Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 04:50 PM

19,281 posts, read 17,161,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Is there a gag order on everyone, or just Trump?
I think just the person who uses his personal site to lambaste,belittle and possibly threaten all those involved and their relatives so its not some MSM made up accusations. But I can't recall seeing comments from others involved, not saying they haven't just haven't seen them.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:55 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,849,873 times
Quote:
Just Trump. He's the criminal defendant on trial.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:57 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,456,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
What had he said about Cohen that he's being fined for it?
Well to be fair, the violations of the gag order were based on Trump’s comments on multiple trial witnesses…not just Cohen. This link gives a synopsis of the particular social media posts that got Trump in hot water.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...posts-removed/

I’m not going to address each one, but it doesn’t strike me as unreasonable for a judge to look at these in totality and see a pattern of language that is inconsistent with the gag order. These statements appear to me to be, at a minimum, intended to attack the credibility of the witnesses in question. There is absolutely a time and place to do that….in Court.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:58 PM

7,992 posts, read 3,522,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
SS can take over the whole floor in a jail/prison...they can even take over the whole building if they choose to do so, and they can demand that the inmates are removed to different areas/floors/buildings.
I would be surprised to see him sent to jail before his SS protection could be revoked. They want him alone with Bubba so nature can take it's course and we can all se what happens to people who threaten the system.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:01 PM

46,371 posts, read 27,199,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I think just the person who uses his personal site to lambaste,belittle and possibly threaten all those involved and their relatives so its not some MSM made up accusations.
When did he "possibly threaten all those involved and their relatives"? Provide a link to what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
But I can't recall seeing comments from others involved, not saying they haven't just haven't seen them.
Hey, I'm not sure but I think I may have heard from an unknown source that hey might have said.

When you want to plant the seed of "whatever". Just say you don't really know, but I heard.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:03 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 16 days ago)

1,359 posts, read 678,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m no Constitutional Scholar. It does strike me though that there should be certain rules in place that prevent those accused of crimes from taking actions that might undermine the integrity of the legal proceedings. Threatening witnesses, court staff, etc. should be out of bounds. Reasonable people can disagree about what constitutes a threat, or statement that would impede the fair application of justice. Has Trump crossed the line? I think so. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Trump’s words could incite someone to take actions that might cause harm to another person….in my mind, this isn’t dissimilar to what happened on January 6. I don’t think the Judge is being unreasonable based on Trump’s current and past rhetoric to apply a gag order in the interests of justice.
I suspect you've not taken ANY classes in law..

Old 04-30-2024, 05:03 PM

45,555 posts, read 60,795,283 times
I always enjoy seeing threads where the originator is so excited that there are misused/misspelled words in the title.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:13 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,456,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
I suspect you've not taken ANY classes in law..
Correct, but I’m pretty sure the Judge presiding over the Trump case has.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:13 PM

17,753 posts, read 6,990,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I always enjoy seeing threads where the originator is so excited that there are misused/misspelled words in the title.
lol. Yeah I saw that too. They’re just giddy with glee about something bad happening to Trump. It’s really pathetic to be honest.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:24 PM

175 posts, read 69,220 times
Quote:
Just Trump. And he does say some inappropriate stuff, so I get why the judge ordered it.

However, it's equally true that many of these witnesses are on television daily bashing Trump, and at least a couple of them are seeking book deals out of their participation in this trial. The prosecutor is openly campaigning and fundraising on his efforts to prosecute Trump, but I suppose that should at least put to rest any doubt that this is a politically motivated prosecution.

Regardless, I do think it would be much more fair for the judge to put a gag order on everyone and not just Trump. Given the prosecutors behavior and the witnesses daily TV appearances, it is actually a little astounding that the judge hasn't addressed any of these issues in court. But I guess if you analyze his motives based on his other rulings so far in this case, the judge appears to be pretty biased as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies