Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 01:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,595,317 times

Advertisements

So according to the bible being gay is a sin. And according to most people being gay isn't a choice your either born gay or your not. So if God created everyone then why would make people gay & then condemn them?

Please don't tell me that Satan created gays he lacks the power nor they there demons going around cursing people & making them gay.

I met one guy who said there were gay demon spider that would bite me hence making them gay. No really..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 PM

344 posts, read 396,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So according to the bible being gay is a sin. And according to most people being gay isn't a choice your either born gay or your not. So if God created everyone then why would make people gay & then condemn them?

Please don't tell me that Satan created gays he lacks the power nor they there demons going around cursing people & making them gay.

I met one guy who said there were gay demon spider that would bite me hence making them gay. No really..
Occasionally I see posts that ask questions concerning some biblical or religious irrationality. The simplest and most probable (although unprovable) answer is that god did not create gays, or anyone else. Satan likewise did not create gays. In fact, Satan did not create the Connecticut gunman. He was likely the product of his environment, and perhaps something like a brain chemical imbalance, along with various other factors. No devil, no Satan.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,250,550 times
Quote:
So according to the bible being gay is a sin.
"Being Gay" is never addressed in the Bible. Committing homosexual acts is condemned, though.
Quote:

And according to most people being gay isn't a choice your either born gay or your not.
So is alcoholism.
Quote:

So if God created everyone then why would make people gay & then condemn them?
God creates people heterosexual, and condemns us for having opposite-gender sex outside of marriage. For that matter, lusting after someone of the opposite gender is condemned.
Quote:

Sin

That's the product of a sinful world.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,589,834 times
Just for the record, being gay is not a sin. Having gay sex is the issue.

If a person wants to be right with God then one should not engage in willful sin, be it drunkness, judgementalism, unforgiveness, lieing, stealing, fornication, adultry or "whatever" as mentioned in the NT.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM

Well um hate to tell you all that but gay people have sex with other gay people sooo it would seem to me that being gay is a sin. Acoholism not something your born with I used to be one myself there is no cure for being gay.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,300 times
Quote:

People who think the Bible says "being gay" is a sin are ignorant. Gay, as a sexual orientation, wasn't even discovered until 1800 years after the Bible was written. And the only same-sex behavior discussed in the Bible involves heterosexuals engaging in same-sex prostitution, or rape. Neither of which condemn gay people anymore than prostitution and rape condemn all heterosexuals.

But religious extremists need something to hate, so they will continue to cherry pick the Bible to justify their bigotry. They're in for a rude awakening on Judgement day.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
Occasionally I see posts that ask questions concerning some biblical or religious irrationality. The simplest and most probable (although unprovable) answer is that god did not create gays, or anyone else. Satan likewise did not create gays. In fact, Satan did not create the Connecticut gunman. He was likely the product of his environment, and perhaps something like a brain chemical imbalance, along with various other factors. No devil, no Satan.
Is that why every animal species on earth has gays in it? The brains of gays are physically structured differently. Orientation is something you're born with, so yes God created gays.

Psalm 139:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:38 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,293,187 times
Quote:

It's the sex act, most specifically anal intercourse that's sinful, not being gay in itself. People may not be able to control who they are attracted to or even who they love, but they do have a choice on whether or not to have sex. The same restrictions are placed on heterosexual couples outside the marriage bed. I have tried to wrap my mind around the temple prostitution argument, but it simply doesn't hold weight when you read the text for what it says.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It's the sex act, most specifically anal intercourse that's sinful, not being gay in itself. People may not be able to control who they are attracted to or even who they love, but they do have a choice on whether or not to have sex. The same restrictions are placed on heterosexual couples outside the marriage bed. I have tried to wrap my mind around the temple prostitution argument, but it simply doesn't hold weight when you read the text for what it says.

So gay people are not suppoed to have sex? And gay women don't have intercourse so they arn't sinning when they have sex?

Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,250,550 times
Quote:
So gay people are not suppoed to have sex?
What is the difference between gay people and hetero men that REALLY like women? If you're not married, don't have sex. It's that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality