Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM

341 posts, read 684,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Actually, anyone with any real estate experience knows that the seller sets the price.
Additionally, anyone with any real estate experience knows that the Seller and I put up a price.
Z put up a value. $380,000 and it is wrong today, will be wrong tomorrow, and hasn't been right at any time they put it up.

"Value" and "Price" are two decidedly different subjects. I pointed out earlier that Z valued and I priced. I can make that point again, but after a while it gets remedial.
Yes, the seller (Partially) sets the sale price. It is determined by two major influences: Supply and demand of desired units.

If there is a glut of similar houses, and demand is low, price will be lower than if there was a smaller supply or larger demand.

And, Zillow was right at the point-in-time where the sale occurred. It was off by only $3K. You were off by $10K.

You can keep denying it all you want, but the example you provided only demonstrated Zillow is pretty accurate with their point-in-time valuations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM

43,365 posts, read 77,261,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE Skeptic View Post
What “grievous” mistake, did I make in my last post? Seems to be a common reply to my posts when you don't like what I say. I simply, and correctly, pointed out the difference b/t RE Commissions and the RE Associations. We have had various discussions on CD regarding the NC contracts, and I believe you are the one who has been incorrect in the past (happy to reference on request)

I just thought it was interesting how you worded your support of “standard contracts”. You mentioned that these “standard contracts” are “provided” by “attorneys” who hammer them out to meet the RE Commission and Bar Association requirements. You never once mentioned the NCAR is a major player in drafting the contract. Other RE agents on this post have also tried to associate their contracts with their State’s RE Commission and minimize the role of RE Associations in drafting the contracts.

Obviously, contracts are drafted within the confines of the “law” and I never said they were not. That does not mean that they are evenly balanced b/t the public and RE industry.

I was referring to all NC RE Contracts, not just the to the sales contract (OTP). You are correct, the NC OTP is drafted jointly by the NCAR and the NC Bar Association. Both “Associations” are private, non governmental that “lobby” for their own private interest. Since they are both involved, and profit, from RE transactions, it is not surprising that they jointly formulate the NC OTP contract.

It is interesting to note that other NC RE contracts (Listing Agency) do not have the NC Bar Association logo on the form (at least the forms I have seen). Perhaps the NC Bar Association is not involved with developing these contracts?
My post pointed out your errors, with links to help you as much as possible.
Perhaps you should read it all and try to inject some coherent thought into your side of the dialogue.

One of us admits mistakes. I will claim that honor.
One of us slithers around his mistakes, with misdirection and misquotes, under the protection of anonymity.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM

397 posts, read 614,380 times
Quote:
My post pointed out your errors
It did?

Quote:
As usual, you are clearly and grievously mistaken in your post.
Its a simple question, what is the grievous mistake in my post?

And since you implied that this is a trend ("as usual"), what other “grievous” mistakes have I made?

Lets try not to slither away from the question.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
It did?

And since you implied that this is a trend ("as usual"), what other “grievous” mistakes have I made?

Did you fib about all contracts being referenced, or just didn't bother to follow the conversation?
Just curious about the basis for further correction of your grievous errors.
If you cannot follow the conversation, I cannot help you.

Not that it is relevant, but of course, other documents that are used by agents between themselves and consumers do not have Bar Association approval on them. Agents and consumers represent themselves as principals with those contracts, and as principals we are not as liable for practicing law as we are when working as a third party between principals in negotiating purchase contracts.
The bar association is interested in any activity we engage in that could be construed as practicing law.

Don't kid yourself for a moment that the Real Estate Commission does not have input into creation of any of those documents. And don't kid yourself that the state legislature does not direct the Commission as to how they want things to proceed.
Transparency in commission payment was a significant revision that was forced on NCAR by the Commission. I have supported it since inception and wish it had not been watered down.
The Commission incorporated the Owners Association Addendum into the Property Disclosure, and that also simplified documents.
NCAR fought for years to get the Due Diligence process into the standard Offer/Contract, and it is a great change from prior years.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM

397 posts, read 614,380 times
My question:
Quote:

Your answer:
Quote:
Did you fib about all contracts being referenced, or just didn't bother to follow the conversation?
Just curious about the basis for further correction of your grievous errors.
If you cannot follow the conversation, I cannot help you.
Not sure what this means, but I guess you chose the slither option.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:04 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,525,935 times
Thanks for the giggle!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
My question:

Your answer:

Not sure what this means, but I guess you chose the slither option.
So, I have clarity that you cannot or will not follow the conversation. You are even unable to quote direct answers.
I just cannot help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate