Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2008, 09:16 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,715 times

Advertisements

May we all rest in peace, love and harmony this night.

<>< weather...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 02:14 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,021,362 times
Finding a place where the people respect other's beliefs and take the time to listen is extraordinary. Glad I slipped in here.

While traveling in Ireland I studied and learned about Druidism and found parts and pieces of it that fit me completely. I absorbed that Celtic spirit and brought some home with me.

While traveling in Australia I studied the Aboriginal beliefs of the Dreamtime and all that their incredible spirituality encompasses and I absorbed bits and pieces of that and brought some of it home with me.

While traveling in Japan I studied the Buddhist philosophy (it really is not a religion) and the remarkable belief that the purpose of life is to be happy. I listened and learned and absorbed bits & pieces of it and I brought some of it home with me.

To me, "God" is the source of life, in all of us, available to all of us, no matter what form we believe that source may take. The safety and wonder of this circle, or others like it, is that we have the fredom of spirit to share our beliefs. Thank you.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:37 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Esselcue, you are so welcome here, and we look forward to learning from you also, or to just enjoy making our circle a little larger as we share the peace and love of the creator...

Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,715 times
Tonight is a great night for rest and mediation. I think that I will sit and enjoy the love that is felt here inside the circle.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:10 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
esselcue, it is good to have you join the sacred circle, you have proven that if we sit and listen and learn and open our minds, we can learn from many different cultures and beliefs. It is not necessary for us to believe in one single way, our creator has given us the free will to do this and it's only right that we should all do this, we can honor our creator by learning about many different paths in order to find our own.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:24 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,580,782 times
Why does this thread remind me of a Spongebob episode? LOL

Old 06-11-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Why does this thread remind me of a Spongebob episode? LOL
Interesting analogy, would you please explain.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:33 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,580,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Interesting analogy, would you please explain.
I was watching spongebob and something about the very proper wording of many of these posts reminded me of the way he talks. He's a good guy. It's cool.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
I suppose I can start (or continue, if someone posts before I finish this ).

When a Wiccan (solitary or coven) casts a circle, it's considered a place where the divine and the mortal meet, and it contains the energy of all those participating in the ritual. Generally, crossing the circle without first opening a 'doorway' in the perimiter will dispell the circle and disperse the energy within before it should be.

Likewise, a circle is considered a somewhat sacred shape: it has no true beginning or end, and often symbolizes rebirth and constant renewal.

Considering most people here don't believe in a God - just who is this Divine being and what is this doorway? Dispersing what energy? Frankly, people will believe in anything but mention Jesus and they get freaked out. Christians are told their beliefs are rubbish and yet the stuff they believe in!!! Crystals with powers, buddas that bring good luck when you rub their tummies, black cats and their powers - all sorts!! I'd rather just believe in the God of the Bible thanks.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Considering most people here don't believe in a God - just who is this Divine being and what is this doorway? Dispersing what energy? Frankly, people will believe in anything but mention Jesus and they get freaked out. Christians are told their beliefs are rubbish and yet the stuff they believe in!!! Crystals with powers, buddas that bring good luck when you rub their tummies, black cats and their powers - all sorts!! I'd rather just believe in the God of the Bible thanks.
jennaflorrie, that's just what this sacred circle is all about, we are not here to criticize or be judgmental of others, you are free to worship as you please without fear of being criticized by others here in this sacred circle and we ask the same of you. We are here to listen and learn, not to be judgmental, we give respect and we expect the same from you and anyone else in this sacred circle, nothing more. You're welcome to stay and sit with us for a while if you wish, no one here will criticize or be judgmental of you one way or the other. osay

and you may be surprised how many here do believe in the Christian God.

Last edited by ptsum; 06-11-2008 at 12:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality