Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,636,400 times

Advertisements

So according to the bible being gay is a sin. And according to most people being gay isn't a choice your either born gay or your not. So if God created everyone then why would make people gay & then condemn them?

Your logic is flawed. according to the bible and according to most people are two different lines of thought entirely.

God created everyone then why would make people gay & then condemn them?

He didn't create them that way and he doesn't, they do themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,094,029 times
But with well over 70% of the gays, who seemingly take their marriage or personal connection vows a lot more seriously than many "Oh this is so magical!" ideals of many love-blinded heterosexual young women regarding their "Magical Day!", it's also a lot more socially successful.

really????what source does this info come from???

no church i was active in ever expressed hatred for gays------the concept of sin comes from the ideation and rules that sex outside a church recognized marriage is adulterous and therefore sinful
NO MATTER WHAT THE SEXUAL ORIENTATION OF THE PEOPLE ENGAGED IN IT IS

I AM NOT SPEAKING FOR ALL RELIGIOUS SECTS ONLY THE CATHOLIC AND PROTESTANT ONES I WAS INVOLVED WITH

Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,402,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylquesnetroll View Post
regarding "religious" people who say that homosexuality is wrong:

as the webmaster of the cynical and satirical e-zine known as iwww.******.me, i have little tolerance for anyone who says that homosexuality is wrong and then brings up the bible and leviticus. we've heard it all before, god says that homosexuality is wrong - but people who hate homosexuality because of the bible must be such a bunch of joiners who rely on the outside world for opinions. they probably think that muslims weren't responsible for 9/11 and that it was george bush who planned it. i can't imagine the lives that these people lead if they are apt to hate homosexuality because of something the bible says! to quote a limp-wristed maitre'd in ferris bueller's day off: "i weep for the future". i weep for the future when people can't make up their own minds about homosexuality. i weep because they don't even take into consideration what it takes to find security, fulfillment and something excitably taboo in a member of one's own gender. talking about a sense of completion, it should be the biggest insult for anyone not to feel complete without the presence of a member of their own gender acting as a psychological crutch for their sexually-dysfunctional existences. any man who utters the words "i need a man" is a masculivoid whose sense of masculine self-esteem is as "little bitty pissant" as the country place featured in "the best little whorehouse in texas".

sure, gays are heard preaching self-love 24/7. i'm sure that the people who get their disrespect of homosexuality from outside sources (such as the bible) are apt to buy into gays' self-esteem and pride when the little ***** exhibitionists are out trying to justify their self-love in "gay pride parades" from coast to coast, but it's only a front. a show. gay people are trying to sell their pride to the outside because they have no pride inside themselves, which is evidenced by their "little bitty pissant" states of minds and/or gender-identities which are half-baked enough to get a sense of completion from someone acting as "the real thing" in their lives. what makes a man date another man, surely not a strong sense of masculine sufficience.

i have no respect AT ALL for people who hate homosexuality because of what the bible says. what a bunch of mind-numb robots, "god commanded me to hate homosexuality, i must obey" - people who say this are like people who think that god is responsible for the gender they're sexually attracted to. i think there was a song called "going through the motions," i bring this up because that's exactly what people are doing - they're living life "going through the motions" and they're not thinking about the reasons why they are. what kind of robotic life is lived by bible-thumping and anti-gay people who think they were born straight? don't they have any justification or reasons for being anti-gay or for being psyched by a specific gender? i do, i've always known the reasons for my actions.

i grew up a skinny little wimp who did not excel at or play sports. i was picked last for teams in gym class, my sense of masculine esteem was damaged to see most boys being picked first and most girls being picked after them. i was always picked last because i was not as good as the boys. i wanted to be a real boy, kind of like peter pan, but situations like gym class told me that i was not. the real boys were picked before the girls, but i was picked last. like a remnant.

i had absolutely no armpit-hair until i was 16 or 17, even then it came in slowly. as early as 4th or 5th grade, i saw how i was lesser than the other shirtless boys in the locker-room who had a good bit of armpit-hair. every day in the locker-room would damage my masculine esteem, every day for 7 or 8 years. i don't have time (or respect) for anyone who tells me that i am attracted to men because of a fabled "gay gene," just like i no respect for anyone who tells me that i should not respect homosexuality out of respect for the bible. i don't need a bible to give me permission to spit on homosexuality, i have my own experiences and most of all i have common sense.
So you 'spit on homosexuality' because you are a skinny little wimp? Ummm okay, if you say so.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM

334 posts, read 451,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
"Being Gay" is never addressed in the Bible. Committing homosexual acts is condemned, though.

So is alcoholism.

God creates people heterosexual, and condemns us for having opposite-gender sex outside of marriage. For that matter, lusting after someone of the opposite gender is condemned.

That's the product of a sinful world.

SO IS HATE

You shouldn't lust for your spouse? Your poor wife. She probably has loads of toys hidden.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:20 PM

334 posts, read 451,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So you 'spit on homosexuality' because you are a skinny little wimp? Ummm okay, if you say so.
That is what the sexually repressed Bigots do to Homosexuals, makes them self loathing and more likely to commit suicide than the general population.

MANY of those that speak vehement hatred for Homosexuality are "closeted" Homosexuals themselves, there is history to prove this.

I am not pointed any fingers here but many posting in these anti-gay threads need to do some soul searching themselves, God will not think lessor of you if you admit it, at least to yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality