Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,579,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Still waiting for that new option.
Perhaps if you opened your eyes and you mind that option would unveil itself to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 AM

83 posts, read 95,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You do know that your precious "law of cause and effect" is a human construct, right?

You continue to damage your position with your assumptions.

Scientific law is a human construct, and humans are quite fallible.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,256,784 times
Quote:
Perhaps if you opened your eyes and you mind that option would unveil itself to you
That's the best you've got? Seriously? You have no answer so you just tell me I'm closed-minded.

LOL..ok.

Still waiting.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
That's the best you've got? Seriously? You have no answer so you just tell me I'm closed-minded.

LOL..ok.

Still waiting.
That's the best you've got? Just close your mind and reject anything that would require you to think?

You have only those answers that give you a warm fuzzy feeling and insist that they are correct.

Still waiting for some sign of intelligent thought, not just blind belief, from you.

Probably a lost cause though.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
Scientific law is a human construct, and humans are quite fallible.
And this alleged "god" is a human construct, and humans are quite fallible, right?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
That's the best you've got? Just close your mind and reject anything that would require you to think?

You have only those answers that give you a warm fuzzy feeling and insist that they are correct.

Still waiting for some sign of intelligent thought, not just blind belief, from you.

Probably a lost cause though.
I've logically demonstrated to you how the universe could not exist without a cause. That cause could not have been a natural, impersonal one. The only alternative is that there was a personal cause for the universe.

Unless you have another one. I'm willing to open my mind...what do you have?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
Quote:
I've logically demonstrated to you how the universe could not exist without a cause. That cause could not have been a natural, impersonal one. The only alternative is that there was a personal cause for the universe.

Unless you have another one. I'm willing to open my mind...what do you have?
So if you are not close minded do you accept this? It was in the news this am, and is very timely for this debate.... This gap in our knowledge has now been filled, and once again your god is pushed to the back of the bus.

Quote:
The "map" of light originating from the dawn of time, captured by the £515m Planck space telescope, reveals patterns which scientists say confirm that the universe began with a Big Bang.
New images confirm Big Bang theory - Telegraph

Old 03-21-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So if you are not close minded do you accept this? It was in the news this am, and is very timely for this debate.... This gap in our knowledge has now been filled, and once again your god is pushed to the back of the bus.

New images confirm Big Bang theory - Telegraph
And what caused it?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,520,628 times
Quote:
And what caused it?
Transdimensional Space Apes from Beyond All Reason, of course. They started the universe.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Transdimensional Space Apes from Beyond All Reason, of course. They started the universe.
What caused them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality