Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 11:35 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHz4slbIRyE

I think its all BS. I see lots of people who did nothing wrong in life face the wrong kind of fates-getting killed or harmed. What vibes or attraction did they put out to get what happened? No one wants to say life is a crap shoot cause it would break the self help industry. You could wake up totally ready to knock out the world than some drunk driver coud take out your life next hour. I tried that raise your vibration method of thinking earlier this year and realized it was just some life coach with nothing to add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2023, 11:42 AM

1,204 posts, read 533,211 times
There will be no convincing you.

Each person vibrates at a particular frequency and attracts things from that frequency. Everything is energy and energy frequency can be measured (see Schumann Resonance, EMF machines, etc.)

You can learn more about it by watching Abraham Hicks and Bashar videos (Bashar presents weirdly, but the content is good).

What made you even think about this if it's not something you "believe" is "real?"

Old 08-26-2023, 11:45 AM

The vid you posted is produced by a guy who profits from coaching people - which is fine - but not even seconds into the video, his own commercials are running.

Old 08-26-2023, 12:08 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
If you use it correctly, the Law of Attraction will abolutely work--in most areas. There are one or two areas in every person's life that are what I would call Life Lesson or Challenge areas. These cannot so easily be changed with the Law of Attraction, because they represent things that we need to experience in order to learn and grow.

In my lifetime, I have used the Law of Attraction to acquire or achieve many things, large and small. But you have to have the right mindset, and use the proper wording. If for example you think you are doing it, but at the same time you are thinking repeatedly, "This will never work for me," the Universe will say, "No problem, I can make it so that this will never work for you." Similarly if you say something like, "I want to try to lose weight," the Universe will be like, "Easy peasy, you'll keep trying and trying to lose weight."

What you focus on expands. Try it with something small to begin with, not a huge raise or winning the lottery (which by the way is a Life Path Lesson issue, so the Law of Attraction probably actually won't work with that unless it is part of your life path work to understand what it is like to suspect every friend and family member of just liking you for your money).

Also, you have to be alert for what is being offered, and you have to put in the work. You can't just say, "Thank you, Universe, that I now have received a huge raise," and in the meantime slack off at your job or ignore opportunities for advancement when they are offered to you.

Old 08-26-2023, 04:16 PM

How do I manifest the winning lottery numbers? If these gurus and coaches are so good why don't they think and believe the mega millions numbers are mine to come true as winnings for me.

Old 08-26-2023, 04:42 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
I'm familiar with this, but still not sure what I think about it.

Old 08-26-2023, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
If you use it correctly, the Law of Attraction will abolutely work--in most areas. There are one or two areas in every person's life that are what I would call Life Lesson or Challenge areas. These cannot so easily be changed with the Law of Attraction, because they represent things that we need to experience in order to learn and grow.

In my lifetime, I have used the Law of Attraction to acquire or achieve many things, large and small. But you have to have the right mindset, and use the proper wording. If for example you think you are doing it, but at the same time you are thinking repeatedly, "This will never work for me," the Universe will say, "No problem, I can make it so that this will never work for you." Similarly if you say something like, "I want to try to lose weight," the Universe will be like, "Easy peasy, you'll keep trying and trying to lose weight."

What you focus on expands. Try it with something small to begin with, not a huge raise or winning the lottery (which by the way is a Life Path Lesson issue, so the Law of Attraction probably actually won't work with that unless it is part of your life path work to understand what it is like to suspect every friend and family member of just liking you for your money).

Also, you have to be alert for what is being offered, and you have to put in the work. You can't just say, "Thank you, Universe, that I now have received a huge raise," and in the meantime slack off at your job or ignore opportunities for advancement when they are offered to you.
How did you identify the bolded as being a Life Path issue?

I have a circumstance in my life that is very challenging and I can't seem to make headway with - How can I figure out how to work with it?

Old 08-26-2023, 05:15 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHz4slbIRyE

I think its all BS. I see lots of people who did nothing wrong in life face the wrong kind of fates-getting killed or harmed. What vibes or attraction did they put out to get what happened? No one wants to say life is a crap shoot cause it would break the self help industry. You could wake up totally ready to knock out the world than some drunk driver coud take out your life next hour. I tried that raise your vibration method of thinking earlier this year and realized it was just some life coach with nothing to add.
One of the most unsavory aspects of the whole "you make your own reality" trope is that it is inherently, soullessly cruel. If people make their own realty then they are at fault for all their pain and sorrow; it is self-inflicted. If they "won't believe", it is their own shortcoming. Conversely if your life has gone well, you can congratulate yourself for your own brilliance. It works great for the fortunate, not so great for others.

Old 08-26-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
One of the most unsavory aspects of the whole "you make your own reality" trope is that it is inherently, soullessly cruel. If people make their own realty then they are at fault for all their pain and sorrow; it is self-inflicted. If they "won't believe", it is their own shortcoming. Conversely if your life has gone well, you can congratulate yourself for your own brilliance. It works great for the fortunate, not so great for others.

It’s a no lose Ponzi scheme for the coaches.
Buy more books if you didn’t manifest your goals
If you did leave me a good review.

Old 08-26-2023, 06:44 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
If an idea has taken hold somewhere in the world, there is some truth that is being shared that allows for a little more control in one's life if one is ignorant of the basics. It is similar to a talk show financial advisor who shares basic financial advice with those who have been irresponsible with their money or have been ignorant of finances. It helps them gain a little more control in their life, but it has limitations and the coaches don't guide people through those limitations. That is where the weakness occurs. If a coach doesn't guide a person through the limitation or doesn't take the person to the next step for independence, then they are not really a coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality