this thread very often and here you pop in only to complain about one post when there are a good many others you can focus upon instead and/or simply pass over this one. Not only this, but you are doing exactly what was being criticized before. About misrepresenting others. How you get a "cheap shot" out of that comment I really don't know, and "when nobody can debate you?" Anyone can debate here, whether within the rules or not. Off-topic often happens in this forum anyway, and if you want to debate something like immigration policy and/or the border problem, simply go to the P&OC forum!

Since the P&OC forum is mostly just an exercise in beating one's head against the wall while also pounding sand, sometimes I enjoy touching on political issues in this forum instead.
I'm beginning to think that any multipage thread that stays on topic might be that "manifestation from God" that you were looking for.

Old 04-21-2024, 10:42 AM

50,918 posts, read 24,424,171 times
So speaking 'signs from god'...I was reading this weekend about the history of the Pensacola, Florida area. And, in 1559, the Spaniard Don Tristan de Luna y Arellano led the first settlement of the region. He had 11 ships and 1500 settlers. In August 1559 Catholic a friar conducted what may have been the first Christian religious service in the present-day United States. A very few weeks later a hurricane decimated the colony, killing hundreds and sinking 5 ships. A long tern famine resulted and there was much infighting. That first settlement was abandoned less than 2 years later.

Now, you christians who brag about god helping you find your car keys, why wasn't that hurricane of destruction a sign from god that christianity should never have been established on the North American continent???

Old 04-21-2024, 01:02 PM

20,064 posts, read 13,524,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So speaking 'signs from god'...I was reading this weekend about the history of the Pensacola, Florida area. And, in 1559, the Spaniard Don Tristan de Luna y Arellano led the first settlement of the region. He had 11 ships and 1500 settlers. In August 1559 Catholic a friar conducted what may have been the first Christian religious service in the present-day United States. A very few weeks later a hurricane decimated the colony, killing hundreds and sinking 5 ships. A long tern famine resulted and there was much infighting. That first settlement was abandoned less than 2 years later.

Now, you christians who brag about god helping you find your car keys, why wasn't that hurricane of destruction a sign from god that christianity should never have been established on the North American continent???
Maybe it's evidence that god is protestant??

Old 04-21-2024, 03:10 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:

I guess he told me lol

Old 04-21-2024, 04:05 PM

22,304 posts, read 19,272,896 times
Quote:

you know that politics are not to be discussed in this forum, and you do it anyway.
same with mordant.

i agree 100% with what Hanni said. His insights are spot on, as they so often are.

Old 04-21-2024, 06:07 PM

50,918 posts, read 24,424,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Maybe it's evidence that god is protestant??
Must be a sign of something!

Old 04-22-2024, 07:53 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,753,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
you know that politics are not to be discussed in this forum, and you do it anyway.
same with mordant.

i agree 100% with what Hanni said. His insights are spot on, as they so often are.
I guess she told me lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality