Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 07:54 PM

10,537 posts, read 6,183,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wise Shopper needs to do some wise shopping for a less money-grubbing church more in keeping with the "mind of Christ" who chased the money-grubbers out of the Temple.
Now that's a good point.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:58 PM

10,537 posts, read 6,183,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I remember one priest said last year during the lockdown that not going to church leads to a loss of faith. And loss of faith can land you in hell. And hell is far scarier than the Coronavirus.

Hate to admit it, but he does have a point...
Go to church then. What are you asking us for?

I hope you've been vaccinated.
If not I have zero sympathy.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:14 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,427,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Go to church then. What are you asking us for?

I hope you've been vaccinated.
If not I have zero sympathy.
Of course I’ve been vaccinated and so have these two priests that got infected!!

At this point, do you honestly think the vaccine works? Omicron evidently appears to be vaccine resistant!

Old 01-09-2022, 08:15 PM

10,918 posts, read 7,440,288 times
Stay home and stay safe. Go to confession later.

How about suggesting to your bishop that they offer mass on zoom or something, so people don't have to risk their health during a pandemic. They could set up a PayPal account to pass the basket.

I remember being too sick to go to mass one Sunday when I was about 6 years old. I thought that condemned me to hell. I'm all grown up now, and know better.

Quote:
Of course I’ve been vaccinated and so have these two priests that got infected!!
At this point, do you honestly think the vaccine works? Omicron evidently appears to be vaccine resistant!
the vaccine works very well for the virus it was designed for. It works pretty well on omicron, too, vastly reducing the severity of symptoms. 95% of hospitalized covid patients are unvaxxed.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Stay home and stay safe. Go to confession later.

How about suggesting to your bishop that they offer mass on zoom or something, so people don't have to risk their health during a pandemic. They could set up a PayPal account to pass the basket.

I remember being too sick to go to mass one Sunday when I was about 6 years old. I thought that condemned me to hell. I'm all grown up now, and know better.
They do live stream mass, but they said that should only be used if you’re sick and can’t attend. If you’re well enough, then we should be attending in person. And they said fear shouldn’t stop anyone. If we’re not afraid to go to stores and touch things there that everyone else touched, then we are not truly afraid and should be attending mass. And they claim that church is safer than the supermarket, so if we are going to the supermarket, then we should be going to church.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:20 PM

10,918 posts, read 7,440,288 times
Then it sounds like you should stop going to the supermarket.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Then it sounds like you should stop going to the supermarket.
Lol, then it’s either I die from Covid or die from hunger!

Old 01-09-2022, 08:29 PM

Quote:
the vaccine works very well for the virus it was designed for. It works pretty well on omicron, too, vastly reducing the severity of symptoms. 95% of hospitalized covid patients are unvaxxed.
I’m not denying that the vaccine reduces symptoms and while that’s great, we need something would PREVENT infection as well, especially something like this that spreads like wildfire!

Even though many vaxxed people aren’t landing in the hospital, they are still getting really sick!

Old 01-09-2022, 08:29 PM

50,979 posts, read 24,467,741 times
Quote:

That's not correct information.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:31 PM

16,728 posts, read 15,727,874 times
Quote:
They do live stream mass, but they said that should only be used if you’re sick and can’t attend. If you’re well enough, then we should be attending in person. And they said fear shouldn’t stop anyone. If we’re not afraid to go to stores and touch things there that everyone else touched, then we are not truly afraid and should be attending mass. And they claim that church is safer than the supermarket, so if we are going to the supermarket, then we should be going to church.
Don't take plumbing advice from a lawyer. Don't take legal advice from a plumber.

Don't ask your doctor for religious advice. Don't rely on priests or bishops for medical advice.

The evidence is that they are talking about touching things at the supermarket while the doctors tell us the virus is airborne.

Your religious leaders are giving you bad medical advice. Listen to them at your own risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality