Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 06:32 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Let me do my best to 'splain it. It's really just a matter of Human Nature.
Champions typically revel in the glory of their position. Christianity is the "World Champion Theological Concept".
To "win" enough to become "The Champion" necessarily requires lots of "losers" left in the wake...sometimes it isn't pretty.
Champions typically take a bit of exception to challenges from Wannabes and Neverweres. It's not "sensitivity" per se...it's just the typical posture of the Alpha.
That's just The Way Of The World...and not at all unique to Christianity.
Also...The Champion typically dictates the terms.
That is the privilege and power of being The Champ...and Christianity has been The Champion ideology for over 1000 years!
Their feeling about that is nothing more than basic human nature.
Just as those on the "Ever Losing Team" whining about The Champion is typical behavior.
Where have we heard this all before. Oh yes, I remember: "Might makes right". Certainly a principle to be proud of. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe we should go back to a previous group of champions of the world...Rome. Let the games begin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 07:10 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Where have we heard this all before. Oh yes, I remember: "Might makes right". Certainly a principle to be proud of. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe we should go back to a previous group of champions of the world...Rome. Let the games begin!
No. "Might" does not necessarily "make right".
But it typically does rule. Like any Government over its Citizens...a boss over those they are in charge of...etc, etc.
That's a fact of how things go down in this world. Think what you want of it...though it won't change it, no matter your assessment.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No. "Might" does not necessarily "make right".
But it typically does rule. Like any Government over its Citizens...a boss over those they are in charge of...etc, etc.
That's a fact of how things go down in this world. Think what you want of it...though it won't change it, no matter your assessment.
And take this as a fact -- the minorities are not going to just lie down and take it.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:32 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And take this as a fact -- the minorities are not going to just lie down and take it.
What the heck are you talking about?

What rules the voting booth?---THE MAJORITY!
What rules the marketplace?---THE MAJORITY!
What rules the media?---THE MAJORITY!
What rules social interaction?---THE MAJORITY!

THE MAJORITY is sooooooo powerful...it can be "wrong", and still dominate!...it's the consummate ruler.
The Majority is sooooooo powerful it can take a fallacy position and steamroll over a position of truth with it. The truth may still be truth...but it's "crushed" as far as having any power or influence.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:36 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Tell me...what "Christian nation", do you compare to the radical Islamist nation of Iran? How about the now Taliban-controlled Afghanistan? Is there a "Christian nation" that tosses gay people off rooftops? That forces people to convert on penalty of death?
Iran is far from the only country with a Muslim majority. Maybe its only as Muslim as Uganda is Christian.

Unfaid to judge billion people based on what happens in just one country, especially when you avoid addressing Uganda much like you avoid or deny the verses in your Bible you wish said something different.I

It is only a Christian poster here that is so sensitive that anytime something negative is mentioned about his religion he feels it is necessary ro attack a different religion.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:10 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Iran is far from the only country with a Muslim majority. Maybe its only as Muslim as Uganda is Christian.
They're an Islamic theocracy.
Quote:
Unfaid to judge billion people based on what happens in just one country, especially when you avoid addressing Uganda much like you avoid or deny the verses in your Bible you wish said something different.I
I've corrected you in the fact that Uganda is not doing what you claimed they are doing.
Quote:
It is only a Christian poster here that is so sensitive that anytime something negative is mentioned about his religion he feels it is necessary ro attack a different religion.
The question asked by the OP was "Do you think Christians are the most sensitive group?" I think to answer that, we need to address the actions done by those of other religions.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
...I think to answer that, we need to address the actions done by those of other religions.
Yes, true...unless what you're really saying is 'well, we're not as bad as they are'.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:

I've corrected you in the fact that Uganda is not doing what you claimed they are doing.

The question asked by the OP was "Do you think Christians are the most sensitive group?" I think to answer that, we need to address the actions done by those of other religions.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Uganda

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1WP1GN

https://vancouversun.com/news/in-uga...uld-mean-death

You questioned if Uganda was Christian, not if they punished gays. And i said that it was a lenghly prision sentence for gays . Are you denying that.I

Again Iran is a nation not a religion. Same as Hitlers Germany did not represent Christianity or whites or Europeons

Old 01-21-2022, 12:45 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Uganda

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1WP1GN

https://vancouversun.com/news/in-uga...uld-mean-death

You questioned if Uganda was Christian, not if they punished gays. And i said that it was a lenghly prision sentence for gays . Are you denying that.I
Uganda is addressing the issue of pedophilia against minor boys. That's the issue.

Quote:
Again Iran is a nation not a religion. Same as Hitlers Germany did not represent Christianity or whites or Europeons
Iran is an Islamic theocracy.

The point though, is that when the OP asked if CHRISTIANS are the most sensitive group, the fact is that there are people representing other religions that do blow people up for offending them. They force conversion on pain of death. I don't know of any Christians that do that.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:

You also claimed that Muslim majority nations killed those that did not convert and upon me showing you that many of those nations in fact have a higher percentage of non Muslims than your country has non Christian you again focused on Iran as if it represents the entire religion.

Do you admit that Iran is not the only Muslim led country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality