Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 04:13 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 19 days ago)

1,365 posts, read 684,681 times

Advertisements

It is satisfying to watch DJT's support increasing daily with every Soviet style tactic the degenerates try to use against him..hopefully the retribution will be medieval.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:13 PM

21,219 posts, read 19,835,136 times
I hope Trump does it and becomes a hero of the First Amendment. These wacko judges are not the boss.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:21 PM

13,716 posts, read 9,044,544 times
I read elsewhere that the Secret Service and the Court (or the jailers thereof) have been in discussions about what to do if Mr. Trump were to be jailed for a few days.

However, I agree with the sentiment that the Court will not jail Mr. Trump. If he were a poor black man? Sure. But a 'wealthy' white man running for President? No.

A poor black man running for President? Yes.

By the by: gag orders are valid, as two minutes on Google will show. Mr. Trump is free to speak on many subjects. He may discuss Mr. Biden; he may discuss the economy, immigration, foreign policy, interest rates, inflation, the Federal Reserve, capital gain taxes, most anything his heart desires.

He simply cannot attack staff members of the Court (the judge is exempt), or attack witnesses, or try to intimidate witnesses. Really, a very narrow gag order.

Yet, Mr. Trump does not choose to talk about anything other than how he is the victim in all this. He is the weakest 'strong man' I think I have ever seen.

Can't campaign because of the trial? He just went through four straight days of no trial in which he could have campaigned, but he choose to play golf.

A weak man. The epitome of 'snowflake'.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:34 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,460,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Those gag orders are unconstitutional.
I’m no Constitutional Scholar. It does strike me though that there should be certain rules in place that prevent those accused of crimes from taking actions that might undermine the integrity of the legal proceedings. Threatening witnesses, court staff, etc. should be out of bounds. Reasonable people can disagree about what constitutes a threat, or statement that would impede the fair application of justice. Has Trump crossed the line? I think so. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Trump’s words could incite someone to take actions that might cause harm to another person….in my mind, this isn’t dissimilar to what happened on January 6. I don’t think the Judge is being unreasonable based on Trump’s current and past rhetoric to apply a gag order in the interests of justice.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:36 PM

23,950 posts, read 12,753,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He's taking orders from Biden, he'll lock Trump up if Biden tells him to.
Yep. Democrats had already been opening many doors in their frenetic zeal in trying to "Get Trump by any means necessary", doors that they will eventually wish they'd kept shut.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:37 PM

4,548 posts, read 4,072,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I hope he does it, too. I'm sick of all the preferential treatment being given Trump. Time for him to be treated like any other private citizen.
Without full impeachment no previous president is “like any other private citizen”.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:40 PM

23,950 posts, read 12,753,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m no Constitutional Scholar. It does strike me though that there should be certain rules in place that prevent those accused of crimes from taking actions that might undermine the integrity of the legal proceedings. Threatening witnesses, court staff, etc. should be out of bounds. Reasonable people can disagree about what constitutes a threat, or statement that would impede the fair application of justice. Has Trump crossed the line? I think so. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Trump’s words could incite someone to take actions that might cause harm to another person….in my mind, this isn’t dissimilar to what happened on January 6. I don’t think the Judge is being unreasonable based on Trump’s current and past rhetoric to apply a gag order in the interests of justice.
What had he said about Cohen that he's being fined for it?

Old 04-30-2024, 04:41 PM

19,289 posts, read 17,171,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Those gag orders are unconstitutional.
Based on what his inability to just keep his mouth shut, there's never any challenge to this frequently used court option in other cases. Maybe if he didn't threaten, belittle and demean those involved or simply those related to those involved he wouldn't be under it. Maybe those receiving his verbal wrath should just sue him for defamation of character, or would that be picking on him too.

His actions have placed him where he is now, can't wait for all the lawyers, contractors and service providers that he owes money to start taking him to court to collect...

Old 04-30-2024, 04:44 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,290,087 times
Is there a gag order on everyone, or just Trump?

Old 04-30-2024, 04:48 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,214,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Based on what his inability to just keep his mouth shut, there's never any challenge to this frequently used court option in other cases. Maybe if he didn't threaten, belittle and demean those involved or simply those related to those involved he wouldn't be under it. Maybe those receiving his verbal wrath should just sue him for defamation of character, or would that be picking on him too.

His actions have placed him where he is now, can't wait for all the lawyers, contractors and service providers that he owes money to start taking him to court to collect...
You have a lot of "Maybe" in your post, but what we don't see is anything backing up what you see with facts. As normal, people such a as you cannot back anything up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies