Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 05:30 PM

46,370 posts, read 27,199,603 times

Advertisements

"Just trump" (said several times in this thread)

GLAD that people seem to think it's OK for one person to have a gag order against them, but people that are testifying against him do not.

Who thinks this is fair?

Old 04-30-2024, 05:42 PM

23,890 posts, read 12,715,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Well to be fair, the violations of the gag order were based on Trump’s comments on multiple trial witnesses…not just Cohen. This link gives a synopsis of the particular social media posts that got Trump in hot water.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...posts-removed/

I’m not going to address each one, but it doesn’t strike me as unreasonable for a judge to look at these in totality and see a pattern of language that is inconsistent with the gag order. These statements appear to me to be, at a minimum, intended to attack the credibility of the witnesses in question. There is absolutely a time and place to do that….in Court.
Thanks. I tried to find a list but all I could find is that the judge had given him a pass and had not sanctioned him for his calling Cohen and Daniels sleaze bags. (which was erroneously on the list in the link you'd posted)

Everything else seems very tame. In fact, Cohen and others had been far worse in their comments of Trump.

example:

"“LOOK WHAT WAS JUST FOUND,” the former President posted on the morning of April 10, above a photo of a 2018 statement from Daniels denying her relationship with Trump. “WILL THE FAKE NEWS REPORT" IT?”

So, Trump is penalized for telling the truth? How does the truth attack her credibility? How can anyone think that he'd threatened her with that truthful comment?

Old 04-30-2024, 05:49 PM

15,124 posts, read 8,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I hope he does it. Anyone who isn't a DNC bootlicker knows this trial is a farce. Throwing Trump in jail for defending himself from today's Salem witch trials will just result in a bigger margin of victory in November.
Yes indeed

The clueless Judge apparently doesn’t understand that he really cannot lock Trump up, unless he is prepared to throw what ever jail it is into pure chaos.

The Secret Service has ultimate jurisdiction wherever they go, and have full authority to direct whatever security measures they deem necessary to protect the person they are assigned to protect. If that means evacuating the entire jail, and take over the jail’s security, they have the power to do that, and no judge or anyone else can interfere or overrule them.

The truth is, no law enforcement agency can even arrest Trump, and take him into custody. LOL. The Secret Service can literally say no! You may not interfere in our security protection, and you will not. So, take a hike.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:50 PM

5,966 posts, read 2,785,359 times
Judge threatens to lock Trump up if he violators anymore gag orders.

Election interference, much?

Who does it better? Putin or the Democrat Party?

Is this not a Threat to our Democracy? The whole RFK debacle is bad enough, but to tie up the leading opposition candidate in frivolous court dates/appearances and that candidate just so happens to be is dominating the incumbent in just about every single poll and then to slap gag orders on that candidate, and then threaten to lock him up during the final months of a political campaign is just about as bad as it gets from anywhere in the world. It's Third World, banana republic type stuff.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:59 PM

8,554 posts, read 4,791,254 times
…nevertheless, it’s a case and will be divided on its own merits, with all the flaws of our justice system baked in.

Trump is a loudmouth and that’s never been acceptable in court.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:08 PM

23,890 posts, read 12,715,685 times
^^nailed it!^^

Old 04-30-2024, 06:11 PM

7,174 posts, read 4,761,837 times
Gag orders are usually put in place to allow the defendant a fair trial.
This judge must get his daily dose of lust power and fame fulfilled every day by twisting the rules of law to mirror his twisted mind.
Unconstitutional
Free speech denier
Due process obliterated

The things I am witnessing are such loathsome behavior
I must have been transported to a fascist commie country
Or the country has been transformed
Obama’s wish fulfilled

Old 04-30-2024, 06:17 PM

30,567 posts, read 19,302,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Gag orders are usually put in place to allow the defendant a fair trial.
This judge must get his daily dose of lust power and fame fulfilled every day by twisting the rules of law to mirror his twisted mind.
Unconstitutional
Free speech denier
Due process obliterated

The things I am witnessing are such loathsome behavior
I must have been transported to a fascist commie country
Or the country has been transformed
Obama’s wish fulfilled
100% correct but all of these weaponized rigged Dem Kangaroo Court trials have helped Trump politically. Latest CNN poll has Trump up 9 point over Biden, Trump is going to landslide Biden in November.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:22 PM

2,712 posts, read 1,213,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Those gag orders are unconstitutional.
I was going to ask what is the point of them? Why is he being ordered to not say anything not even his opinion?

Old 04-30-2024, 08:26 PM

8,369 posts, read 6,467,478 times
Jailing Trump could be the start of the civil war,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.