Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 08:10 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times

Advertisements

Mother Teresa

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.

Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.

Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.

Good works are links that form a chain of love.

God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.

Mohandas Gandhi

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.

A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.

All the religions of the world, while they may differ in other respects, unitedly proclaim that nothing lives in this world but Truth.

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.

Paramahansa Yogananda

Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.

Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along.

The happiness of one's own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one's own happiness, the happiness of others.

The man form is higher than the angel form; of all forms it is the highest. Man is the highest being in creation, because he aspires to freedom.

There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.

Truth is exact correspondence with reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 AM

398 posts, read 819,300 times
Thank you for the invitation Ptsum. It is with a humble heart and gratitude that I join the sacred circle. Greetings to the 4 directions, mother earth, and father sky.
It is with the hopes that we all gain peace and wisdom that I share this dream with you:
I dreamed that I was to be honored by a great ceremony. All of the clan was there. I was given a beautiful white beaded buckskin dress to wear. The teepee was the largest I had ever seen. The "chief" that was to be giving the ceremony was handsome and to be honored in his fine regalia. As the handsome and honored chief and I stood in the center of the teepee with all the clan in a circle around us, and the ceremony about to begin, there was a commotion at the entrance. A terribly ragged and dirty "chief" from another clan came through the opening. He was sweaty, and stinking, and obviously had a "load" in his pants! I was horrified that my beautiful ceremony was to be interrupted by such a thing. The scuzzy chief started berating the handsome chief and then he reached in his pants, withdrew a handful of smelly crap, and threw it at the honorable chief! To my amazement, the good and noble chief reached out his hand and caught the crap, and before everyones eyes, it instantly turned to a piece of cake. At that moment everyone started laughing, congratulating each other and the ceremony was over, leaving me to ponder the message of this incident.
Many thoughts have come along with this dream but two seem to stand out:
1)Lighten up..don't be too serious
2)Even when something seems to be bad, maybe there is a way to change it.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Can you explain "hoop of the people" please?
All of us are the "hoop of the people" you,me, and all of mankind, it makes no difference what the color of your skin is or what your belief is, we are all responsible for what we do. Chief Seattle once said, Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connected. We are but one small part of this creation we call Mother Earth.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
Thank you for the invitation Ptsum. It is with a humble heart and gratitude that I join the sacred circle. Greetings to the 4 directions, mother earth, and father sky.
It is with the hopes that we all gain peace and wisdom that I share this dream with you:
I dreamed that I was to be honored by a great ceremony. All of the clan was there. I was given a beautiful white beaded buckskin dress to wear. The teepee was the largest I had ever seen. The "chief" that was to be giving the ceremony was handsome and to be honored in his fine regalia. As the handsome and honored chief and I stood in the center of the teepee with all the clan in a circle around us, and the ceremony about to begin, there was a commotion at the entrance. A terribly ragged and dirty "chief" from another clan came through the opening. He was sweaty, and stinking, and obviously had a "load" in his pants! I was horrified that my beautiful ceremony was to be interrupted by such a thing. The scuzzy chief started berating the handsome chief and then he reached in his pants, withdrew a handful of smelly crap, and threw it at the honorable chief! To my amazement, the good and noble chief reached out his hand and caught the crap, and before everyones eyes, it instantly turned to a piece of cake. At that moment everyone started laughing, congratulating each other and the ceremony was over, leaving me to ponder the message of this incident.
Many thoughts have come along with this dream but two seem to stand out:
1)Lighten up..don't be too serious
2)Even when something seems to be bad, maybe there is a way to change it.

good story Badland, there may be a third one, do not take everyone at face value, it seems as though your dream of the ceremony also included the trickster...........and welcome to the sacred circle.osay

Old 05-07-2008, 10:42 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
All of us are the "hoop of the people" you,me, and all of mankind, it makes no difference what the color of your skin is or what your belief is, we are all responsible for what we do. Chief Seattle once said, Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connected. We are but one small part of this creation we call Mother Earth.
I see, that makes perfect sense to me. Thank you.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:11 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times
How wonderful it is to come here and be accepted no matter what you believe, to respected as a person with feelings and thoughts that matter.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
There's something very comforting about this circle isn't there?

((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm in a lovey mood...as usual. Thanks for being here guys

Old 05-08-2008, 11:35 AM

We are all children of the Universe, regardless of what our different cultures and religions are, if you take a look at the Earth from the outside you will see that there are no boundaries, no lines to tell us where we can go and not go, these are man's inventions, these boundaries, not the creators. Mother Earth knows no such boundaries.

Many years ago a very wise spiritual leader by the name of Black Elk spoke these words.

The True Peace
The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realized their relationship,their oneness, with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us. This is the real peace, and the others are but reflections of this. The second peace is that which is made between two individuals, and the third is that which is made between two nations. But above all you should understand that there can never be peace between nations until there is known that true peace, which, as I have often said, is within the souls of men.

Last edited by ptsum; 05-08-2008 at 11:54 AM..

Old 05-09-2008, 01:15 PM

218 posts, read 606,475 times
I'd like to give what energy I have left today to the sacred circle, without boundaries, without expectations, in peace. And now I sit.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASunshine View Post
I'd like to give what energy I have left today to the sacred circle, without boundaries, without expectations, in peace. And now I sit.
GASunshine, come and sit in peace and harmony with your surroundings, you will always be welcomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality