Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 04:31 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Hinduism is also not a monolithic religion, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Hinduism is not monolithic.
Thank you for your non-correction.

Quote:
What religions that you ...
and Hindus,

Quote:
... call Hinduism polytheistic and pandeists? Can you name them?
Yes, Hindus. Go ask a Hindu. Or check Wikipedia. Or read von Glasenapp, Zimmer, Schumann, or any English equivalent.

Do not just sit there on your high horse, non-correcting me, ride it into town and get some books to learn about your own religion.

Old 06-11-2023, 04:35 AM

I will ask this again as you appear to be evading the difficult questions you have no rational answer for.

Quote:
It is a good question.
The abuse of a child falls on all of us. We all equally share the suffering of the child and the responsibility for the abuse. All actions against Dharma, the Cosmic law and order, have repercussions. The adult abuser is often the product of abuse and violence himself. His actions cause suffering to all of us. Only if you think you are an isolated being would you think the suffering the child endures is his alone. It is not. We are one soul, one spirit, divided by bodies that are unreal.
The consequences of actions against Dharma will bear fruit. But by cosmic time, which is not same as sun up to sun down. The atrocities of the past will bear fruit, but not according to our sense of time and place. Only acts of kindness and compassion will mitigate the suffering we all are bound to endure. This is the reason all religions teach kindness and compassion above all else.
Quote:
Ignoring the fact you have no evidence for this Cosmic law, how can it be justice when an innocent child suffers for the crimes of others?

Old 06-11-2023, 07:26 AM

15,973 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:

and Hindus,

Yes, Hindus. Go ask a Hindu. Or check Wikipedia. Or read von Glasenapp, Zimmer, Schumann, or any English equivalent.

Do not just sit there on your high horse, non-correcting me, ride it into town and get some books to learn about your own religion.
So you know zilch. When you make claims you know nothing about provide a source and a credible link.
But that is ok. Hinduism is huge, an encyclopedia by itself. Even Hindus only know the small piece they practice and they dont care what ‘ism it is. Only atheists seem obsessed with naming it. Hindus simply live it. This is the reason Vedanta teaches knowledge as supreme. Not wikipedia.

Old 06-12-2023, 06:41 AM

Quote:
So you know zilch.
Because I corrected you with something you did not know, that Hinduism is a complex system with different theological beliefs?

Quote:
When you make claims you know nothing about provide a source and a credible link.
When ...

Instead of preaching what you are usually guilty of, practice it.

Also, I gave you three German names because I do not know any English writers on Hinduism. I presume you can Google actual experts if you want to learn for your self.

Quote:
But that is ok. Hinduism is huge, an encyclopedia by itself. Even Hindus only know the small piece they practice and they dont care what ‘ism it is.
I know. I explained this to you.

Quote:
Only atheists seem obsessed with naming it.
You are not an atheist, you claimed Hinduism is monist, remember?

Quote:
Hindus simply live it. This is the reason Vedanta teaches knowledge as supreme. Not wikipedia.
OK, then ask another Hindu. One who knows more than you.

Old 06-12-2023, 07:19 AM

412 posts, read 138,050 times
Quote:
So you know zilch. When you make claims you know nothing about provide a source and a credible link.
But that is ok. Hinduism is huge, an encyclopedia by itself. Even Hindus only know the small piece they practice and they dont care what ‘ism it is. Only atheists seem obsessed with naming it. Hindus simply live it. This is the reason Vedanta teaches knowledge as supreme. Not wikipedia.
Remember, Atheist desire to be free to practice their non-belief. You are getting some type of bonus on how to believe correctly.

Old 06-12-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
Remember, Atheist desire to be free to practice their non-belief. You are getting some type of bonus on how to believe correctly.
Yes. Atheists have all the answers. Even when they don’t they believe it to existence. Faith maybe.

Old 06-12-2023, 08:34 AM

412 posts, read 138,050 times
Quote:
Yes. Atheists have all the answers. Even when they don’t they believe it to existence. Faith maybe.
Not all express those sentiments.

Old 06-12-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
That is a handy caveat, yes.

Old 06-12-2023, 10:31 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
Quote:
Yes. Atheists have all the answers.
I thought you had that status to be facetious and snarky.

To me, no one has "all the answers" (definitely including myself). Even the best of groups seem to lack a majority of answers. The power of one and the individual is significant, but no group. Oh well.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 06-12-2023 at 10:48 AM..

Old 06-12-2023, 12:59 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:

and Hindus,

Quote:
Quote:
Because I corrected you with something you did not know, that Hinduism is a complex system with different theological beliefs?

When ...

Instead of preaching what you are usually guilty of, practice it.

Also, I gave you three German names because I do not know any English writers on Hinduism. I presume you can Google actual experts if you want to learn for your self.

I know. I explained this to you.

You are not an atheist, you claimed Hinduism is monist, remember?

OK, then ask another Hindu. One who knows more than you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That is a handy caveat, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I thought you had that status to be facetious and snarky.

To me, no one has "all the answers" (definitely including myself). Even the best of groups seem to lack a majority of answers. The power of one and the individual is significant, but no group. Oh well.
This thread has gotten ridiculous. Time to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.