Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 12:25 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Indeed obvious - we are not urodeles!

True, but that's because nature made us without the power to regenerate. God can do all things, right, so growing a new arm or leg would a piece of cake for him. If he's never once done it that can be scientifically verified with either pics or video then it's pretty open and shut that he either doesn't give two ships for us or he doesn't exist. I go with the latter. The proof is in the millions of limbless Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 01:53 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
True, but that's because nature made us without the power to regenerate. God can do all things, right, so growing a new arm or leg would a piece of cake for him. If he's never once done it that can be scientifically verified with either pics or video then it's pretty open and shut that he either doesn't give two ships for us or he doesn't exist. I go with the latter. The proof is in the millions of limbless Christians.
Does being 'limbless' preclude one from entering heaven?

Old 08-22-2023, 03:49 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Is there any video of this limb growing? If not, then it's just hearsay. If its from the Bible then it's just homespun myths and fairytales.
"Signs and wonders": Always safely in the distant past, buried in a campfire story.

Old 08-22-2023, 03:51 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Sorry you had to go through that.

My wife had her right knee replaced 6 weeks ago and gained around a quarter inch length on that leg. Makes sense, as she was bone-on-bone, and in effect the synthetic knee adds the "cartilage" back in. In a few weeks, she'll go in to have the other knee replaced and things should even out ;-)

I have to say that the surgery is, in my view, mostly in "you've got to be kidding me" territory ... the physical therapy alone is brutal, and I've been in the uncomfortable position of bending her knee 3x a day, since if you don't break up scar tissue as it forms you will end up with insufficient mobility and they will have to bend the knee under anesthesia as well as surgically break up the scar tissue. The good news is her range of motion targets have all been met and now she just has to work on getting her strength and balance back.

I can only imagine what it was like for you as a young teen going through similar things.
LOL. I don't know if it was any worse than the 35 years I spent as a physical therapist torturing people with total knees replacements.

Old 08-23-2023, 08:38 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Does being 'limbless' preclude one from entering heaven?

Who knows? That answer is based on blind faith from words out of a 3,000 year old text written by ignorant goat herders. What I do know is that it precludes any real belief in the Christian god answering any prayers as the Bible promise he will. The plethora of excuses Christians give for prayers not getting answered can be safely tucked away now as just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from the fact that the Christian god simply doesn't exist. You know the excuses: "God DID answer your prayer. He said "NO!" "You have sin in your life." "You don't have faith." "You're praying for the wrong thing." "You don't know God's will." "Your prayer is selfish."

I could go on and on but there isn't enough room for all the sarcasm smilies. There's a whole laundry list of excuses invented by apologists to cover up why the Christian god never answers prayers.

https://calebpierce.org/10-reasons-p...rent-answered/

The real reason that Christians don't acknowledge that would explain the Christian god's whole absence from the scene is that he simply does not exist. THAT would clearly and without any ambiguity explain why the Christian god doesn't regenerate Christians' limbs like Jesus did in the gospels, or answer any substantive prayers in general.

It's interesting to note that the Christian god had no compunctions about growing limbs back in a time when no verifiable record of it could be made but then in the era when photos and videos exist the Christian god suddenly gets camera-shy. Doesn't that tell you something?

Old 08-24-2023, 01:02 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Who knows? That answer is based on blind faith from words out of a 3,000 year old text written by ignorant goat herders. What I do know is that it precludes any real belief in the Christian god answering any prayers as the Bible promise he will. The plethora of excuses Christians give for prayers not getting answered can be safely tucked away now as just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from the fact that the Christian god simply doesn't exist. You know the excuses: "God DID answer your prayer. He said "NO!" "You have sin in your life." "You don't have faith." "You're praying for the wrong thing." "You don't know God's will." "Your prayer is selfish."

I could go on and on but there isn't enough room for all the sarcasm smilies. There's a whole laundry list of excuses invented by apologists to cover up why the Christian god never answers prayers.

https://calebpierce.org/10-reasons-p...rent-answered/

The real reason that Christians don't acknowledge that would explain the Christian god's whole absence from the scene is that he simply does not exist. THAT would clearly and without any ambiguity explain why the Christian god doesn't regenerate Christians' limbs like Jesus did in the gospels, or answer any substantive prayers in general.

It's interesting to note that the Christian god had no compunctions about growing limbs back in a time when no verifiable record of it could be made but then in the era when photos and videos exist the Christian god suddenly gets camera-shy. Doesn't that tell you something?
Maybe if you woulda read that '3,000 year old text written by ignorant goat herders' ,
you'd see that God tells you:
"Go to the Doctor !" :

1 Make friends with the doctor, for he is essential to you;
God has also established him in his profession.

2 From God the doctor has wisdom,
and from the king he receives sustenance.

3 Knowledge makes the doctor distinguished,
and gives access to those in authority. . .

Sirach 38:1-3

...or did you belong to one of those denominations that threw the common sense books out of their bibles? (Wisdom, Sirach, etc)

Old 08-24-2023, 01:49 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Maybe if you woulda read that '3,000 year old text written by ignorant goat herders' ,
you'd see that God tells you:
"Go to the Doctor !" :

1 Make friends with the doctor, for he is essential to you;
God has also established him in his profession.

2 From God the doctor has wisdom,
and from the king he receives sustenance.

3 Knowledge makes the doctor distinguished,
and gives access to those in authority. . .

Sirach 38:1-3

...or did you belong to one of those denominations that threw the common sense books out of their bibles? (Wisdom, Sirach, etc)

Despite my disdain for the corruption and abuses of Catholic dogma and traditions in their "precepts and doctrines of men," its retention of more scriptures from destruction has been one of its more useful attributes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality